• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Random Postings

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
I wanted today to buy a new phone and sign a new contract with the operator. so after work (and I had a pretty tiring day) I went the representation. In half an hour I managed to pick the phone I want and the tariff I want, was in the middle of signing papers and then I was told additional documents are needed. "I'm sorry, you can't do that now".

And that's how time is being wasted.

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
mike said:
I wanted today to buy a new phone and sign a new contract with the operator. so after work (and I had a pretty tiring day) I went the representation. In half an hour I managed to pick the phone I want and the tariff I want, was in the middle of signing papers and then I was told additional documents are needed. "I'm sorry, you can't do that now".

And today the very same clerk in the compensation gave me the employee's offer: 100 zł discount on the phone and 10 zł discount on the subscription.

<profit>

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
mike said:
mike said:

And today the very same clerk in the compensation gave me the employee's offer: 100 zł discount on the phone and 10 zł discount on the subscription.

<profit>
How much is 100zl? Just enough to buy a pack of gum? The price of a palace?

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
mike said:
mike said:

<profit>
Roughly 10% (of the discounted price because it is on sale already). I was offered 1000 zł, paid 900 zł and it costs about 1300 zł in a shop.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
mike said:
Cyrillic said:
mike said:
mike said:

<profit>
10%
10% of what?

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
mike said:
Cyrillic said:
mike said:
mike said:

<profit>
10%
10% of what?
100 zł - 30 beers in a shop / 15 beers in a pub / 7 packs of cigarettes...

FinnJames

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
mike said:
Cyrillic said:
mike said:
Cyrillic said:
mike said:
mike said:

<profit>
10%
10% of what?
Sounds like it would be healthier to pay the full price for phone and contract.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
mike said:
Cyrillic said:
mike said:
Cyrillic said:
mike said:
mike said:

<profit>
10%
10% of what?
Now those are currencies I know.

You got yourself a nice deal there.

FatherGiryus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
mike said:
mike said:

<profit>
<justice>

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
My birthday was yesterday, so I commemorated it with this girl who was born two days apart and we called some friends. It started as a mild gathering and ended up with a guy stabbing another in the arm as a joke (what kind of joke makes you get stitches?). I think we'll do the next one alcohol-free.

William T

Archon
Reaction score
This is how I get all the ladies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxSdA0oWKuU

It's all about the cigarette sealer.  For a small fee, I can probably get a couple of these sealers in my back alley and send them to anyone if anybody is interested, it's the next big thing.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
If anyone was wondering what to do with their extra Apple, pineapple, and two pens, the latest viral video fad will help you answer that important dilemma in your life.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
I bought my dog a giant toy lobster. He doesn't quite know what to do with it. :)

Justin Kolodziej

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Bob2 said:
hecma925 said:
seekeroftruth777 said:
William T said:
Today marks the anniversary of the official start of world war 2, when the Nazis invaded Poland
For those of us on the New Calendar, it also start of the Church Calendar New Year, it so wired today is both something good, and bad.
That's an everyday thing.
On Old Calendar Sept 11 (Civil calendar) is the beheading of John the Baptist
...but on the New Calendar July 4 is the day of the Holy Royal Martyrs of Russia....we'll call it a draw

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Justin Kolodziej said:
Bob2 said:
hecma925 said:
seekeroftruth777 said:
William T said:
Today marks the anniversary of the official start of world war 2, when the Nazis invaded Poland
For those of us on the New Calendar, it also start of the Church Calendar New Year, it so wired today is both something good, and bad.
...but on the New Calendar July 4 is the day of the Holy Royal Martyrs of Russia....we'll call it a draw
Nope.  17 July/4 July.

genesisone

Archon
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
Justin Kolodziej said:
Bob2 said:
hecma925 said:
seekeroftruth777 said:
William T said:
Nope.  17 July/4 July.
Then somebody better tell the Greeks  ;).

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
genesisone said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Justin Kolodziej said:
Bob2 said:
hecma925 said:
seekeroftruth777 said:
William T said:
Nope.  17 July/4 July.
The St Anthony's Monastery calendar gives the correct date.  Really, if the GOA would just listen to Elder Ephraim more...  ;)

Antonis

Archon
Staff member
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
genesisone said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Justin Kolodziej said:
Bob2 said:
hecma925 said:
seekeroftruth777 said:
William T said:
Nope.  17 July/4 July.
The St Anthony's Monastery calendar gives the correct date.  Really, if the GOA would just listen to Elder Ephraim more...  ;)
8)

Justin Kolodziej

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Oh no! Not Elder Ephraim! He'll probably make them tear out the organs too...  :laugh:
Funnily enough the calendar came up during Orthodoxy 101 class about the Nativity today!

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Sometimes I'm proud of my country.

World's most radical Freedom of Speech Act was born in the 1700s the Finnish initiative
https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://yle.fi/uutiset/3-9207777&usg=ALkJrhitDV4VNAH_OHO_AySYA5L7pjRQVw

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Spent a few minutes in Romanian vespers before confession today. Felt a bit weird since I couldn't understand any of it. I assumed that I would have catched a few familiar words but no.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Alpo said:
Spent a few minutes in Romanian vespers before confession today. Felt a bit weird since I couldn't understand any of it. I assumed that I would have catched a few familiar words but no.
Amin?

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
Alpo said:
Amin?
Couldn't hear that either. Can't remember whether there are any at the very beginning of vespers. I was there only something like 10 minutes  before my confession started and it wasn't in the church but in another room.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Alpo said:
hecma925 said:
Alpo said:
Amin?
Couldn't hear that either. Can't remember whether there are any at the very beginning of vespers. I was there only something like 10 minutes  before my confession started and it wasn't in the church but in another room.
Did they give you booze before or after confession?

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
Alpo said:
hecma925 said:
Alpo said:
Amin?
Did they give you booze before or after confession?
Sadly no. It was a Finnish church with assumingly just a visiting Romanian priest. Hope the priest will teach our clergy some proper Orthodox phronema.

Onesimus

Elder
Reaction score
LizaSymonenko said:
I was feeling creative today....

Remarkable job, looks nearly identical to the pantocrator at my Church, below.