Random Postings

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Right now there about threads of interest I wish I could post in an expansive manner in but time is just now there.

Oh well.

Back to the one liners.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
This probably as good a place to put it.

When you get a directive from a mod within a thread, do you necessarily get a PM about responding?

I often give folks I see with such stuff a heads up if I know they might not see it within the thread.

Just wondering.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I don't recall ever being PMd when, for example, I was asked to provide a source that I had left out of a post. I have been PMd, I think, each time I was formally moderated in some way (ie. to tell me that it had already been decided that I would be warned/moderated). I've also once or twice been PMd by mods in a sort of semi-semi-official way to ask me why I was being such a jerk and to warn me that I was going to be moderated if I kept it up.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
I have been warned once and a PM was sent explaining it.  I was sent a PM another time and was asked to explain my usage of a term.  I did but expected to receive a green meat ball as my explanation was honest and my usage was probably less than acceptable.  I did not get the green meat ball.  Another time I had a word changed but no further action taken and a PM was sent explaining it. 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
primuspilus said:
I just get the warning slapped on. I dont get requests for anything :(

PP
To be more clear perhaps, I referring to when there is a request within a thread to respond within a time frame and a lack of response triggering discipline.

I am not complaining, just wondering.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
When did our society decide that good-for-about-two-weeks-memes should replace good-for-generations-or-centuries-idioms?  Google must have an exact answer somewhere deep in it's innards. I wonder if it isn't an infallible sign that the end is near. I mad. I'm coming at you bro. I ain't even mirin. Weight woot?

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Went outside this morning to enjoy the day's first cigarette and got scared by a strange cat walking atop my fence. Do you think it was a sign from the Great Platypus? I don't want to be a victim of prelest, but it's really feeling like a sign.

genesisone

Archon
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
Went outside this morning to enjoy the day's first cigarette and got scared by a strange cat walking atop my fence. Do you think it was a sign from the Great Platypus? I don't want to be a victim of prelest, but it's really feeling like a sign.
Yes, it's a sign - that you shouldn't be enjoying the day's first cigarette - or the second - or the third - or....  :angel:

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
The Great Platypus rarely if ever uses cats for signs.  The only non-marsupials he uses are salamanders, and they are for delivering messages, due to their greater speech faculties.  I fear this cat may be an avatar of the moon crab. 

Ominous indeed.

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
It was a sign to switch to American Spirits, the Eco-Friendly Cigarette.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
JamesRottnek said:
ZealousZeal said:
Forget the ecology.

They are not treated with accelerants and thus don't go up in smoke while you ain't smoking them.

If you are south enough to get Kentucky's Best (to ZZ, who I believe is in Ohio) they are similar and cheaper, if of lower grade and less tobacco.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
JamesRottnek said:
ZealousZeal said:
Forget the ecology.

They are not treated with accelerants and thus don't go up in smoke while you ain't smoking them.

If you are south enough to get Kentucky's Best (to ZZ, who I believe is in Ohio) they are similar and cheaper, if of lower grade and less tobacco.
I'm near Dayton, so pretty south. I've never heard of Kentucky's Best, but that doesn't mean anything other than I've always just mindlessly bought Marlboro Menthols. They're a lot cheaper here than in NY, that's for sure. Does Kentucky's Best have menthol?

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
vamrat said:
ZealousZeal said:
The Great Platypus rarely if ever uses cats for signs.  The only non-marsupials he uses are salamanders, and they are for delivering messages, due to their greater speech faculties.  I fear this cat may be an avatar of the moon crab. 

Ominous indeed.
The plot thickens!

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
JamesRottnek said:
ZealousZeal said:
Forget the ecology.

I was debating whether or not to use "Eco-Friendly" or "Natural."  It was a close call.

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
orthonorm said:
JamesRottnek said:
ZealousZeal said:
Forget the ecology.

I'm near Dayton, so pretty south. I've never heard of Kentucky's Best, but that doesn't mean anything other than I've always just mindlessly bought Marlboro Menthols. They're a lot cheaper here than in NY, that's for sure. Does Kentucky's Best have menthol?
American Spirits have menthol; just buy the dark green pack if you want full bodied menthol, and the other green pack if you want mellow menthol (mellow being the Sante Fe Natural Tobacco Company's term for lites).

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I have successfully worked out a schedule of classes for next semester that allows me to have a four-day weekend every week, Wednesdays off, and no class before noon.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
JamesRottnek said:
I have successfully worked out a schedule of classes for next semester that allows me to have a four-day weekend every week, Wednesdays off, and no class before noon.
Well done, good sir (and I know where you're coming from, and mean it!)

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
JamesRottnek said:
Well done, good sir (and I know where you're coming from, and mean it!)
This is one of the few, exceptionally important, benefits of attending a massive university: Classes are available at virtually all times of day.  Aside from my Tuesday's-at-noon class, all classes are in the later half of the afternoon and evening; my favorite time of day.