Random Postings

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I don't know. Soloviev's theological views are very liberal for my taste. He even criticized the Orthodox Church for turning the Filioque into such a big deal when we were perfectly aware of it for years and did nothing about it! Rome is the one that actually got upset at us for now using it and tried to force it on us! We never adopted it but we tolerated Rome's use of it. Why turn us into the bad guys? That guys a whackjob theologian/historian. But such an amazing philosopher....

dcommini

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
lifeofanorthodoxsoldier.blogspot.com
Since this is the random postings thread I figured I would show you guys what I did with my free time yesterday...

I made an AFR app for my desktop (which is really an HTML file with an icon). It loads directly to AFR music.
Secondly, I made an AFR launcher for my dock, which was harder and easier than it should have been. I first tried using the same HTML file, but it did not want to work - I'm guessing because it didn't know how to open the file. Then I tried using java code to launch the browser and go to the website - it only worked via the terminal and command prompt. So then I tried python code, which worked great and I knew the applets for my dock were written in python - but it wouldn't let me install the new code as an applet, so I just tried my luck in making it a launcher instead and it worked... I should have started with python first...

Attachments

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I like the juxtaposition of Ancient Faith Radio and Menologion 3.0 with Torrenting.com_Mardi.Gras.Spring.Break.DVD...

Hmm... I wonder what that is...  ;D

But otherwise, good job!  8)

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
I like the juxtaposition of Ancient Faith Radio and Menologion 3.0 with Torrenting.com_Mardi.Gras.Spring.Break.DVD...

Hmm... I wonder what that is...  ;D
BUSTED

dcommini

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
lifeofanorthodoxsoldier.blogspot.com
Asteriktos said:

Hmm... I wonder what that is...  ;D

But otherwise, good job!  8)
It's actually a very stupid movie that I deleted (you'll watch just about anything off your buddies hard-drive when you run out of your own movies), but I put other things in that folder and never changed the name (like where I put different things that I download or save to my desktop and I can't think of a good folder to put them in... so off they go to Torrenting.com_Mardi.Gras.Spring.Break.DVD).

Edit:: I just took a look to see what I didn't need any more... that's where I stuck Formula 51... I've been looking for that movie for months!

Edit2:: I think I'm going to start working on one for Google Voice and Google Talk...

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Life was not a valuable gift, but death was. Life was a fever-dream made up of joys embittered by sorrows, pleasure poisoned by pain; a dream that was a nightmare-confusion of spasmodic and fleeting delights, ecstasies, exultations, happinesses, interspersed with long-drawn miseries, griefs, perils, horrors, disappointments, defeats,humiliations, and despairs--the heaviest curse devisable by divine ingenuity; but death was sweet, death was gentle, death was kind; death healed the bruised spirit and the broken heart, and gave them rest and forgetfulness; death was man's best friend; when man could endure life no longer, death came and set him free.
- Mark Twain Letters from the Earth

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just want to thank the adminstrative and moderation staff for not having this place in any way shape or form like christianforums.com

I just went back for the first time in years and was pretty close to vomitting.

Azurestone

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Website
deum-quaerens.blogspot.com
Tried to watch a Nat Geo show on the Gospel of Judas... I couldn't stomach it.

Bart Ehrman was tag teaming other tard-herders about some conspiracy for power by the part of the Fathers and Bishops to squish Gnotsticsm. Complete with some hippie talking about Gnostic superior spirituality, and Bart Ehrman mocking Irenaeus.

ironchapman

High Elder
Reaction score
Aindriú said:

Bart Ehrman was tag teaming other tard-herders about some conspiracy for power by the part of the Fathers and Bishops to squish Gnotsticsm. Complete with some hippie talking about Gnostic superior spirituality, and Bart Ehrman mocking Irenaeus.
Bart Ehrman is enough reason not to watch it.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Aindriú said:

Tard-herders.  Good one.  Very descriptive of the sort.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Aindriú said:

It just amazes me that stuff like this can be broadcasted for such dishonesty.

I don't have alot of faith in the viewers who watch these programs and think what they see is true.

Reaction score
Aindriú said:

Such madness in this world.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Guys I feel really weird in regards to time and everything. Earlier today at around 6:00pm I had probably one of the worst migraines I've had in my life, so I lied down in bed and fell asleep for three hours until 9:00pm when my parents woke me up for dinner. Being the kind woman that she is, she even served me a plate and gave it to me in bed. Well, after eating I fell asleep again and I barely woke up at 1:15AM in the morning. Everyone else in the family is sleeping but I feel fully awake and better like I had already gotten a full nights sleep. What should I do? My schedule seems all off.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:
Guys I feel really weird in regards to time and everything. Earlier today at around 6:00pm I had probably one of the worst migraines I've had in my life, so I lied down in bed and fell asleep for three hours until 9:00pm when my parents woke me up for dinner. Being the kind woman that she is, she even served me a plate and gave it to me in bed. Well, after eating I fell asleep again and I barely woke up at 1:15AM in the morning. Everyone else in the family is sleeping but I feel fully awake and better like I had already gotten a full nights sleep. What should I do? My schedule seems all off.
I hope you feel better.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Went to the doctor today. I lost ten pounds  ;D