Random Postings

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
Wow, mike and Peter ODoran return after a posting hiatus in the same week.  Bets are being placed as to who will return next.
I'm hoping for ismiliora.

Arachne

Toumarches
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Our local bus company drivers are collecting donations for the local hospice these days.

On top of it, the driver that got us home today was dressed up in pontifical whites, rather than Santa red. I dropped a bit extra in the bucket just for that. ;D

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
Wow, mike and Peter ODoran return after a posting hiatus in the same week.  Bets are being placed as to who will return next.
Are we ready for the second coming of Dattaswami?

Agabus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
kelly said:
hecma925 said:
I'm hoping for ismiliora.
Everyone is hoping for Ismi.

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Iconodule said:
hecma925 said:
Are we ready for the second coming of Dattaswami?

I'm ready. I went back to read his last posts and I'm sad I dismissed him so offhand.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
nothing said:
kelly said:
I just made $2.96 on ebates  ::)
Enough to upgrade to a family size Cheetos bag.
I got a party mix bag from the vending machine at work the other day. It had a couple Cheetos in it and I thought of you.

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
kelly said:
nothing said:
kelly said:
I just made $2.96 on ebates  ::)
Enough to upgrade to a family size Cheetos bag.
I got a party mix bag from the vending machine at work the other day. It had a couple Cheetos in it and I thought of you.
How delightful that you thought of nothing.

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Its cold.  Despite heat running in the house, I cannot stop shivering.

bah

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
DeniseDenise said:

bah
just think of the sulphurous flames of hell that await you and you'll warm up

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
kelly said:
DeniseDenise said:

bah

What did I do today to be condemned ?

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
DeniseDenise said:
kelly said:
DeniseDenise said:

bah

What did I do today to be condemned ?
You failed to wear a Snuggie.  I'm sorry, rules are rules.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Oh!  So when I tell some uppity people I ate Waffle house hash browns, I get disgusted looks.  But if I say, "I ate latkes," then I get happy smiles and well wishes for a Happy Hannukah.  Bah, humbug.  They're just Jewish hash browns, rarely done well.

Anyway, it was never the Messiah Jews were waiting for.  It was Crisco.

https://books.google.com/books?id=ZcQqAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA19#v=onepage&q&f=false

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Synaxis icons.  It's the BOGO of the iconographic world.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Did you know that the word "juice" originally referred to "jews' blood," which is the substance taken from Jews before they say their vows to the illuminati? This is why, when watching old movies made by Hollywood, you may have heard someone ask a child: "Have you finished your juice yet?" Now you know what it means! They were shoving it in your face and you didn't even know it! This is also how "juice" came to have a positive association with health--for once a Jew gave the juice, they were impervious to all forms of sickness, death and financial mismanagement. Now the juice is loose and the self-loathing liberal commie zionists are trying to do damage control... my oh my what a world what a world.

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
If Michael Sharp lurks/posts here, can you send me a PM? Thanks. (I thought it was Jared)

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
It's Dec. 14th and we either reached or exceeded the local temp record of 68 degrees.

Agabus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Agabus said:
orthonorm said:
Agabus said:
On a scale of one to 10, seven is the level of annoyance I feel when I hear the word "furbabies."
What's a "fur baby"? I blacked out upon hearing and don't remember. Are we talking about idiots who keep animals as family members / pets?
It's what the bourgeoisie call their puppies these days.
I heard one better the other day. "Doghther."

Minnesotan

Archon
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
Did you know that the word "juice" originally referred to "jews' blood," which is the substance taken from Jews before they say their vows to the illuminati? This is why, when watching old movies made by Hollywood, you may have heard someone ask a child: "Have you finished your juice yet?" Now you know what it means! They were shoving it in your face and you didn't even know it! This is also how "juice" came to have a positive association with health--for once a Jew gave the juice, they were impervious to all forms of sickness, death and financial mismanagement. Now the juice is loose and the self-loathing liberal commie zionists are trying to do damage control... my oh my what a world what a world.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
That would make sense if the person holding that sign was a dietician.  :p

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I just made my first tweet in 8 1/2 years. I don't feel any different.

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
Feeling a great fondness for Righteous Simeon of Verkhoturye today. (Altho I can't pronounce his name.)

"A nobleman, but he concealed his origin and led the life of a beggar. He walked through villages and sewed clothes for the poor for free. Often he lived at a churchyard of the village of Merkushinsk, where he loved the natural beauty of the Urals, joyfully contemplating its majesty. The saint loved to go fishing; it reminded him of the disciples, whose work he continued, guiding the Siberian people in the true faith. ... St. Simeon, after his death, frequently appeared to the sick in dreams and healed them, or brought to their senses those with the disease of drunkenness, and with the healing of bodily infirmities he also gave instruction and guidance for the soul." (Somewhat edited from the source.)

I'm moved to include him in the saints I make my prayers to.

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
sim-ee-un

yes i know that's not what you meant, but the rest isn't his name, its where he is from. 

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
wgw said:
The problem with dynamic equivalence is that it tends to be rather more "dynamic" than "equivalent."
I'm sure that sounded very clever in the shower.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
Feeling a great fondness for Righteous Simeon of Verkhoturye today. (Altho I can't pronounce his name.)

"A nobleman, but he concealed his origin and led the life of a beggar. He walked through villages and sewed clothes for the poor for free. Often he lived at a churchyard of the village of Merkushinsk, where he loved the natural beauty of the Urals, joyfully contemplating its majesty. The saint loved to go fishing; it reminded him of the disciples, whose work he continued, guiding the Siberian people in the true faith. ... St. Simeon, after his death, frequently appeared to the sick in dreams and healed them, or brought to their senses those with the disease of drunkenness, and with the healing of bodily infirmities he also gave instruction and guidance for the soul." (Somewhat edited from the source.)

I'm moved to include him in the saints I make my prayers to.
Is he a patron of those who fish?