Random Postings

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Papist said:
Asteriktos said:
Papist said:
So the tax refund will pay for my tuition this summer!!! :) Gonna take two courses: 1. Epistemology, 2. The Philosophy of Human Nature.

Also, this Fall I will begin my Latin courses. :)
Out of curiosity, what type of course on epistemology? I mean, are you going to have an overview type thing, or more like exploring one particular view in depth?
The first half of the course will be an overview of different thinkers and topics in epistemology. The second half will focus on Thomistic realism and Thomistic responses to non-realisits.
Hmm, well, enjoy, I suppose :)

ironchapman

High Elder
Reaction score
Papist said:
Asteriktos said:
Papist said:
So the tax refund will pay for my tuition this summer!!! :) Gonna take two courses: 1. Epistemology, 2. The Philosophy of Human Nature.

Also, this Fall I will begin my Latin courses. :)
Out of curiosity, what type of course on epistemology? I mean, are you going to have an overview type thing, or more like exploring one particular view in depth?
The first half of the course will be an overview of different thinkers and topics in epistemology. The second half will focus on Thomistic realism and Thomistic responses to non-realisits.
Will you be looking at this for epistemology? http://philosophyfaculty.ucsd.edu/faculty/rarneson/courses/gettierphilreading.pdf

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
That person said:
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
Santana was the only band that could still sound tight while playing on acid, and even Carlos's psychedelic days were short lived. He realized very quickly that tight blues jams are rarely produced by hallucinogenics.

Selam
Dylan? Hendrix? The Beatles?
Dylan and The Beatles didn't paly blues jams (and Dylan certainly wasn't a good harmonica player). Hendrix did play blues, but in spite of his talent, I would never describe his playing as "tight." He was all over the place, and he sounded like he was playing on acid. Great guitarist, but I never really liked his music. But that's just my two cents.

Selam

Selam

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=71597718&viewreplies=true

Americans certainly do have a fascination with eastern Europe...

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
akimori makoto said:
Okay, am I the only person with the pleasure of being carded while leaving a venue not once, but on two separate occasions?
Ever get carded twice by different people in the same beer line?

Ortho_cat

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
akimori makoto said:
Okay, am I the only person with the pleasure of being carded while leaving a venue not once, but on two separate occasions?
rofl...what would be the point of that??

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Ortho_cat said:
akimori makoto said:
rofl...what would be the point of that??
You forget, down under they do everything backwards :)

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
That person said:
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
Santana was the only band that could still sound tight while playing on acid, and even Carlos's psychedelic days were short lived. He realized very quickly that tight blues jams are rarely produced by hallucinogenics.

Selam
Dylan and The Beatles didn't paly blues jams (and Dylan certainly wasn't a good harmonica player). Hendrix did play blues, but in spite of his talent, I would never describe his playing as "tight." He was all over the place, and he sounded like he was playing on acid. Great guitarist, but I never really liked his music. But that's just my two cents.

Selam

Selam
Dylan was a singer-songwriter.  As a songwriter he was great.  As a singer...not so much.

I'm not all that sold on the beetles.  They had a few good songs.  None were exceptionally great, IMHO.

Hendrix.  I really like some of his stuff.

Of all the old music, David Bowie will always be my hero.

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
vamrat said:
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
That person said:
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:

Selam

Selam

Selam
Dylan was a singer-songwriter.  As a songwriter he was great.  As a singer...not so much.

I'm not all that sold on the beetles.  They had a few good songs.  None were exceptionally great, IMHO.

Yeah, I like David Bowie a lot. I think David Byrne of Talking Heads was heavily influenced by Bowie.

Selam

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
vamrat said:
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
That person said:
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:

Selam

Selam

Selam

Yeah, I like David Bowie a lot. I think David Byrne of Talking Heads was heavily influenced by Bowie.

Selam
Christos voskrese!

I could definitely see that. 

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
Charlie Rose is currently interviewing an art scholar who believes the Shroud of Tourin is authentic. On PBS right now. Interesting!

Selam
I saw something like this on the Aliens and Nazis (History) Channel back on the Eve of the Annunciation (Catholic Good Friday).  Very interesting!  They did a reconstruction of what the face imprinted on the shroud would have looked like.  Very similar to how the Icons show our Lord.  True science and true religion usually agree!

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Marc1152 said:
vamrat said:
Marc1152 said:
I noticed that I just hit 5,000 posts... Perhaps I need a new hobby
World of Tanks, yo!
Let's find a time to platoon. I have a Tiger now
Sweet.  I try to get on around 8 or 9 usually.  I have a Tiger and an IS.  Do you have the long 88 on the Tiger yet?

Marc1152

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
vamrat said:
Marc1152 said:
vamrat said:
Marc1152 said:
I noticed that I just hit 5,000 posts... Perhaps I need a new hobby
World of Tanks, yo!
Let's find a time to platoon. I have a Tiger now

Sweet.  I try to get on around 8 or 9 usually.  I have a Tiger and an IS.  Do you have the long 88 on the Tiger yet?
It's pretty long.. I mean, Ive never had a complaint  :p

(okay yes..i have the long 88)