Random Postings

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I'm going to buy my Art History professor a bag of fancy coffee on the last day of class and give her a big hug

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Nothing gets the ladies going like a big bag of free World Market coffee.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
PeterTheAleut said:
Mor Ephrem said:
JamesR said:
I'm going to buy my Art History professor a bag of fancy coffee on the last day of class and give her a big hug
You're planning to be the plaintiff in a sexual assault charge, right?
More like the defendant.
Nah, I think JamesR is setting up a situation in which he can claim he was assaulted by a woman who wanted to entrap him with babies in order to make a more general point about female aggression, both macro and micro. 

Severian

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.lsocs.co.uk
JamesR said:
I honestly think that would be inappropriate, with all due respect.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Severian said:
JamesR said:
I agree. A quick slap on the rear and a wink is all that is needed in this situation.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
TheTrisagion said:
Severian said:
JamesR said:
I agree. A quick slap on the rear and a wink is all that is needed in this situation.
So that's what you had in mind that one evening...

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
TheTrisagion said:
Severian said:
JamesR said:
So that's what you had in mind that one evening...
Yeah, sorry about that, I thought you knew. Lets not speak of it in public.  :p

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Severian said:
JamesR said:
Well she is my very first professor, and for that matter, my favorite one and the first one to make a lasting impact on me. That and she's just so cute.

NicholasMyra

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
hyperdoxherman.tumblr.com
JamesR said:
Well she is my very first professor, and for that matter, my favorite one and the first one to make a lasting impact on me. That and she's just so cute.
I think the professor/student relationship shouldn't become a weird intimate friendship/confessor thing anyway (although I am a bit of a hypocrite).

James, you should offer to shake her hand. If she wants to hug you, she will. But she's a professor and you shake a professor's hand.

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
NicholasMyra said:
"Girl, you're cute enough to be the base for my RealDoll."
I'd be sad if he could only afford the torso.

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
I wonder how many fake female Ashley Madison profiles were created by OC.Net forum members.  I read that Ashley Madison's management had a tough time finding people to generate fake female profiles.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
NicholasMyra said:
JamesR said:
I think the professor/student relationship shouldn't become a weird intimate friendship/confessor thing anyway (although I am a bit of a hypocrite).

James, you should offer to shake her hand. If she wants to hug you, she will. But she's a professor and you shake a professor's hand.
Perhaps you're right, though I still may buy her coffee just because that's how I roll. I've had a lifelong tendency to become very close to my instructors for some reason, for better or for worse.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
JamesR said:
NicholasMyra said:
JamesR said:

Perhaps you're right, though I still may buy her coffee just because that's how I roll. I've had a lifelong tendency to become very close to my instructors for some reason, for better or for worse.
In which case, you should probably just leave her alone completely.

NicholasMyra

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
hyperdoxherman.tumblr.com
JamesR said:
NicholasMyra said:
JamesR said:

The main thing I'm getting at is, I guess: Don't be smarmy to any human being. There's nothing worse than looking back and going, "I was smarmy, son."

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Anyone here that is a professional graphic artist or designer? If yes, please send me a PM, I have some questions regarding equipment.

To those that are amatuers and have been doing it for the past 30 years or more, please send me a PM.

I know this probably isn't the forum to ask, but I have been surprised in the past...

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
NicholasMyra said:
JamesR said:
NicholasMyra said:
JamesR said:

The main thing I'm getting at is, I guess: Don't be smarmy to any human being. There's nothing worse than looking back and going, "I was smarmy, son."
I don't think he has smarm in mind. 

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Actually let me pt an addendum to my request any professional photographers please PM me. Any amateur photographers that have decades worth of experience with cameras, lenses, computer monitor equipment please PM me.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:
NicholasMyra said:
JamesR said:

Following the Greek way, eh?

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Cyrillic said:
JamesR said:
NicholasMyra said:
JamesR said:

Following the Greek way, eh?
;)

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Moved out of the commune, back to my studio apartment. Feeling a bit weird to live alone again. I need people around me.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Alpo said:
Moved out of the commune, back to my studio apartment. Feeling a bit weird to live alone again. I need people around me.
Have you tried going outside? I hear there are lots of people out there.  ;D

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
DeniseDenise said:
Finns don't like other people. ;)
Pretty much yes. I'm born and bred here and still think that's weird.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Found an excellent double-breasted dinner jacket like this one on a market for a mere €5. What a stroke of good luck. It happened to be my size as well. A better fit by far that the jacket of the guy in the picture.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
DeniseDenise said:
Finns don't like other people. ;)
I must have Finnish blood in me then. Although, I hate cold weather. Do I have to like freezing temps to be a Finn?

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
^Most people here don't like cold weathers either. You could apply for citizenship right away.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Alpo said:
^Most people here don't like cold weathers either. You could apply for citizenship right away.
Do I need to know Finnish?  Or can I pretend? 

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I love that feeling you get before bed after a long day of completing a week's worth of online college work in a single day. Though I am sad that I won't be able to see my art history professor next Monday due to Labour Day (stupid holidays). Earlier in her lecture she placed her hands on my desk and stared into my eyes inches away, to make some point about how impressionists thought that the preceding style of art was dumb or something. Totally made my night  :laugh:

R

Raylight

JamesR said:
I love that feeling you get before bed after a long day of completing a week's worth of online college work in a single day. Though I am sad that I won't be able to see my art history professor next Monday due to Labour Day (stupid holidays). Earlier in her lecture she placed her hands on my desk and stared into my eyes inches away, to make some point about how impressionists thought that the preceding style of art was dumb or something. Totally made my night  :laugh:

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
^Perfect. You just won 10 internet points.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Wait... Trump is also an anti-vaxxer? For serious? He really is the gift that keeps on giving.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
Wait... Trump is also an anti-vaxxer? For serious? He really is the gift that keeps on giving.
I'm waiting for the day when he just says Syke! I was just trollin' ya'll!

Agabus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Justin Kissel said:
I have a theory that at some point Trump was playing a Stephen Colbert-style character of himself, but forgot it was pretend.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Agabus said:
TheTrisagion said:
Justin Kissel said:
I have a theory that at some point Trump was playing a Stephen Colbert-style character of himself, but forgot it was pretend.
LOL! I'm gonna go with that as well.

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
The more I learn about CRT technology the more I am utterly fascinated by their operation. Electron guns essentially carry an unlimited amount of electrons, that's pretty neat. A lot of the physics and chemistry behind it are a way out of my expertise though.