Random Postings

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
So I spoke with my uncle for the first time in about 7 years this past weekend. He felt like it was the appropriate time to confront me about not believing in Sola Fide and said that anyone that doesn't believe in Sola Fide belongs to a cult just like the Masons. I was rather amused by the whole thing. I wonder if I will have more of these edifying conversations to look forward to now that I am a cult member.  ;D
I don't believe this stuff happens in real life. But I believe it happened to you.

Did you tell him, see you in another seven?

How painfully boring.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Minnesotan said:
TheTrisagion said:
So I spoke with my uncle for the first time in about 7 years this past weekend. He felt like it was the appropriate time to confront me about not believing in Sola Fide and said that anyone that doesn't believe in Sola Fide belongs to a cult just like the Masons. I was rather amused by the whole thing. I wonder if I will have more of these edifying conversations to look forward to now that I am a cult member.  ;D
Ironic considering that historically, Masonry and and quite a few sola-fide Protestant denominations were heavily intertwined. It was the Catholics who forbade members from joining lodges.
He kept yelling "Faith plus NOTHING! You can take that to the bank!"
Why would anyone take anything of importance to a bank?

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
TheTrisagion said:
I don't believe this stuff happens in real life. But I believe it happened to you.

How painfully boring.
lol, I listened for a bit and then excused myself. I didn't want to be rude. Apparently, he had recently become a deacon at his church and felt like this was something he needed to do.

It would probably be boring for most. My life isn't exactly the life of a rock n roll star, so it amused me.  :p

The reason it was 7 years was my brother married a girl from China and he does not believe in "mixing bloodlines". I stood by my brother and he felt it necessary to boycott the wedding and not speak to us since. He actually called my brother up to apologize for being rude when he was nominated deacon as he said he needed to clear the air. I guess this was his way of clearing the air with me.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
orthonorm said:
TheTrisagion said:

How painfully boring.
lol, I listened for a bit and then excused myself. I didn't want to be rude. Apparently, he had recently become a deacon at his church and felt like this was something he needed to do.

It would probably be boring for most. My life isn't exactly the life of a rock n roll star, so it amused me.  :p

The reason it was 7 years was my brother married a girl from China and he does not believe in "mixing bloodlines". I stood by my brother and he felt it necessary to boycott the wedding and not speak to us since. He actually called my brother up to apologize for being rude when he was nominated deacon as he said he needed to clear the air. I guess this was his way of clearing the air with me.
Wow. Stop posting your normal stuff and start telling us more about these relatives.

Where do these people come from? What a piece of work.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
TheTrisagion said:
orthonorm said:
TheTrisagion said:

How painfully boring.

Wow. Stop posting your normal stuff and start telling us more about these relatives.

Where do these people come from? What a piece of work.
Its my dad's brother. He has always been a bit of a loose cannon and a classic racist in the vein of "I'm not a racist because I knew some black guys at work and I even talked to him, but I wouldn't ever invite him to my house because black people are dirty". Yup, that is pretty much a straight quote. His son (my cousin) developed a strange fixation on our nominal Germanic heritage and decided to delve into it to the point that he has Nazi flags hanging in his basement "for historical reasons".

We don't hang out much.

wgw

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Cast adrift in a lifeboat of the SS Aurora
Mor Ephrem said:
Let Mor arise, and let his enemies be scattered...
Such as his legendary evil Nestorian twin brother Mar Ephrem, who at present is generally regarded by most Morephologists as being apocryphal; a minority however hint at the existence of a network of dark cults and secret societies on the fringes of Netodoxy in which the ominous figure of Mar Ephrem is hailed as the harbinger of the Apocalypse.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
wgw said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Let Mor arise, and let his enemies be scattered...
Such as his legendary evil Nestorian twin brother Mar Ephrem, who at present is generally regarded by most Morephologists as being apocryphal; a minority however hint at the existence of a network of dark cults and secret societies on the fringes of Netodoxy in which the ominous figure of Mar Ephrem is hailed as the harbinger of the Apocalypse.
Oh, he is EO then?  :p

montalo

Archon
Reaction score
Thinking about it, i would be perfectly happy working in a day care the rest of my life if I could manage to pay the bills with it.

Also should look into how I can get  the necessary capital to open up my own

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score

Arachne

Toumarches
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
Minnesotan said:
hecma925 said:
Raylight said:
hecma925 said:
Mor Ephrem said:
What's a "man flu"?
Sounds gay.
Whatevaaah  ::)
You have been stricken.  You may need to snuggle up to a gayman logger from Saskatchewan.  You know, for warmth.
You mean British Columbia, of course.
Lol, just check every province to be safe.
Might even learn some log-rolling tricks into the bargain.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Arachne said:
hecma925 said:
Minnesotan said:
hecma925 said:
Raylight said:
hecma925 said:
Mor Ephrem said:
What's a "man flu"?
Sounds gay.
Whatevaaah  ::)
You have been stricken.  You may need to snuggle up to a gayman logger from Saskatchewan.  You know, for warmth.
You mean British Columbia, of course.
Lol, just check every province to be safe.
Might even learn some log-rolling tricks into the bargain.
Too much wood.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Looks like I'll be working 12 hours tomorrow due to the snow. And I might end up having to stay overnight. Sigh.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
kelly said:
Looks like I'll be working 12 hours tomorrow due to the snow. And I might end up having to stay overnight. Sigh.
I will be sure to call and complain about your hospital.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:
Thanks for saying where I work,  insurance agent.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
kelly said:
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:
Everyone knows you work at a hospital. I didn't say which one. Also I am not an insurance agent, I'm a claims adjuster. We are similar except I make peoples' lives hell for a living.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:
Everyone knows you work at a hospital. I didn't say which one. Also I am not an insurance agent, I'm a claims adjuster. We are similar except I make peoples' lives hell for a living.
Whatever. You do something with insurance. I will correct my ocnet.xls dossier right now.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
kelly said:
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:
Whatever. You do something with insurance. I will correct my ocnet.xls dossier right now.
You should make an app so that your and onorm's dossiers sync. That would be fan-fiddly-tastic!

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:
You should make an app so that your and onorm's dossiers sync. That would be fan-fiddly-tastic!
Would make that file huge in size.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:
TheTrisagion said:
kelly said:
This is how it begins.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Agabus said:
Porter ODoran said:
The way I grew up, everybody had rifles and shotguns. For hunting and vermin. Of course this is America so probably you'd expect us all to own guns (it's actually not very common in town).
I have nephews who have owned "youth" firearms since they were four. The youngest, who was six in September, killed a deer last week.
Congratulations to the young fellow!

Porter ODoran said:
Four years old? I'm fine with guns around the farm, they're a very useful tool, but that's shocking.
Nonsense.  The earlier a child learns that firearms are tools that demand responsibility, the better.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
kelly said:
Heading home in a bit. Wish me luck. It is BAD here. I haven't seen a blizzard like this since I was little.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
This has to be satire.  This can't be a real news story:

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/jihotties.new.isis.dating.site.uses.men.displaying.their.masculinity.to.recruit.brides/77494.htm

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Huh. I thought this far inland we weren't supposed to get hit with much, like maybe 5-8 inches. We ended up with 13" here, and where my parents live (about 40 miles further east) they got 18". I can only imagine what it's like over towards the coast...

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Huh. I thought this far inland we weren't supposed to get hit with much, like maybe 5-8 inches. We ended up with 13" here, and where my parents live (about 40 miles further east) they got 18". I can only imagine what it's like over towards the coast...
Its still snowing here.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I don't think I'm getting to work tomorrow, especially if they are suspending transport like they were discussing when I left there this afternoon.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Svartzorn said:
Hoe about this big chicken I held today?

For misplacing this picture in the wrong thread, rather than this one, you have been placed on "Facial Hair Watch"; this is not to mention the unironic use of the words "Hoe" and "big chicken".  You have been warned.

Nice mustache and chicken.