Random Postings

genesisone

Archon
Reaction score
JamesR said:
vamrat said:
JamesR said:
So guys I have a question. Is this animal cruelty? Me and my baby sister are allergic to cats, and our neighbors are crazy cat people whose cats roam all over the neighborhood and reproduce constantly. They are ALWAYS going in our backyard, passing through, crapping on our lawn etc. One time they even ate my pet dove I had out there. My father has told the neighbor about this several times but there is nothing they can really do about it. So, now whenever I see one of their cats in my yard I shoot it with my dad's 1250fps pellet rifle.
Do you try to kill it or just wound it?  IMHO wounding severely would be cruel.  A couple pumps on a small rifle and a quick shot to the bum won't cause lasting damage and is more a warning than anything else, so not really cruel.  Likewise, killing quick and painlessly isn't what I would consider cruel either, unless you consider using mousetraps or exterminating cockroaches to be cruel as well.  Pests are pests.

Personally, I am a cat-liker so would only shoot one if it was terrorizing an animal I wanted around.  Since one ate your dove, I can see where you'd consider then pests.
To be honest, I usually shoot to kill, since 1250fps is a pretty powerful gun for a cat and leaving it wounded would probably be cruel and leave it to die a slow painful death.
Is what you're doing legal where you are? On the one hand, I hope it's not, but on the other, at least I'll know you're not going to be arrested for that.

It seems to me that your neighbours are the ones practising animal cruelty. The authorities around here would definitely be paying a visit to a house with an excessive number of animals of any kind. Have you been in touch with your local SPCA (or equivalent)? (I hate having to recommend that as those organizations have a nazi-esque reputation.)

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
vamrat said:
Vamrat has officially met a Bishop for the first time ever. Vamrat has officially changed jurisdiction because of that.
Fixed.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Alpo said:
vamrat said:
Vamrat has officially met a Bishop for the first time ever. Vamrat has officially changed jurisdiction because of that.
Fixed.
Lol, no.  I still like the Serbian church just fine.  I kinda wish I knew what our Bishop looked like, but alas.

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
Orthodox11 said:
They do for children of mixed parents. If one of your parents is an American citizen and the other a Norwegian citizen, I think it should be possible for you to have both.
My mother has Danish and US citizenship, so I guess I can.

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
There are too many TV shows on too many cable networks to memorize for Trivia.

Just last week, I recognized Dance Moms and I don't have cable TV.

I must have watched a preview at my sister's house, who has cable TV....

Severian

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.lsocs.co.uk
"It’s truly hilarious in a macabre sort of way to see atheists casting themselves in the role of freedom fighters for humanity and world saviours. These are people who say that existence is meaningless; that human consciousness and sense of self as well as free will are all illusions. That the Principle of Causality is false and that people have resulted from random accidents and are nothing more than jiggling bags of mindless chemicals with absolutely no OBJECTIVE morality to guide them.. And yet atheists see themselves as champions of morality on behalf of humanity! All this would be funny if it weren’t so tragic."

-Anonymous

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
So I bought Syrian coffee (Haseeb coffee) today but I have no idea about Syrian coffee culture and most of the texts on the package are in Arabic. I had my first cup with one spoonful of coffee with maybe three decalitres of water and figured out that the taste should be a lot stronger. What is the correct ratio between water and coffee?

That person

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
So one of my uncle's places in Kentucky is awesome. He got the old lot in the middle of Breathitt County where the shack he grew up in was and built a seriously nice house there. Big with classy columns and stuff with mostly trailers around it. But his back yard is like redneck paradise. Bud Light cans used as shooting targets, a huge shed of weapons, ammo, and non-alcoholic targets, lots of old lawncare and gardening equipment, cinder blocks with no discernable purpose, the works. And it's all lurking just behind this really classy house. It's great.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Severian said:
Asteriktos said:
As I lay on my couch a moment ago, open book sprawling across my face as I inhaled the old-book-smell goodness, I wished that they would come out with a spray with that scent. For my room to smell like a library filled with old books... what a glorious day that would be!
+99

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
This was definitely one of least favorite days.  I left my apartment an hour before class (living only about 3.5 miles, it should only take maybe 10 minutes to get to ASU)...then, I passed by the university not realizing that I was doing so...then, when turning left, I saw a "Do not enter" sign on the street, thinking it applied to the lane I was about to turn into, and to avoid going the wrong way down a fairly major road, I wound up sitting for five minutes on light rail tracks (not meant to be sat upon) before I could turn, then started to turn into what I thought was a visitor parking structure, but was really a permit-only parking structure and had to back out back onto the road (took about 7 minutes for it to be clear of traffic), then got the bright idea to put a particular building I knew the location of (which is near a visitor parking structure) into my phone, so that I'd have some idea of where on campus I was, and Google Navigate decided I wanted to go 73 miles into the desert (thankfully it took me only about 15 minutes of driving on the highway before I realized there was no possible way I was going anywhere near the right way...and looked at my phone to discover where exactly I was headed, it only took another four minutes or so to get off the highway, so that I could turn around).  In total, I nearly caused five car accidents, was at great risk of being hit by a monorail, almost ran over two pedestrians and one guy on a bike, and was thirty minutes late to an hour and forty-five minute class.

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
That person said:
So one of my uncle's places in Kentucky is awesome. He got the old lot in the middle of Breathitt County where the shack he grew up in was and built a seriously nice house there. Big with classy columns and stuff with mostly trailers around it. But his back yard is like redneck paradise. Bud Light cans used as shooting targets, a huge shed of weapons, ammo, and non-alcoholic targets, lots of old lawncare and gardening equipment, cinder blocks with no discernable purpose, the works. And it's all lurking just behind this really classy house. It's great.
I remember going to Elizabeth Town, KY one of Te most gorgeous places I've been.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
JamesRottnek said:
This was definitely one of least favorite days.  I left my apartment an hour before class (living only about 3.5 miles, it should only take maybe 10 minutes to get to ASU)...then, I passed by the university not realizing that I was doing so...then, when turning left, I saw a "Do not enter" sign on the street, thinking it applied to the lane I was about to turn into, and to avoid going the wrong way down a fairly major road, I wound up sitting for five minutes on light rail tracks (not meant to be sat upon) before I could turn, then started to turn into what I thought was a visitor parking structure, but was really a permit-only parking structure and had to back out back onto the road (took about 7 minutes for it to be clear of traffic), then got the bright idea to put a particular building I knew the location of (which is near a visitor parking structure) into my phone, so that I'd have some idea of where on campus I was, and Google Navigate decided I wanted to go 73 miles into the desert (thankfully it took me only about 15 minutes of driving on the highway before I realized there was no possible way I was going anywhere near the right way...and looked at my phone to discover where exactly I was headed, it only took another four minutes or so to get off the highway, so that I could turn around).  In total, I nearly caused five car accidents, was at great risk of being hit by a monorail, almost ran over two pedestrians and one guy on a bike, and was thirty minutes late to an hour and forty-five minute class.
Oh, wow.... What a day! I'm so sorry. That's craziness!

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
protectress.org
celticfan1888 said:
That person said:
I remember going to Elizabeth Town, KY one of Te most gorgeous places I've been.
If it has "Elizabeth" in it's name, it has to be a cool place!  (...totally unbiased opinion coming from an Elizabeth)  ;D