Random Postings

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
I don't know!

He's important to Siberians, I read. I just think he sounds like a very special young man (he died at 35), pleasing to God in a way many of us might not think of. And I think the reports of how he helps people now -- with healing and freedom from addiction and spiritual instruction -- amount to just what I need in my own life. Many others probably too.

William T

Archon
Reaction score
Take the red pill, learn this information they don't want you to know:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/dec/18/conspiracy-theories-extreme-right-far-left-threaten-democracy

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
I just saw an interview of the EP and he had nicer cuff links than me. I has a sad.
He also has a nicer beard and quite a nicer honorific. Sometimes a Cyrillic must be content to be a Cyrillic.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
I went inside a Lifeway christian bookstore for the first time in nearly 8 years.  I physically almost became sick.

Those holiday scented candles are disgusting.  Right at the entrance, too.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Sam G said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Sam G said:
Mor Ephrem said:
hecma925 said:
Mor Ephrem said:
hecma925 said:
Anyone ever make prosphora in a toaster oven?
Yes.
No horror story?  Good.
Not at all.  Our prosphora is a little different from yours, so I don't know how it would work for you, but I always had better results with a toaster oven than I did with a conventional oven.
The Old Rite makes the best prosphora. At least in my experience.
They don't commune me, so I wouldn't know.  :p
If you had the recipe, you could always duplicate it on your own if you were really that curious.
Do you have the recipe to share?

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
Is there a term for the tipping point when a web population comes to consist mostly of those who came to troll it?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
"Jumping the cat"? "Gone full meme"? "Troll own all our database"? "We dun goofed"?  :police:

FatherGiryus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
I went inside a Lifeway christian bookstore for the first time in nearly 8 years.  I physically almost became sick.

Imagine what their 'Lenten' candles would smell like if they observed Lent...

Agabus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
FatherGiryus said:
hecma925 said:

Imagine what their 'Lenten' candles would smell like if they observed Lent...
Don't get too creative. This is the propaganda wing of the SBC. Their Lenten candles would smell like  fresh cotton.

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Agabus said:
Don't get too creative. This is the propaganda wing of the SBC. Their Lenten candles would smell like  fresh cotton.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Fr. Giryus,

It seems you have discovered the exciting world of microbiology  ;)

FatherGiryus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
minasoliman said:
Fr. Giryus,

It seems you have discovered the exciting world of microbiology  ;)
That's an Illuminati-manufactured, brain-eating, vaccine-delivered nanobot, thank you.  Nothing biological about it, and so me and him have more than one thing in common.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
And I thought that was a bacteriophage.  I feel so cheated by my education!!!

FatherGiryus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
minasoliman said:
And I thought that was a bacteriophage.  I feel so cheated by my education!!!
If you were studying anything other that the writings of Francis E. Dec, Esq., you were indeed cheated.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Got a nice egg pendant and gold chain in the mail today from ZealousZeal.  ;D :-*

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that up until recently I had at least a smidgen of naive optimism having to do with the belief that sensible people would work together to avert disaster. Then the PA Budget circus woke me out of all that stuff.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
I'm pretty sure that up until recently I had at least a smidgen of naive optimism having to do with the belief that sensible people would work together to avert disaster. Then the PA Budget circus woke me out of all that stuff.
It still could be true. We just don't have sensible people to test the hypothesis on.

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
What is it with younger women and traveling? "I just love to travel" is probably the most common phrase out of the mouth of millennials.

What is there to see? The Sahara desert at a scorching sweat dripping 120F? Bone chilling cold in Yukon? Not only that, but all of the travel prepartions and time and cost to do all of that, what a waste.

Just pull up some HD photos of these locations, throw some cold water on yourself or turn up the heat. Welcome to paradise!

FatherGiryus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
nothing said:
What is it with younger women and traveling? "I just love to travel" is probably the most common phrase out of the mouth of millennials.

What is there to see? The Sahara desert at a scorching sweat dripping 120F? Bone chilling cold in Yukon? Not only that, but all of the travel prepartions and time and cost to do all of that, what a waste.

Just pull up some HD photos of these locations, throw some cold water on yourself or turn up the heat. Welcome to paradise!
It's just a nice way for them to say that you creep them out and they want to get away from you.  8)

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
FatherGiryus said:
nothing said:

It's just a nice way for them to say that you creep them out and they want to get away from you.  8)
Fine by me, eliminates wasting time pursuing halfwits.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Virtual travel produces sterile narratives. You want good stories you gotta pay in blood, sweat, and tears (or beers)  :police:

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
nothing said:
FatherGiryus said:
nothing said:

People who like to travel are halfwits?

Wow, that's dumb.

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Virtual travel produces sterile narratives. You want good stories you gotta pay in blood, sweat, and tears (or beers)  :police:

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
biro said:
nothing said:
FatherGiryus said:
nothing said:

People who like to travel are halfwits?

Wow, that's dumb.
Yeah I think spending thousands of dollars to go half way around the world to wander around in an empty desert by camel pretty stupid. Just like its just as dumb to go on a safari in Africa to try to catch a glimpse of a giraffe or rhinos or elephants. Just turn on the TV and watch NatGeo. Saves a bunch of time, money, and all the work that goes into getting a few minutes of experience.

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Asteriktos is back! I remember the first serious reply I received on this forum, and it was from Asteriktos; and I was much impressed.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
Asteriktos said:
Asteriktos is back! I remember the first serious reply I received on this forum, and it was from Asteriktos; and I was much impressed.
Lol

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
FatherGiryus said:
Mor Ephrem said:
kelly said:
Got a nice egg pendant and gold chain in the mail today from ZealousZeal.  ;D :-*
You too?!
By last year I had to ask her to stop.  Not sure what I'm supposed to do with them all now.  ::)
You're welcome, everyone! Father G- you're supposed to wear them all at once on Pascha, obviously.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Anyone here getting a copy of the Vladimir Putin 2016 calendar?  :police:

FatherGiryus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
FatherGiryus said:
Mor Ephrem said:
kelly said:
You too?!
By last year I had to ask her to stop.  Not sure what I'm supposed to do with them all now.  ::)
You're welcome, everyone! Father G- you're supposed to wear them all at once on Pascha, obviously.
Then I'd look like a homeless biker version of Mr. T. with an egg fetish...    ;D

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
I might be visiting the Ukraine next spring. I shall walk from house to house and strongly recommend Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future by Fr. Seraphim Rose to everyone I meet.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Alpo said:
I might be visiting the Ukraine next spring. I shall walk from house to house and strongly recommend Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future by Fr. Seraphim Rose to everyone I meet.
Do this and you will become all flame...