• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Random Postings

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
I think they starve dogs for a few days for those crap dog food commercials.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
I think they starve dogs for a few days for those crap dog food commercials.
I don't know - never met a dog that wasn't hungry all the time. :laugh:

Some commercials are far from crap, though. Like this one.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I feel like this place has yet again descended into crazytown... we were relatively quiet during the Nativity Fast.

genesisone

Archon
Reaction score
When I went to pick up one of the other chanters for our practice last evening, he didn't recognize my car because it was street-salt-silver instead of black  ;D.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I'd go through my Ancient Faith podcast library again over Lent. Had to reconsider the idea when I ran it through Winamp and found out it's 533 hours long. :eek: I may have overdone it with the following...

sakura95

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
I got a haircut recently and now I'm quite distraught. My bangs are gone and my hair length's too short for me  :(

Oh well, at least it's not as bad as the last time.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Arachne said:
I thought I'd go through my Ancient Faith podcast library again over Lent. Had to reconsider the idea when I ran it through Winamp and found out it's 533 hours long. :eek: I may have overdone it with the following...
Winamp? People still use it? I thought it would be long dead by now.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Alpo said:
Arachne said:
People with sense use it, or should. Any other player I've used was, by comparison, a total resource hog.

Joha

High Elder
Reaction score
Have you ever been homesick to a place you couldn't possibly call home, but somehow feels more so than you actual home?

or am I just rambling...

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
Joha said:
Have you ever been homesick to a place you couldn't possibly call home, but somehow feels more so than you actual home?

or am I just rambling...
Yes, but then I got married. Cure for all that.

Joha

High Elder
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
Joha said:

or am I just rambling...
Yes, but then I got married. Cure for all that.
Ha. funny thing is that I am actually homesick to my wife's home country. so maybe it worked the other way around for me... instead of curing it, it did cause it... hmmm stuff to think about.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Alpo said:
Arachne said:
Does it still whip the llamas' er... butt?

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
Arachne said:
Alpo said:
Arachne said:
People with sense use it, or should. Any other player I've used was, by comparison, a total resource hog.
foobar

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Alpo said:
Arachne said:
Does it still whip the llamas' er... butt?
Nope. :p It doesn't come with useless add-ons, either. The first non-AOL version is due for release later this year. ;)

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Tonight, my first Greek Salutations:

Damn, girl, you wanna be my πρεσβυτέρα? 

Oh, wait, no, no, no.  I'm sorry.  I'm married.

Anyway, besides the lust and the organ music drowing out the choir, not bad.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
When they re-launched the forum in October 2002 I failed to re-register on the first day (10.3.02), and didn't do so until the next day (10.4.02). Because of this delay I lost my chance to make the first page of the 'Members' section as shown according to date joined. I am not an original, first-day member! I am a lowly 10-4er. :( I have long lived with this shame, looking to and fro, wondering who was whispering cruel jokes as I passed, who treated me poorly because they knew I was vulnerable to abuse, who snickered with their friends when I dared to post--and indeed, I wondered, and still do, who it is that will some day ban me from the forum (admittedly a fitting end to a lazy new-comer like myself.) I should just crawl back in my hole!

Um

Hmm

Anyway

Here, this will brighten your day. Afterwards download it and put it on repeat.

Ok. :)

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Happy St. David's Day to all the Welsh folk out there, and to those who love them! Also, happy name day to all the Davids out there.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Just found an adapter to my old mobile phone. Actually the first phone I've ever had. Got it when I was 16 years old when my parents got tired of me texting with their phones. And it still works. Feeling fairly nostalgic.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
When they re-launched the forum in October 2002 I failed to re-register on the first day (10.3.02), and didn't do so until the next day (10.4.02). Because of this delay I lost my chance to make the first page of the 'Members' section as shown according to date joined. I am not an original, first-day member! I am a lowly 10-4er. :( I have long lived with this shame, looking to and fro, wondering who was whispering cruel jokes as I passed, who treated me poorly because they knew I was vulnerable to abuse, who snickered with their friends when I dared to post--and indeed, I wondered, and still do, who it is that will some day ban me from the forum (admittedly a fitting end to a lazy new-comer like myself.) I should just crawl back in my hole!

Um

Hmm

Anyway

Here, this will brighten your day. Afterwards download it and put it on repeat.

Ok. :)
Sort by number of posts. It will make your day happy.  :p

Also, after the 8th time listening to that song, my day was no longer brightened, although I was still mesmerized by that girls exceptionally blue eyes.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:

Also, after the 8th time listening to that song, my day was no longer brightened, although I was still mesmerized by that girls exceptionally blue eyes.
I will never catch up to ialmisry :( I don't even hardly ever see him post, yet I am always behind...

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
TheTrisagion said:

I will never catch up to ialmisry :( I don't even hardly ever see him post, yet I am always behind...
Go to politics. All you wonderings will be answered there. 

Note: you will also lose your soul upon entry, so there is a tradeoff.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
The elections are coming up. I hope I come across some campaigning Social Democrats; they always give out free roses. Roses make good boutonnières, or, failing that, charming presents.

Peacemaker

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
I had this thought the other day.

Treat every sin as a loaded gun. If you willingly commit that sin, the gun will shoot you in the head because sin is death. Don't take advantage of God's grace saying to yourself, "It's okay if I do such-and-such because God will forgive me." I would never take a loaded gun and shoot myself thinking, "It's okay, the doctor will heal me."

Jonathan Gress

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Peacemaker said:
I had this thought the other day.

Treat every sin as a loaded gun. If you willingly commit that sin, the gun will shoot you in the head because sin is death. Don't take advantage of God's grace saying to yourself, "It's okay if I do such-and-such because God will forgive me." I would never take a loaded gun and shoot myself thinking, "It's okay, the doctor will heal me."
That's a great way of putting it. It does seem that the medical analogies for sin and redemption work much better than the juridical ones.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
I coulda swore we had a thread here on internet connections/speeds... but searches using both the [for me, now] broken forum search and a Google search didn't help me find it. Maybe it got hid when Shiny got banned--either moved to purgatory, or simply not findable through searches (I think I had a similar problem before when searching for a TomS thread... it simply wouldn't come up and I eventually had to use a more manual/hands-on searching method to find it).

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
The elections are coming up. I hope I come across some campaigning Social Democrats; they always give out free roses. Roses make good boutonnières, or, failing that, charming presents.
Christian Democrats > Social Democrats