Random Postings

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
minasoliman said:
JamesR said:
I did it. I actually did it.

Today after class I officially asked a girl for her phone number and a date. She turned me down on the grounds that she is not single, so that was a bummer. But surprisingly I am exceedingly glad that for once I actually mustered up my self esteem, broke out of my shyness, and approached a female. I finally did it after almost 20 years. I know it seems like nothing, but for me it is a major landmark in my life to finally do this. The awkwardness is no longer there as I KNOW I can approach females now.

I actually smiled today :D
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are about 20 years old.  So when you are saying "after almost 20 years", this is really your first time ever you asked someone out?

Kudos for you by the way.
Not all 20 year olds can be smooth talking Egyptians such as yourself.  :D

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
The closer the exams are coming, the more I am on OC.net.

Keep it up and you will end up either unemployed or drastically underemployed and able to post ALL the time.

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Olivia said:
I was organizing some photos on my iPod and I accidentally deleted quite a few that were especially meaningful to me. I'm still pissed off at myself for that.
A couple months ago I got a new phone.  A couple weeks ago, I went to go grab it, so that I could upload several photos to my computer, which I'd forgotten to do.  And it turns out that I must've thrown out the old phone.  I too am pissed off at myself

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
DeniseDenise said:
Cyrillic said:
The closer the exams are coming, the more I am on OC.net.

Keep it up and you will end up either unemployed or drastically underemployed and able to post ALL the time.
What does that say about Trisagion?

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
The odd thing is I don't see what is worthwhile on oc.net that enables my habit to view this place.

Agabus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
JamesRottnek said:
Olivia said:
I was organizing some photos on my iPod and I accidentally deleted quite a few that were especially meaningful to me. I'm still pissed off at myself for that.
A couple months ago I got a new phone.  A couple weeks ago, I went to go grab it, so that I could upload several photos to my computer, which I'd forgotten to do.  And it turns out that I must've thrown out the old phone.  I too am pissed off at myself
I live next to a municipal canal, and we've found several phones (among other things) during the years. Apparently people in my town can't keep their mobile devices away from the drainpipes.

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Agabus said:
JamesRottnek said:
Olivia said:
I live next to a municipal canal, and we've found several phones (among other things) during the years. Apparently people in my town can't keep their mobile devices away from the drainpipes.
How bizarre.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Agabus said:
JamesRottnek said:
Olivia said:
Or they're those cheap throwaway phones that you can get from Wal-Mart, are being uses for nefarious purposes, and then are disposed of to hide the evidence.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that you obviously have some sort of mafia activity in your neighborhood.

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
kelly said:
Agabus said:
JamesRottnek said:
Olivia said:
Or they're those cheap throwaway phones that you can get from Wal-Mart, are being uses for nefarious purposes, and then are disposed of to hide the evidence.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that you obviously have some sort of mafia activity in your neighborhood.
*random NCIS quote insertion*

Tony says, "It's a burn phone, Tim, just say burn phone."

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
nothing said:
Awesome  8)

Were you guys talking before or was this a cold approach?
We briefly talked a couple times though it was always pretty casual like asking for a piece of gum. It took me 3 weeks to finally muster up the courage to do this and even though I was declined, I was actually overjoyed at the fact alone that I simply did it. I feel like I want to do it again with other females until one inevitably says yes.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
minasoliman said:
JamesR said:

Today after class I officially asked a girl for her phone number and a date. She turned me down on the grounds that she is not single, so that was a bummer. But surprisingly I am exceedingly glad that for once I actually mustered up my self esteem, broke out of my shyness, and approached a female. I finally did it after almost 20 years. I know it seems like nothing, but for me it is a major landmark in my life to finally do this. The awkwardness is no longer there as I KNOW I can approach females now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are about 20 years old.  So when you are saying "after almost 20 years", this is really your first time ever you asked someone out?

Pretty much yes. I've never approached a female until now. This was my first time. I want to do it again so badly.

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
JamesR said:
nothing said:
Awesome  8)

Were you guys talking before or was this a cold approach?
We briefly talked a couple times though it was always pretty casual like asking for a piece of gum. It took me 3 weeks to finally muster up the courage to do this and even though I was declined, I was actually overjoyed at the fact alone that I simply did it. I feel like I want to do it again with other females until one inevitably says yes.
Man I am so overwhelmingly happy for you, keep at it.

I've probably told you this before but I'm glad you are taking risks to overcome this issue. The more exposed you are to rejection, the more numb you'll be to its effects. Eventually you won't care any more, and just play the game like any other guy. The end-game is realizing that you have self-worth, and no one can take that away from you. Once you see it that way, you'll be able to take rejection as you already did with a shrug and a smile, and actually feel like it's nothing to get worked up about. To put it into better words, you'll need to feel as though you're confident and self-assured. Rejections are nothing, there are plenty of girls out there to try out. The important thing is to not be an ass or be big-headed about it. Realize that as a guy, your worth will only continue to rise as you get older - not so much for the opposite sex in most cases unfortunately.

Can't wait to hear even better news from you soon!

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
JamesR said:
minasoliman said:
JamesR said:

Pretty much yes. I've never approached a female until now. This was my first time. I want to do it again so badly.
When you say "you never approached", does that even include casual conversation and friendship, or is this just specifically your first time asking someone out on a date?

Severian

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.lsocs.co.uk
minasoliman said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are about 20 years old. So when you are saying "after almost 20 years", this is really your first time ever you asked someone out?

I'll have you know that some of us are just late bloomers. :mad:

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Well done, James, but make sure you have your purity certificate on hand next time.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
minasoliman said:
JamesR said:
minasoliman said:
JamesR said:

When you say "you never approached", does that even include casual conversation and friendship, or is this just specifically your first time asking someone out on a date?
Both.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
JamesR said:
minasoliman said:
JamesR said:
minasoliman said:
JamesR said:

Both.
Well, why not befriend someone, and after class, when it comes to lunchtime, "you hungry?"  At least on a friendship level, you can start there.  Once you get comfortable enough, it might make "asking her out" easier.

FatherGiryus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
minasoliman said:
JamesR said:
minasoliman said:
JamesR said:
minasoliman said:
JamesR said:

Both.
Well, why not befriend someone, and after class, when it comes to lunchtime, "you hungry?"  At least on a friendship level, you can start there.  Once you get comfortable enough, it might make "asking her out" easier.
Lunch is always the easiest dating proposal.  Women know that lunch rarely leads to 'the pounce.'

NicholasMyra

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
hyperdoxherman.tumblr.com
Severian said:
minasoliman said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are about 20 years old. So when you are saying "after almost 20 years", this is really your first time ever you asked someone out?

I'll have you know that some of us are just late bloomers. :mad:
"...I'll get married, Pops, I promise."
"You have plenty of time, Niko."

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
FatherGiryus said:
minasoliman said:
JamesR said:
minasoliman said:
JamesR said:
minasoliman said:
JamesR said:

Both.
Lunch is always the easiest dating proposal.  Women know that lunch rarely leads to 'the pounce.'
Well, lunch also opens up the possibility of inviting others, "hey, we're going to lunch, wanna come with?"  If talking to girls is a problem, she'll more likely take another girl with her to go to lunch with him.  Now he'll have two girls to talk to, and hopefully that will encourage him to be less fearful.

Agabus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
kelly said:
Agabus said:
JamesRottnek said:
Olivia said:

Just the usual recidivists pushing cheap crack and meth from one side of town to the other.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
FatherGiryus said:
Lunch is a waste of time.  Ask if she will pray and fast with you...if she agrees to asceticism, she is a keeper.  But that, too, will not lead to the pounce.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
FatherGiryus said:
Lunch is a waste of time.  Ask if she will pray and fast with you...if she agrees to asceticism, she is a keeper.  But that, too, will not lead to the pounce.
When I was in college, it was considered a taboo to pray with your gf/bf due to fear that you would unduly pressure the person through praying together. It think it was in one of those weird evangelical dating books and spread across campus.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
hecma925 said:
FatherGiryus said:
When I was in college, it was considered a taboo to pray with your gf/bf due to fear that you would unduly pressure the person through praying together. It think it was in one of those weird evangelical dating books and spread across campus.
Holding hands during prayer group was the best way to flirt covertly.  Praying together was encouraged, because, you know, it carries on into your marriage life, good foundation, glory, etc., etc.  IME, anyway.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
TheTrisagion said:
hecma925 said:
FatherGiryus said:
Holding hands during prayer group was the best way to flirt covertly.  Praying together was encouraged, because, you know, it carries on into your marriage life, good foundation, glory, etc., etc.  IME, anyway.
You could pray with them until you started dating. Then you had to encourage them to seek a prayer partner of their sex to pray with them. Once they did that, you just had to convince their new prayer partner to pray you up. Oh yeah...

NicholasMyra

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
hyperdoxherman.tumblr.com
TheTrisagion said:
hecma925 said:
TheTrisagion said:
hecma925 said:
FatherGiryus said:
You could pray with them until you started dating. Then you had to encourage them to seek a prayer partner of their sex to pray with them. Once they did that, you just had to convince their new prayer partner to pray you up. Oh yeah...
And they say evangelicals aren't down with polyamory.

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Facebook stalking someone you haven't seen in a decade is really, really hard when their last name is Smith

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
JamesRottnek said:
Facebook stalking someone you haven't seen in a decade is really, really hard when their last name is Smith
#whitepeopleproblems