Random Postings

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I need to prove to the police that a pterodactyl ate my ostrich egg. Suggestions?

Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
I need to prove to the police that a pterodactyl ate my ostrich egg. Suggestions?
Tell them that you are a scientist, and you discovered a species of pterodactyl that actually isn't extinct, but just very rare. You kept one at your house for further study, but it got out of the cage it was in and ate your ostrich egg.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
christian7777 said:
Asteriktos said:
Tell them that you are a scientist, and you discovered a species of pterodactyl that actually isn't extinct, but just very rare. You kept one at your house for further study, but it got out of the cage it was in and ate your ostrich egg.
This sounded like a splendid idea, so I tried it. They didn't believe me. They even threatened to lock me up for wasting their time! What?

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
So I was doing fireworks right and I accidentally shot a bottle rocket over this overweight crazy man's house across the street and I adamantly apologized but he kept swearing and yelling at me so I have him an unfriendly gesture involving a finger and went inside.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
JamesR said:
So I was doing fireworks right and I accidentally shot a bottle rocket over this overweight crazy man's house across the street and I adamantly apologized but he kept swearing and yelling at me so I have him an unfriendly gesture involving a finger and went inside.
Your baptism just became voided.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:
That's very gangsta of you.  We would have thrown the beer bottles at him followed by black cats and roman candles.  Maybe even a mortar shell if he hadn't left with a celerity to our liking.

As it is, our neighbor is a cool Canadian fellow and just stayed inside watching TV.  The Africans (Sudanese, I think) up the road were having a blast.  Several of them in fact.

It was a good time...except for the burn fingers.

Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
christian7777 said:
Asteriktos said:
This sounded like a splendid idea, so I tried it. They didn't believe me. They even threatened to lock me up for wasting their time! What?
Such madness in this world!

ironchapman

High Elder
Reaction score
Later, I will post a pic of the book I just got in the mail, a 1773 edition of vol 2 of Montesquieu's "Persian Letters" printed in Scotland.

I love old books.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
ironchapman said:
Later, I will post a pic of the book I just got in the mail, a 1773 edition of vol 2 of Montesquieu's "Persian Letters" printed in Scotland.

I love old books.
Cool :)  The oldest book I ever owned was from like 1904. I'm such a noob.  :angel:

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Achronos said:
^^ Where can I buy that outfit.
Irwin M. Fletcher (aka Fletch) was the original owner, I don't know who has it now though. Gummy maybe.

Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
ironchapman said:

I love old books.
Cool :)  The oldest book I ever owned was from like 1904. I'm such a noob.  :angel:
The oldest book I've ever owned was from the 1940's or 1950's.  :)

genesisone

Archon
Reaction score
I deliver a daily morning paper - did that today no problem - and a weekly paper on Thursday afternoons. Usually the bundles of that paper arrive at my home by noon. It's now almost 1:45 and no sign of them. I won't be delivering those until well into the evening. Not going out in the heat! The paper is a free one, so I'd better not get any complaints about late delivery!

Reaction score
genesisone said:
I deliver a daily morning paper - did that today no problem - and a weekly paper on Thursday afternoons. Usually the bundles of that paper arrive at my home by noon. It's now almost 1:45 and no sign of them. I won't be delivering those until well into the evening. Not going out in the heat! The paper is a free one, so I'd better not get any complaints about late delivery!
I concur.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
genesisone said:
Did they ever come?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Ugh... they're forecasting that we're gonna get up to 104 degrees this Saturday...