Random Postings

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
it would be kinda cool to have a thread of recordings to hear other peoples voices.  I imagine that Gebre sounds like Bob Marley. It makes reading his posts sound awesome. I think Kissel probably sounds like Hulk Hogan. As for kelly? I'm  pretty sure she is just a squeaky mouse IRL.
Generally I have a very quiet, monotone speaking voice/level/tone. It's sometimes embarrassing, and I can speak well when I want to make the effort... I just normally don't bother.

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
Ansgar said:
augustin717 said:
Cut the grass on a small plot this morning using a scythe a thing I kinda like doing every now and then.
Isn't that difficult?
It is, and damaging to hands as well. But gives satisfation when you finally learn how to do it.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
A grumpy Finn calling here. I spent overnight stayed in a hostel in another city. The kitchen was right next to my room so I woke up for a friendly chitchat in the morning. Assumingly foreigners as Finns don't talk to each other except in sauna or while drunk. First they take our women, then they take our jobs and they disrupt my morning with their weirdo customs. Bloody foreigners.

Kirkburn

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Muted
BANNED
Reaction score
My first post here...hello everyone. I actually registered four weeks ago but alwasn't activated until yesterday.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Alpo said:
A grumpy Finn calling here. I spent overnight stayed in a hostel in another city. The kitchen was right next to my room so I woke up for a friendly chitchat in the morning. Assumingly foreigners as Finns don't talk to each other except in sauna or while drunk. First they take our women, then they take our jobs and they disrupt my morning with their weirdo customs. Bloody foreigners.
Since you're grumpy, I'll hold my tongue.  :p

I hope things improve for you. 

Joha

High Elder
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
Olivia said:
My first post here...hello everyone. I actually registered four weeks ago but alwasn't activated until yesterday.
CIA, huh?  Should we be afraid?
now that it is visible a lot less I would think ;)

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
Alpo said:

Nah, I'm not grumpy anymore. Go ahead and shoot.

Joha

High Elder
Reaction score
Alpo said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Alpo said:

#shoots

Kirkburn

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Muted
BANNED
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
Welcome to the forum, Olivia :)
Thank you! I'll probably mostly lurk for awhile, until I get more comfortable.

Joha

High Elder
Reaction score
Olivia said:
Justin Kissel said:
Welcome to the forum, Olivia :)
Thank you! I'll probably mostly lurk for awhile, until I get more comfortable.
Don't let us scare you away. We might be an odd bunch of people but most of us mean well :) anyway welcome to the forum

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Alpo said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Alpo said:

Don't hate the foreigners for taking your women.  Hate yourselves for not being able to keep them.  :p

Joha

High Elder
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
Alpo said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Alpo said:

Don't hate the foreigners for taking your women.  Hate yourselves for not being able to keep them.  :p
...says the foreigner.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Lol I wasn't actually serious. I was somewhat annoyed to be awaken too early but not at the customer but to the hostel. Just decided to channel my inner Walt Kowalski for a time.

Kirkburn

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Muted
BANNED
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
Olivia said:
Only if you misbehave. Then I'll sic my agents on you. (aka report you to the mods)

:)

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Olivia said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Olivia said:
Only if you misbehave. Then I'll sic my agents on you. (aka report you to the mods)

Yeah, that's never been done before...  :p

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Joha said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Alpo said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Alpo said:

...says the foreigner.
And yet, no woman.  I must be a Finn.  :)

Joha

High Elder
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
Joha said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Alpo said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Alpo said:

...says the foreigner.
And yet, no woman.  I must be a Finn.  :)
Poor Rachel, or lucky. I am not quite sure yet... Without that Finnish influence that seems to be present even this forum might have been different.

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Good heavens I just saw that disgusting Bruce Jenner magazine cover.

This is the end of civilization.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
nothing said:

His two tweets garnered him over 1 million followers in record time. Its good to know that people care about the important things going on in the world...

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
nothing said:

He looks better in female garb than I do. Sigh.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:
nothing said:

He looks better in female garb than I do. Sigh.
In the words of kelly: Stahp.
LOL, I love that I have gotten so many friends to start using "stahp"

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
nothing said:

You mean the regular covers aren't disgusting? What's wrong with you?

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Alpo said:
nothing said:

You mean the regular covers aren't disgusting? What's wrong with you?
He prefers Ariana Grande.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
I find just about every photo taken by Annie Leibovitz to be tacky, tastless and disgusting. I have no idea why she is considered a great photographer.

Jonathan Gress

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Olivia said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Olivia said:

But seriously, why the CIA logo for your avatar?

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
I find just about every photo taken by Annie Leibovitz to be tacky, tastless and disgusting. I have no idea why she is considered a great photographer.
I couldn't tell if it was a real photograph or purely a digital painting. Usually cover photos are photoshopped so well that you don't get an uncanny feeling, this one however...

Kirkburn

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Muted
BANNED
Reaction score
Jonathan Gress said:
Olivia said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Olivia said:

But seriously, why the CIA logo for your avatar?
Because it reminds me of my oldest brother, who lives in Alaska with his family. For awhile he worked for the CIA while in the Air Force.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
The best part of Pentecost this year was the reading from the Synaxarion:

Holy Martyr Philosophus suffered for Christ in Alexandria during the persecution by the emperor Decius (249-251). They urged the youth to deny Christ, but he remained steadfast.

After suffering various tortures, he was placed on a soft bed, bound hand and foot, and a harlot was put in the room with him to tempt him to sin. In order not to yield to sin, the saint bit off his tongue and spit it in the harlot’s face. She was so horrified that she fled from him. The executioners, seeing the martyr’s bravery and fearlessness, beheaded the saint with a sword
http://oca.org/saints/lives/2015/05/31/101569-martyr-philosophus-at-alexandria