Random Postings

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Wait. You've been able to look around the inside of buildings using Google maps for over 3 years now? Why did I not know about this until tonight?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
There is apparently a guy named 'Bradford Shellhammer.'  ??? I bet he was the toughest guy walking around those mean streets and tough neighborhoods of Greenwich CT.

Peacemaker

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
I had a thought today. I don't understand the idea of once saved always saved. That for me would be like being married to someone and you stopped talking to them, being around them, put forth and effort in the relationship.

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
Peacemaker said:
I had a thought today. I don't understand the idea of once saved always saved. That for me would be like being married to someone and you stopped talking to them, being around them, put forth and effort in the relationship.
No don't you get it? It's like being married, that one time in Reno, but you've never seen her again or had to do anything afterward and can just hang out with your boys.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Peacemaker said:
Some OSASers might say that if fruits and a continued relationship didn't follow the salvation moment/event, then that means their was never a true redemptive salvationy thingy to begin with. I think that's incredibly flawed, but it does at least try to answer or resolve several potential problems (though it creates more...)

primuspilus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
A displaced Southerner in the Godless North
Website
www.saintgregorythetheologian.org
Some OSASers might say that if fruits and a continued relationship didn't follow the salvation moment/event, then that means their was never a true redemptive salvationy thingy to begin with
Something that someone said to me when I debated someone about this. My response, "So, you could turn away at a later date...so you could not be saved right now and not even know it, correct?"

PP

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
primuspilus said:
Some OSASers might say that if fruits and a continued relationship didn't follow the salvation moment/event, then that means their was never a true redemptive salvationy thingy to begin with
Something that someone said to me when I debated someone about this. My response, "So, you could turn away at a later date...so you could not be saved right now and not even know it, correct?"

PP
No, no, no. You don't understand. They KNOW that they have Jesus in their heart. They said a PRAYER!  ;)

primuspilus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
A displaced Southerner in the Godless North
Website
www.saintgregorythetheologian.org
TheTrisagion said:
primuspilus said:

PP
No, no, no. You don't understand. They KNOW that they have Jesus in their heart. They said a PRAYER!  ;)

Peacemaker

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score

Lent always makes me see my sinfulness amplified and it makes me sick. Lord have mercy.

Arachne

Toumarches
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Happy birthday, hecma! You don't look a day over 110! :D

Peacemaker

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
Arachne said:
Olive oil is my secret.  But you knew that...you're Greek!
That month I spent visiting St Anthony's Monastery in AR, what a blessing. They had 100% unrefined olive oil that they pressed themselves. It was soooooo good, you put it on everything, salad, bread, soup. I would of even put it in my coffee if I was their long enough lol.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Not too much longer until I fly out for an OC.netter's chrismation. So excited. Who is it? Not telling.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
kelly said:
Not too much longer until I fly out for an OC.netter's chrismation. So excited. Who is it? Not telling.
I know, I know! Pick me, pick me!

Have fun and safe travels.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:

I haven't flown since 2005. In the interim, I've become addicted to "Aircrash Investigation" on Youtube.  :'(

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
kelly said:
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:

I haven't flown since 2005. In the interim, I've become addicted to "Aircrash Investigation" on Youtube.  :'(
Attending my Chrismation will make it worth the trouble.  :)

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
kelly said:
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:

You'll be ok. Unless, of course, Harrison Ford is your pilot. Then I recommend taking a parachute with you.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
kelly said:
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:

See? I KNEW you would embrace Chalcedon one day!

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
kelly said:
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:

Don't start that rumor.

Maria

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
Peacemaker said:
hecma925 said:
Arachne said:
Olive oil is my secret.  But you knew that...you're Greek!
That month I spent visiting St Anthony's Monastery in AR, what a blessing. They had 100% unrefined olive oil that they pressed themselves. It was soooooo good, you put it on everything, salad, bread, soup. I would of even put it in my coffee if I was their long enough lol.
Do they sell that olive oil? If so, I am going to order some soon.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
kelly said:
Mor Ephrem said:
kelly said:
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:

Don't start that rumor.
You can be his godmother!

Its like a fairtale ending after all.

Maria

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
Mor Ephrem said:
kelly said:
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:

Are you being Chrismated?

Maria

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:
Mor Ephrem said:
kelly said:
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:

Don't start that rumor.

That will guarantee that he cannot marry her.

Maria

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:

You'll be ok. Unless, of course, Harrison Ford is your pilot. Then I recommend taking a parachute with you.
Harrison Ford is one of the best pilots.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Do you think it counts in my favor if I die in attempting to be there for someone's chrismation? That has to count for something. Kind of like the old Catholic folklore about dying on Good Friday resulting in the soul going straight to heaven.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Maria said:
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:
Mor Ephrem said:
kelly said:
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:

Don't start that rumor.

Maybe that's not a bad idea then.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Maria said:
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:

Harrison Ford is one of the best pilots.
Maybe, but I'm not gonna fly with him...

Maria

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
kelly said:
Maria said:
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:
Mor Ephrem said:
kelly said:
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:

Don't start that rumor.

St. Vladimir was tricked by this. He had his eyes on an awesome and powerful Greek lady of royal blood, and she willingly volunteered to be his godmother at his baptism. Then after the baptism, the distraught Vladimir was told that he could not have her in marriage.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
kelly said:
Maria said:
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:
Mor Ephrem said:
kelly said:
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:

Don't start that rumor.

But who would we gossip about then? You two are the juiciest thing going on!

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
I'm bored. Booooooored. I'm having a minor flu so I have stay indoors for few days. I went to work today mostly because I was too bored to stay home and too lazy to get a new sick leave. Hopefully my flu won'I'vet get any worse because of that. I've done some reading but it gets boring after a while. Of course reading a dissertation instead of some some novel might have something to do with the boredness but then again i'm a nerd so I read only boring books these days. And my laptop is broken and my tablet's battery runs down fairly quickly. First world problems are killing me.

Joha

High Elder
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
kelly said:
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:

Kelly in the Tardis... that's a whole different perspective...

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
kelly said:
Do you think it counts in my favor if I die in attempting to be there for someone's chrismation? That has to count for something. Kind of like the old Catholic folklore about dying on Good Friday resulting in the soul going straight to heaven.
It doesn't help if one is a liquored up Irishman like myself.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
kelly said:
I thought you were Puerto Rican.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
hecma925 said:
kelly said:
I thought you were Puerto Rican.
Now you both know full well that all men are dogs, so stop pretending!

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Maria said:
Mor Ephrem said:
kelly said:
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:

Are you being Chrismated?
That happened a long time ago. 

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
I just wanted to speak up and say this board comprises some of the smartest people I've ever met. It's astounding and means a lot to someone who tends to be intellectually lonely. I wish you all to be happy.