Random Postings

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
This entire board is comprised of hipsters posting.

why you lyin (NSF language)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdtKbq3Omkw

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
JamesR said:
TheTrisagion said:
JamesR said:
nothing said:
emilia clarke as most sexiest woman alive? lmbo
Paris Hilton deserves that title.
don't even joke about such things...

Pretty cute to me. I'm a man of simple tastes--dumb, blonde, cute, and petite.
Petite? She's like 5'10"... I didn't think you'd like a woman that tall.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't date someone shorter than 1.80m. I love my heels.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Arachne said:
I wouldn't date someone shorter than 1.80m. I love my heels.
Blast you and the rest of the world* with your fancy metric system! I have no idea how tall that is.

*Not you, Burma and Liberia.

wgw

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Cast adrift in a lifeboat of the SS Aurora
I myself think that in the near future we should standardize human height at 1.79m for women and 1.86m for men.  The benefits in terms of ergonomics would be immense. 

The standardization could be attained either through generic engineering or novel approaches to orthopedic surgery.

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
wgw said:
I myself think that in the near future we should standardize human height at 1.79m for women and 1.86m for men.  The benefits in terms of ergonomics would be immense. 

The standardization could be attained either through generic engineering or novel approaches to orthopedic surgery.

O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all:

so we should meddle with His works?

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
wgw said:
Well I think if we could pull off standardizing the height of humans, God would want us to be able to benefit from more comfortable furniture, shoes, clothing and workspace design.
Because tailoring the environment to the needs of the human, like we've been doing for millennia, is harder than engineering the human to fit their stuff. ::)

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
My first boyfriend was 5'7ish, and I'm a little over 5'8 - he was incredibly insecure over this and got all mopey if I wore anything other than flats around him. It should've been a sign of future drama with him.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
kelly said:
My first boyfriend was 5'7ish, and I'm a little over 5'8 - he was incredibly insecure over this and got all mopey if I wore anything other than flats around him. It should've been a sign of future drama with him.
You had a boyfriend? Tell us more of this young fellow who must have had the patience of Job.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:
You had a boyfriend? Tell us more of this young fellow who must have had the patience of Job.
I can't formulate a response to this. It genuinely made me LOL.

Also, you're now on IGNORE.

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:

montalo

Archon
Reaction score
JamesR said:
ZealousZeal said:
JamesR said:
-Males from New York. They are homosexual by their very nature--capris, well-shaped eyebrows, "messenger" bags, and just an all around snobby personality. Californians really laugh at them.
James, we can't stay friends if you malign the great state of New York. ;) Ignoring whatever stereotype that is ^, relatedly:

Okay.

Men from New York City. Better?

All the men from San Francisco are gay too.
I'm not sure if I should be offended that you neglected to shade Buffalo, not to mention that bit to the left of the 81. likely a different colour to showcase the best part of the state.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:
Would you like to know where the body is?

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
kelly said:
JamesR said:
TheTrisagion said:
JamesR said:
nothing said:
emilia clarke as most sexiest woman alive? lmbo
Paris Hilton deserves that title.
don't even joke about such things...

Pretty cute to me. I'm a man of simple tastes--dumb, blonde, cute, and petite.
Petite? She's like 5'10"... I didn't think you'd like a woman that tall.
Now for her I'd make an exception. That's the type of woman I'd be proud to bring home to mom. She's just so irresistibly cute, like My Little Pony but blonde and 3D.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:
Now for her I'd make an exception. That's the type of woman I'd be proud to bring home to mom. She's just so irresistibly cute, like My Little Pony but blonde and 3D.
The Millennials are a lost cause. Abandon ship!

Minnesotan

Archon
Reaction score
So apparently, Mars was home to an advanced civilization, and they were Buddhists.  ::)

wgw

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Cast adrift in a lifeboat of the SS Aurora
Arachne said:
wgw said:
Well I think if we could pull off standardizing the height of humans, God would want us to be able to benefit from more comfortable furniture, shoes, clothing and workspace design.
Because tailoring the environment to the needs of the human, like we've been doing for millennia, is harder than engineering the human to fit their stuff. ::)
When it comes to eningeering, your approach smacks of MONERGISM!!!  I prefer the idea of human nature being altered to function in synergy with inanimate objects as a sort of iconographic representation of Orthodox soteriology in the field of ergonomics.  :laugh:

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Cyrillic said:
vamrat said:
Will be useful once every native girl is a single mother with short hair.
Has the contagion spread across the Atlantic? All women over 30 have short hair here; preferably badly dyed as well.
We are left with androgyny and lumbersexuals. Pick your poison and cuddle up, big boy.
¿Que es esto?

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
JamesRottnek said:
TheTrisagion said:
Cyrillic said:
vamrat said:
Will be useful once every native girl is a single mother with short hair.
Has the contagion spread across the Atlantic? All women over 30 have short hair here; preferably badly dyed as well.
We are left with androgyny and lumbersexuals. Pick your poison and cuddle up, big boy.
¿Que es esto?

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Sideburns should make a comeback.
Yes.  For a long time, I looked like this.

Then I grew a beard.  I dislike shaving my face and do not look forward to doing it again.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
JamesR said:
ZealousZeal said:
JamesR said:
-Males from New York. They are homosexual by their very nature--capris, well-shaped eyebrows, "messenger" bags, and just an all around snobby personality. Californians really laugh at them.
James, we can't stay friends if you malign the great state of New York. ;) Ignoring whatever stereotype that is ^, relatedly:

Okay.

Men from New York City. Better?

All the men from San Francisco are gay too.
You've never visited NYC, have you? 

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:
You can get away with ^that.

R

Raylight

I hate it when one of those young guys and girls at the customer services act like they're all that, as if they're entitled to something. What I do when I encounter such people, I ask them directly; Where can I send a complain about the bad customer services in this place?. The look on some of them is hilarious. If you don't like you job, you can quit and live someone who needs it to get it.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I did it. I actually did it.

Today after class I officially asked a girl for her phone number and a date. She turned me down on the grounds that she is not single, so that was a bummer. But surprisingly I am exceedingly glad that for once I actually mustered up my self esteem, broke out of my shyness, and approached a female. I finally did it after almost 20 years. I know it seems like nothing, but for me it is a major landmark in my life to finally do this. The awkwardness is no longer there as I KNOW I can approach females now.

I actually smiled today :D

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Awesome  8)

Were you guys talking before or was this a cold approach?

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:

Today after class I officially asked a girl for her phone number and a date. She turned me down on the grounds that she is not single, so that was a bummer. But surprisingly I am exceedingly glad that for once I actually mustered up my self esteem, broke out of my shyness, and approached a female. I finally did it after almost 20 years. I know it seems like nothing, but for me it is a major landmark in my life to finally do this. The awkwardness is no longer there as I KNOW I can approach females now.

*fistbump*

Good job, James!  :)

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:

It's something.

Kirkburn

Elder
Post Moderated
Reaction score
I was organizing some photos on my iPod and I accidentally deleted quite a few that were especially meaningful to me. I'm still pissed off at myself for that.

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Baby steps, Cryllic.

JamesR will be married before he graduates ;)

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Olivia said:
I was organizing some photos on my iPod and I accidentally deleted quite a few that were especially meaningful to me. I'm still pissed off at myself for that.
Didn't sync any of your photos with the cloud?

Fabio Leite

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Website
vidaortodoxa.blogspot.com.br
JamesR said:

Congrats!

Kirkburn

Elder
Post Moderated
Reaction score
nothing said:
Olivia said:
No, I actually forgot about that. I probably should set up my cloud to begin with.

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Olivia said:
nothing said:
Olivia said:
No, I actually forgot about that. I probably should set up my cloud to begin with.
Yeah I hear you, I had quite a few meaningful photos I lost as well....but after some time past I totally forgot what those were now...

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
JamesR said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are about 20 years old.  So when you are saying "after almost 20 years", this is really your first time ever you asked someone out?

Kudos for you by the way.