Random Postings

William T

Archon
Reaction score
https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20160517/wicker-park/please-dont-feed-gutter-punks-alderman-says-as-travelers-return

If you're in Chicago, please don't feed the hipsters.  The minute you do, three months later my rent gets hiked up from gentrification.  If you insist on feeding them, ignore this article's advice and stick to feeding them in wicker park, bucktown, and other such places.

Aren't cities like Austin and Portland built for these people?  I didn't know why we have to deal with them.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
DeniseDenise said:
Is it really too much to ask for people to type my name correctly?

This week alone I have been 'Densie' at least twice (different people) and Demise makes a regular appearance as well.
Yes, Deinse.

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
DeniseDenise said:
Is it really too much to ask for people to type my name correctly?

This week alone I have been 'Densie' at least twice (different people) and Demise makes a regular appearance as well.
I always get "Rafael" instead of "Raphael". I even got "Rafhael" once, that isn't even a possible combination.  :mad:

Arachne

Toumarches
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Setting up the Kindle app on my new phone informed me that I have 970 archived items in my library.

Even if I am consistently reading one a week, it will take me 20 years to clear that backlog. Without even factoring in all the other books I have. x_X

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Are Kindle books anyhow cheaper than other e-books?

Arachne

Toumarches
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Alpo said:
Are Kindle books anyhow cheaper than other e-books?
No idea. I buy from Amazon as a matter of course, because I have a Kindle e-reader and a Fire tablet, but the vast majority come either greatly discounted or free altogether.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Actually in this case, you made your own non sequitur.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
A horny teenaged boy is less likely to be molested by a hot teacher than what he imagines.

mcarmichael

Archon
Post Moderated
Reaction score
How hard do you actually try, when you try to do things?

Thanks

mcarmichael

Archon
Post Moderated
Reaction score
I feel like Stephen Spielberg did all of us a huge disfavor, in filming the Star Wars trilogy.

William T

Archon
Reaction score

The true memorial day they.don't want.you to know about.

The dark side and the Empire were misaligned by corpro-oligarchic republican historians and their Republican science! The Empire will rise again! We have nothing to lose but our chains, Sith of the world unite!

Eruvande

High Elder
Reaction score
I dreamed there were crocodiles at the local pond. The kind of dream that lingers. So I have been shaking my head and reminding myself all day that there are no crocodiles in an English park pond.

Arachne

Toumarches
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
William T said:

The dark side and the Empire were misaligned by corpro-oligarchic republican historians and their Republican science! The Empire will rise again! We have nothing to lose but our chains, Sith of the world unite!
Comic Sans = troll score off the charts ;D

LenInSebastopol

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Eruvande said:
I dreamed there were crocodiles at the local pond. The kind of dream that lingers. So I have been shaking my head and reminding myself all day that there are no crocodiles in an English park pond.
But have you checked every pond?
8)

Agabus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
LenInSebastopol said:
Eruvande said:
8)
There's a pond about two blocks away from us that has an alligator in it. Apparently the property owners have been feeding it for years. My sister- and brother-in-law, who are building a house on the next parcel, are not pleased.

LenInSebastopol

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Agabus said:
LenInSebastopol said:
Eruvande said:
8)
There's a pond about two blocks away from us that has an alligator in it. Apparently the property owners have been feeding it for years. My sister- and brother-in-law, who are building a house on the next parcel, are not pleased.
Read they make good eating, excllent shoes and fine luggage.
Best to you and your sis.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
William T said:

Proton torpedo fire can't melt quadanium steel beams.

Agabus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
LenInSebastopol said:
Agabus said:
LenInSebastopol said:
Eruvande said:
8)
Read they make good eating, excllent shoes and fine luggage.
The eating is pretty  meh.

Minnesotan

Archon
Reaction score
From here:

“I went to Columbia all they were trying to teach us was Marx, as if I cared. I cut classes and stayed in my room and slept in the arms of God … I was … more fit for Holy Russia of 19th century than for this modern America of crew cuts and sullen faces in Pontiacs.” - Jack Keraouac (from Desolation Angels)

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Overheard a coworker saying this about the gf that he just moved in with

'they are from somewhere...columbia....then moved to miami, maybe its cuba'

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
DeniseDenise said:
Overheard a coworker saying this about the gf that he just moved in with

'they are from somewhere...columbia....then moved to miami, maybe its cuba'

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I know why he moved in with her...

She moved in with him because all white folks look alike....right?

Eruvande

High Elder
Reaction score
It is a rare thing for it to be too hot to sleep in the UK, but tonight's the night.

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
My mother was born in 1/6/66 and some officer in the registry who got his name printed on her birth certificate was called Apocalyptico or something like that. True story, I'd post pictures if I had them handy. Too good we're not superstitious, but this scrivener must have scared some families terribly on this month.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
RaphaCam said:
My mother was born in 1/6/66 and some officer in the registry who got his name printed on her birth certificate was called Apocalyptico or something like that. True story, I'd post pictures if I had them handy. Too good we're not superstitious, but this scrivener must have scared some families terribly on this month.
Sounds like she needs to start using the US date format, so it would be 6/1/66.  :p

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
RaphaCam said:
Sounds like she needs to start using the US date format, so it would be 6/1/66.  :p
that would stink for January 6, 1966 birthdays

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
You're such a January-sixth-nineteen-sixty-sixist!