Random Postings

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes.

Not that I endorse shameless (Sts. Constantine and Helen's Greek Festival, Cleveland Heights, OH - Aug 17-20) plugs or subliminal (good food, George doing church tours, Greek dancing and music, iconography) messages.

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
cleveland said:
You know, it's the gesture that is important.

Remember, I do

Love Big Fonts,

just in case you forgot.
I'm sorry, that makes me think of Baptismal fonts not type styles.  :D

Ebor

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I like big fonts and I cannot lie, you Christian brothas can't deny, that when a Church gets built with a little alcove and a great big massive font you get dunked...

Zoe

Elder
Reaction score
cleveland said:
I like big fonts and I cannot lie, you Christian brothas can't deny, that when a Church gets built with a little alcove and a great big massive font you get dunked...
Wow, George, wow.

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
cleveland said:
So...what tone is this chanted in?

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
cleveland said:
If it's designed for you, then its in Second Brown Note.
LOL!!!!

Of course, this joke would have to take some 'splaining....

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That's no fun... let them guess!

Oh, BTW: I think you're getting 3 or 4 semi-Arians on Sunday.  Chris and Leftheri are coming, and I don't remember if they're picking up George A and James in Nashville on the way down.

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
cleveland said:
That's no fun... let them guess!

Oh, BTW: I think you're getting 3 or 4 semi-Arians on Sunday. Chris and Leftheri are coming, and I don't remember if they're picking up George A and James in Nashville on the way down.
Sounds like quite the setting: The Hammer is without Chipmunk Man, but with his trusty teenage sidekick Mallet and Mallet's friend Lefty. Will The Steeler and Mr. X From Tennessee join in with the forces of liturgical ineptitude?

meanwhile, speculation is rampant that Hellenic Man will also appear. This also begs the question: why will The Hammer, Hellenic Man, and mild-mannered restaurant worker Χριστοφορος Παπαχατζιχαρνερακιπουλουνιδες never show up at the same place and the same time?

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
They are threatening to throw me in the car (in whatever condition I am in at the time) and haul me down; I don't know how well it will go over with the fam if I leave my sister's wedding reception early.

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
cleveland said:
They are threatening to throw me in the car (in whatever condition I am in at the time) and haul me down; I don't know how well it will go over with the fam if I leave my sister's wedding reception early.
(evil chris in his manipulative mode...)

Not to make you feel guilty or anything but...

what's that one verse about being unworthy if "...you love your mother or father more than me"?

Actually, you could have a similar scene as in Patton when he discusses how his troops could exit from a fight with the Germans, move 100 miles, and pick up the fight again in winter. You could talk about how you chanted a wedding in Serbian, English, and Greek, attended the reception, relocated 600 miles or so, and attended an ordination the next day...

Quite the feather in the cap, as you say. Plus, Connie will be there...

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
chris said:
Quite the feather in the cap, as you say. Plus, Connie will be there...
Θαύμα!  Miracle!

I wish I could go... and maybe my presence will be a surprise.  But I'm 99.99% sure I can't, considering it's my sister's wedding and all...

Zoe

Elder
Reaction score
Yeah, but you do have a habit of randomly appearing in places that are far away from where you originally were.  So, anything's possible....

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
True, true.  Maybe I'll have some heart-to-heart with the folks, and will all of a sudden find myself 700 miles away from Cleveland, prepping for services with the Bishop...