Random Postings

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I wish the Darkness was real. If God had an older sister at least as powerful as he is then I would side with her in a second. I was genuinely disappointed that she did not kill him in the finale of Supernatural.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
JamesR said:
I wish the Darkness was real. If God had an older sister at least as powerful as he is then I would side with her in a second. I was genuinely disappointed that she did not kill him in the finale of Supernatural.
I wish you were real.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
minasoliman said:
JamesR said:
I wish you were real.
There is no JamesR in my local area.  ... Hell0?

Minnesotan

Archon
Reaction score
So in Finding Dory, there will allegedly be a stingray who is becoming a "Sting-Rhonda". (Fishes actually can change their biological sex in real life, by the way; so can frogs). Also there may be gay fish in the background; no word on whether one of them is actually Kanye West.

*Actually, it appears that Ellen DeGeneres was joking about the Sting-Rhonda. That being said, if The Princess And The Frog were being released today, who knows if they wouldn't have included a human character who WANTS to be turned into a frog so that they can change sex before becoming human again...

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
It seems I'll work on the Olympic Games as an OFA. That's short for "someone important and his family's handyman" (which can be in a wide range from the Prince of Monaco to some sports chairman from Central Africa). It'll certainly be fun, but maybe I shouldn't have told the committee that I speak German in my interview, since I'll definitely work with some German speaker because of that. I do know German, but I have few actual practice so being supposed to conversate in the language for three weeks straight is a pretty horrifying idea. They will turn me into a Bratwurst! I also told them I'm Orthodox, however, so there's a chance they put me with some Eastern European tycoon since they want us to work for similar people.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
I want to become the greatest jingle singer of all time or the most famous workplace ethics training film actor in the world.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
RaphaCam said:
It seems I'll work on the Olympic Games as an OFA. That's short for "someone important and his family's handyman" (which can be in a wide range from the Prince of Monaco to some sports chairman from Central Africa). It'll certainly be fun, but maybe I shouldn't have told the committee that I speak German in my interview, since I'll definitely work with some German speaker because of that. I do know German, but I have few actual practice so being supposed to conversate in the language for three weeks straight is a pretty horrifying idea. They will turn me into a Bratwurst! I also told them I'm Orthodox, however, so there's a chance they put me with some Eastern European tycoon since they want us to work for similar people.
I think that most Germans speak some English, so you should be fine.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
RaphaCam said:
I always wondered how they did these airplane safety videos, maybe you could give it a shot.
The standard ones seem to be actual employees, but there are a few airlines now which have "funny" ones; maybe I can get in on those, since there are more parts.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
RaphaCam said:
They do, but these people will probably be expecting a German speaker to follow them. Well, it won't be the end of the world though, as long as I don't mess his agenda he'll have more things to worry about than my abilities.
From what I hear, subpar translations will be the least of the problems at the Rio Olympics.

RaphaCam

Reaction score
Website
Undoubtedly. Last week the mayor declared the city is in state of calamity, and I doubt violence against tourists can be anyhow prevented by the police during the games, one of the four areas in the city is in an extremely dangerous location also... Lord, have mercy.

Kirkburn

Elder
Post Moderated
Reaction score
I'm okay, I should be asleep right now but for some reason I can't sleep.

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
RaphaCam said:
Back in high school, I would frequently use LSD early in the morning. It would lead me to get twenty minutes late to the first class of the day, sit behind my desk and keep quiet, tripping and hoping no one would talk to me. Frankly, I was the worst teacher ever.
LOL! Who posted this?

Selam

RaphaCam

Reaction score
Website
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
RaphaCam said:
Back in high school, I would frequently use LSD early in the morning. It would lead me to get twenty minutes late to the first class of the day, sit behind my desk and keep quiet, tripping and hoping no one would talk to me. Frankly, I was the worst teacher ever.
LOL! Who posted this?

Selam
I heard that joke somewhere and I laugh alone like I'm crazy everytime I remember it.  :laugh:

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
I am not really enjoying Trader Joe's "special" salsa, which has onions ground to a pulpy consistency and lots of oregano.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
What got stuck on your beard?  Was it the melted chocolate?  The smoldering marshmallow?  Or the graham cracker crumbs? Or all three?

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
minasoliman said:
What got stuck on your beard?  Was it the melted chocolate?  The smoldering marshmallow?  Or the graham cracker crumbs? Or all three?
Saying this made me crave some smores... :p (<-- that smiley is my mouth watering)

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
minasoliman said:
All three, but the marshmallow is like strong glue. It might never come out.

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
minasoliman said:
You do realise that marshmallow is soap-and-water soluble...

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
I am not really enjoying Trader Joe's "special" salsa, which has onions ground to a pulpy consistency and lots of oregano.
TJ's Authentic is probably my favorite salsa ever.

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
DeniseDenise said:
Porter ODoran said:
minasoliman said:
You do realise that marshmallow is soap-and-water soluble...
;D

Bob2

High Elder
Reaction score
I see a significant amount of Russian in my Facebook feed, and I can't read a lick of it. The "auto-translate" feature is helpful but often a poor translation.

The following was contained in a post in my feed about a parishioner talking about her son

Вот удивил миша, так удивил! Даже меня, привыкшую к нему
FB auto-translated as:
What a (removed -ZZ)Misha, so surprised!
(emphasis mine) 
Google translate rendered:
That surprised Misha so surprised !
According the person who posted, she said she would translate as:
Misha surprised me so much!"
It left me in stitches imagining this women calling her son a (removed -ZZ).

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Google Translate for Greek is similarly horrible.  I've come across so many articles titled something like "The Archbishop meets with his girlfriend", accompanied by a photo of a bishop with some portly old man. 

Bob2

High Elder
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
Google Translate for Greek is similarly horrible.  I've come across so many articles titled something like "The Archbishop meets with his girlfriend", accompanied by a photo of a bishop with some portly old man.
But has it ever called the Archbishop a (removed -ZZ)?

Justin Kolodziej

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Facebook is clearly in on the worldwide jihad...they keep suggesting islamic sites to me. ::)