• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Random Postings

montalo

Archon
Reaction score
3/5 Classes have grades in, and I have two As and one P, making me having a 4.0 currently for the semester and by default, my entire grad school career because it is my first semester.

wont last, but it's nice for now

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
TheMathematician said:
3/5 Classes have grades in, and I have two As and one P, making me having a 4.0 currently for the semester and by default, my entire grad school career because it is my first semester.

You don't know that :)

montalo

Archon
Reaction score
Volnutt said:
TheMathematician said:

I do know that, haha, because i know that ive missed too many points to get an A in one of my classes

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
TheMathematician said:
Volnutt said:
TheMathematician said:

I do know that, haha, because i know that ive missed too many points to get an A in one of my classes
You should be able to overcome that by more good grades in the future, right?

montalo

Archon
Reaction score
Volnutt said:
TheMathematician said:
Volnutt said:
TheMathematician said:

You should be able to overcome that by more good grades in the future, right?
True, but also, honestly?

Best semester i ever had as an undergraduate was a 3.4 my freshman year, and im 99% sure im getting at or above a 3.5 this semester so i will take it and be very happy over it

(I graduated with a 32 from undergrad, by the way)

Chiere

High Elder
Post Moderated
Reaction score
I've never been to grad school but I have heard that it can be pretty difficult at times.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
Who came up with the name "Hackensack" anyway?
I think it comes from a Fountains of Wayne song.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Looks can be deceiving.  Also, someone has seen too many slasher horror flicks.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Is there any point in having a Kindle e-reader in addition to tablet/laptop? Is the screen anyhow better for reading?

montalo

Archon
Reaction score
Alpo said:
Is there any point in having a Kindle e-reader in addition to tablet/laptop? Is the screen anyhow better for reading?
A: a tablet is always going to be better to have than a kindle e-reader because of the kindle app.

B: honestly? Easier to carrier than a laptop.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
if you threw a handful of ants into a bowl of pudding and then mixed it up would they die

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
I read your first statement as a declaratory statement, not in inquiry.  Punctuation saves lives, my friend. You (and the ants) have learned a valuable lesson.

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
Alpo said:
The screen is entirely different and better. Computer-type screens require you to look into a light as you are using them. If it isn't obvious, numerous studies show this is bad for health.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
Alpo said:
The screen is entirely different and better. Computer-type screens require you to look into a light as you are using them. If it isn't obvious, numerous studies show this is bad for health.
I spend about 12 hours a day staring at computer screens.  If that doesn't destroy my health, I'm not sure reading from a tablet is going to tip me over the edge.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
I read your first statement as a declaratory statement, not in inquiry.  Punctuation saves lives, my friend. You (and the ants) have learned a valuable lesson.

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Porter ODoran said:
Alpo said:
I spend about 12 hours a day staring at computer screens.  If that doesn't destroy my health, I'm not sure reading from a tablet is going to tip me over the edge.
Yeah, you're probably screwed.

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
protectress.org
Oh my goodness.

I'm now one of the top 10 posters.

How did that happen?  It seems to me that I hardly ever post.

You guys have got to start posting more.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
LizaSymonenko said:
Oh my goodness.

While my numbers are down slightly from last year, I am nonetheless doing my part!  :angel:

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
LizaSymonenko said:
Oh my goodness.

As you wish. :)

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
Wow I didn't think this would happen anytime soon. The baby went straight to sleep without a bottle.

Minnesotan

Archon
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
Wow I didn't think this would happen anytime soon. The baby went straight to sleep without a bottle.
See row 5, column 4.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Science question: assuming good weather/eyesight, if you saw a person standing 1 mile away, how much detail would you be able to make out?