Random Postings

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Jason.Wike said:
ZealousZeal said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qga5eONXU_4

Yeah! Just waiting for my final grades.

Filling out an application for the school I'm hoping to transfer to this fall, and a conundrum presents itself: It's a private school (Seventh Day Adventist affiliated, I believe), so it's asking me my religion. What to put? The ever-generic "Christian"?  :D
If you think putting Orthodox will hinder your acceptance, do you really want to go to such a school?
I certainly wouldn't expect it to hinder my acceptance at all. That's not what I meant. I should have been more clear, my bad.

I was baptized in the RCC as an infant to appease my dad's family. Do I put Catholic since it is technically the Church of my baptism?
I was raised Protestant, and indeed spent 23 years of my life a passionate Protestant even though I've decidedly left. Do I put Non-denominational?
At this point in my faith journey, I'm leaning pretty heavily towards Orthodoxy, but I am not yet Orthodox. Do I pre-emptively put Orthodox?

That's my conundrum.  ;) And why I'll probably just put "Christian". Simpler.

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
vamrat said:
Hiwot said:
Message to self: Self thou shall not drink coffee after 10 pm!
Yeah, usually not a good idea.  And the crap of the matter is, if you were trying to stay awake you'd probably still feel tired!
you know it! :laugh:

it did not help that the coffee was not you average coffee shop coffee either. that one was designed to lobotomise your sleep center.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
Jason.Wike said:
ZealousZeal said:

Filling out an application for the school I'm hoping to transfer to this fall, and a conundrum presents itself: It's a private school (Seventh Day Adventist affiliated, I believe), so it's asking me my religion. What to put? The ever-generic "Christian"?  :D
If you think putting Orthodox will hinder your acceptance, do you really want to go to such a school?
I certainly wouldn't expect it to hinder my acceptance at all. That's not what I meant. I should have been more clear, my bad.

I was baptized in the RCC as an infant to appease my dad's family. Do I put Catholic since it is technically the Church of my baptism?
I was raised Protestant, and indeed spent 23 years of my life a passionate Protestant even though I've decidedly left. Do I put Non-denominational?
At this point in my faith journey, I'm leaning pretty heavily towards Orthodoxy, but I am not yet Orthodox. Do I pre-emptively put Orthodox?

I think the two best options would be:

Follower of the Great and Sacred Llama-ZZ-Alpaca
or
In Flux

But that's just me  ;D

genesisone

Archon
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:

Or you could put "orthodox Christian" and capitalize it later  ;).

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
ZealousZeal said:
Jason.Wike said:
ZealousZeal said:

or
In Flux

But that's just me  ;D
Well, I was hoping that they would have "Follower of the Great Platypus" as an option, but I guess we're just not mainstream.  ;)

Aindriú said:
ZZ's toxic llama!

That looks like Flubber more than a llama, haha.

Marc1152

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:

Filling out an application for the school I'm hoping to transfer to this fall, and a conundrum presents itself: It's a private school (Seventh Day Adventist affiliated, I believe), so it's asking me my religion. What to put? The ever-generic "Christian"?  :D
Put down Seventh Day Adventist..Duh

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
Asteriktos said:
ZealousZeal said:
Jason.Wike said:
ZealousZeal said:

or
In Flux

But that's just me  ;D
Well, I was hoping that they would have "Follower of the Great Platypus" as an option, but I guess we're just not mainstream.  ;)
[wild eyed gaze] Our time will come.  Believe me, sister, our time will come.  [/wild eyed gaze]

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Marc1152 said:
ZealousZeal said:

Filling out an application for the school I'm hoping to transfer to this fall, and a conundrum presents itself: It's a private school (Seventh Day Adventist affiliated, I believe), so it's asking me my religion. What to put? The ever-generic "Christian"?  :D
Put down Seventh Day Adventist..Duh
LOL. So obvious! Rats.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
vamrat said:
ZealousZeal said:
Asteriktos said:
ZealousZeal said:
Jason.Wike said:
ZealousZeal said:

or
In Flux

But that's just me  ;D
[wild eyed gaze] Our time will come.  Believe me, sister, our time will come.  [/wild eyed gaze]
Maybe we should start small... Make T-shirts and go with a distinctive hairstyle. Get this movement some momentum!

ironchapman

High Elder
Reaction score
Not sure what the nectar and ambrosia of Greek myth would have tasted like, but I'm pretty sure it's close to Coca Cola with real sugar cane in a glass bottle.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
vamrat said:
ZealousZeal said:
Asteriktos said:
ZealousZeal said:
Jason.Wike said:
ZealousZeal said:

or
In Flux

But that's just me  ;D
Maybe we should start small... Make T-shirts and go with a distinctive hairstyle. Get this movement some momentum!

I think we're set.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Tells you where my mind was tonight. I walk through the local store to buy a beer and see a display of pump rockets. At first I thought the display said rump rockets. ::) :D

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
Tells you where my mind was tonight. I walk through the local store to buy a beer and see a display of pump rockets. At first I thought the display said rump rockets. ::) :D
Er... I'm not sure what pump rockets are, but those don't sound much better  ;D

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Er... I'm not sure what pump rockets are, but those don't sound much better  ;D

Well, the Swedes certainly must be "lacking" in a particular area that the rest of Scandinavia isn't.  8)

That person

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
So I got accepted into a writing workshop in Antioch that's apparently pretty exclusive. That's good. The bad part is I need a 20 page writing sample for everyone else to critique, and I don't have anything in the present that's that long or suitable for expansion to that length. So now I'm caffeinating the hell out of myself and blasting Led Zeppelin, hoping to awake some latent writing genius. The technique has worked for me in the past, but we're gonna run out of coffee eventually, and people will be curious about who's drinking it at 1:00 AM. Coffee also makes it hard to focus on the creative activity it's supposed to stimulate. So yeah, I really hope I can pull this off.

ironchapman

High Elder
Reaction score
That person said:
So I got accepted into a writing workshop in Antioch that's apparently pretty exclusive. That's good. The bad part is I need a 20 page writing sample for everyone else to critique, and I don't have anything in the present that's that long or suitable for expansion to that length. So now I'm caffeinating the hell out of myself and blasting Led Zeppelin, hoping to awake some latent writing genius. The technique has worked for me in the past, but we're gonna run out of coffee eventually, and people will be curious about who's drinking it at 1:00 AM. Coffee also makes it hard to focus on the creative activity it's supposed to stimulate. So yeah, I really hope I can pull this off.
Antioch? Where?