Random Postings

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
vamrat said:
ZealousZeal said:
I hadn't worked it out past "Entertaining".  ;)
Need me to post something nonsensical again in the "Now I Formally Renounce..." thread?

Another prophesy of the Great Platypus?
It would be most helpful, if you have received a new prophesy to share. I'm certain we could all benefit from the uplifting message.
Done.  ;)

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
vamrat said:
ZealousZeal said:
vamrat said:
ZealousZeal said:
Need me to post something nonsensical again in the "Now I Formally Renounce..." thread?

It would be most helpful, if you have received a new prophesy to share. I'm certain we could all benefit from the uplifting message.
Done.   ;)
Oh thank God... I was about 2 minutes away from posting my picture on the "what does everyone look like?" thread. Boredom tempts you to do what you normally would not. ;)

podkarpatska

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.acrod.org
ZealousZeal said:
vamrat said:
ZealousZeal said:
vamrat said:
ZealousZeal said:

Done.   ;)
Oh thank God... I was about 2 minutes away from posting my picture on the "what does everyone look like?" thread. Boredom tempts you to do what you normally would not. ;)
I prophesy (?) that the Pittsburgh Pirates will not make the major league baseball playoffs in 2012.

How's that?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
That thread is always bittersweet. It's nice knowing what people actually look like, but sometimes what they look like is so far from what you thought that you wonder if being off by so much means you're crazy or if it's not a big deal and not really that important hey it's a run on sentence let's keep going ok I'm bored random thread ok now this isn't even a sentence it looks more like a youngun doing the texting thing they just keep going like this o bt weight thay probly tlk moor lik dis amirite ya u no i am ok srry ramble buh bye.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
vamrat said:
ZealousZeal said:
vamrat said:
ZealousZeal said:

Done.   ;)
You probably ought to post your picture.  For some reason I have been picturing you in my mind as the Great Alpaca, mother of the Wombat.  ;)

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
vamrat said:
ZealousZeal said:
vamrat said:
ZealousZeal said:
vamrat said:
ZealousZeal said:

Done.   ;)
You probably ought to post your picture.  For some reason I have been picturing you in my mind as the Great Alpaca, mother of the Wombat.   ;)
That was my favorite part! Why ruin it with reality? ;)

Test is over! I actually feel really good about it... which either means I did well, or bombed it spectacularly and have no idea what I'm doing.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
Grades are posted! I got a 99. Woohoo!  ;D
The Great Platypus never fails those who learn the mystery of the tuberculated pipe.  Good job, wise Alpaca!

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
Asteriktos said:
ZealousZeal said:
Must be nice to get grades back so quickly! But tounds good :) 
It is nice. The beauty of Scantron!
Ahh yes, I thought I had left that behind in high school, but luckily I had a teacher who used that in college (and I had 3 different classes with the teacher). If it was a 3 hour class we'd get the results almost immediately... we'd take the test in the first hour, go for a break to let everyone finish and the test be graded, and then come back to get our grades. I wish all classes were like that! I also got a 99/100 on one of those tests, in a Nutrition class. The question I missed:

The Mouth is an organ.
True
False

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
ZealousZeal said:
Asteriktos said:
ZealousZeal said:
Must be nice to get grades back so quickly! But tounds good :) 
It is nice. The beauty of Scantron!
Ahh yes, I thought I had left that behind in high school, but luckily I had a teacher who used that in college (and I had 3 different classes with the teacher). If it was a 3 hour class we'd get the results almost immediately... we'd take the test in the first hour, go for a break to let everyone finish and the test be graded, and then come back to get our grades. I wish all classes were like that! I also got a 99/100 on one of those tests, in a Nutrition class. The question I missed:

The Mouth is an organ.
True
False
Gah, I'm inclined to say no, but it is a pretty key area in the digestive system. Which is it?

The class I'm taking right now is Anatomy & Physiology III... I like it. We have cadaver labs and it's super interesting.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
Gah, I'm inclined to say no, but it is a pretty key area in the digestive system. Which is it?

The class I'm taking right now is Anatomy & Physiology III... I like it. We have cadaver labs and it's super interesting.
Cadaver labs? Please don't ruin that by telling me what it's really like, I have a flood of images from horror movies coming to me and I want to enjoy this  ;D

But the answer was true, the mouth is indeed considered an organ.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
ZealousZeal said:

Cadaver labs? Please don't ruin that by telling me what it's really like, I have a flood of images from horror movies coming to me and I want to enjoy this  ;D

But the answer was true, the mouth is indeed considered an organ.
Far be it from me to ruin your mental image, but I think you'll appreciate this tidbit:

Our lab is connected to the cadaver room by a door. There's also a small window that lets you see into one room from the other. The cadaver room is pretty big by necessity- it has a bunch of equipment, an autopsy table, and the refrigerators we keep the bodies in. The lights are on a motion sensor... you walk in, they come on. Anyway, my class meets at night (we're there until 9:30 PM). There have been a few occasions when we would be in lab, and all of a sudden the lights in the cadaver room come on (which we see in that one small window) for no apparent reason. No one is in there but the cadavers, and the lights go back off after a few minutes. Spooky! ooOOoooOOooOOoooo!

True story.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
I formally renounce and anathematize truck balls.  Whoever thought of this sinister abortion of an idea should be castrated with a blow torch, assuming that their invention is not already evidence of this person (and I use the term loosely) being a eunuch.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Don't blame, but rather take pity on them. As our culture has been feminized by feminizing feminists, men have increasingly been able to find fewer and fewer outlets for expressing their masculinity. At first it started with a seemingly innocent "getting in touch with your feminine side" concept... and then before we knew it -BOOM- all men had become little more than powderpuff girls. Images of cartoon characters taking a leak, truck balls, etc, are some of the only expressions left of pure, unadulterated masculinity. Would any woman do such a thing? Obviously not. Therefore to do such things is to somehow assert, however weakly and cheesily, that we ARE men! hear us softly roar!

Sadly, Chuck Norris and Bruce Campbell are the only real men left.