• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Random Postings

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
Cyrillic said:
Good gracious, after downing a bottle of wine I accidentally got myself a date. This might disturb my Bertie Wooster-style life.
That has never been a result of my downing a bottle of wine.  Good for you.
Oh well, thanks, I suppose.

This sort of thing isn't my cup of tea at all. On the other hand, it might turn out to be rather amusing.

Then again, getting into trouble because of the booze is the Orthodox thing to do, isn't it?

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
hecma925 said:
Mor Ephrem said:
hecma925 said:
Cyrillic said:
Good gracious, after downing a bottle of wine I accidentally got myself a date. This might disturb my Bertie Wooster-style life.
That has never been a result of my downing a bottle of wine. 
Same here.  I have the worst luck. 
Try two bottles next time and call me in the morning.
Why should I call you?  Dating a guy would be worse luck than dating no one.
Tell me how things go.

Or...if I'm in New York and you let me crash on your couch I can make breakfast...grilled pan de mallorca sandwiches and Puerto Rican coffee.  You can text me thanks later.  No homo.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
hecma925 said:
Cyrillic said:
That has never been a result of my downing a bottle of wine.  Good for you.
Oh well, thanks, I suppose.

This sort of thing isn't my cup of tea at all. On the other hand, it might turn out to be rather amusing.

Then again, getting into trouble because of the booze is the Orthodox thing to do, isn't it?
Only if you're clergy.  For laity, it's fine and dandy.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
hecma925 said:
Mor Ephrem said:
hecma925 said:
Mor Ephrem said:
hecma925 said:
Cyrillic said:
Tell me how things go.

Or...if I'm in New York and you let me crash on your couch I can make breakfast...grilled pan de mallorca sandwiches and Puerto Rican coffee.  You can text me thanks later.  No homo.
It's been a long time since I had that.  If you made that for me, I wouldn't just text you my gratitude, I'd hug you, and I'm a great hugger, believe me. 

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
I'd hug you right back; and none of that heretical side-hugging, but real brown people Orthodox hugging.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Indeed. This is an excellent opportunity to preach her the full glory of Orthodoxy. Take a few shots and thousands around you will be saved.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
hecma925 said:
Mor Ephrem said:
hecma925 said:
Cyrillic said:
You cut me deep. You cut me real deep.  :'(

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
#DonutsAreBetterThanPeople is currently trending on Twitter, and I think I know who started it...

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
I just got called a "cuck" for opining that men should not rate women solely on their sexual abilities. Apparently this is now a controversial issue. Who knew?

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
I just got called a "cuck" for opining that men should not rate women solely on their sexual abilities. Apparently this is now a controversial issue. Who knew?
2016 will go down in history as the year in which the inmates took over the asylum.

Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
That is nuts, if that's the case I must of been a sucker for treating women like ladies (for the most part), opening doors, treating them with respect, etc. The world has gone insane!

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
Mine is among the most reputed ones in Brazil but it's not among the ones that have the highest percentage of approved lawyers in the national exams. I think these stats are bogus, though, I moved from one with a higher approval rate than the one I'm studying in now but I realise my current one has much better teachers and a more solid curriculum.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
RaphaCam said:
Mine is among the most reputed ones in Brazil but it's not among the ones that have the highest percentage of approved lawyers in the national exams. I think these stats are bogus, though, I moved from one with a higher approval rate than the one I'm studying in now but I realise my current one has much better teachers and a more solid curriculum.
Which one do you go to?

RaphaCam

Reaction score
Website
Cyrillic said:
RaphaCam said:
Which one do you go to?
Rio de Janeiro State University, I used to go to the Federal University of the State of Rio de Janeiro.

Why are the French and the English blasting frogs, though? I may start using this name.  :laugh:

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
RaphaCam said:
Cyrillic said:
RaphaCam said:
Which one do you go to?
Rio de Janeiro State University, I used to go to the Federal University of the State of Rio de Janeiro.

Why are the French and the English blasting frogs, though? I may start using this name.  :laugh:
Oh no, the English aren't frogs. They're perfectly fine and amiable. The French are frogs. It's pretty common to call them that in English. I suppose it's because the Frenchies eat frogs.

'The continent' excludes the British isles, as in "fog in the channel, continent cut off".

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
RaphaCam said:
Oh, this makes sense. Sorbonne seems to be pretty awesome though, so being #2 behind Sorbonne is OK.
At least it's better than whatever the Krauts have to offer.

Do you want to be a lawyer?

RaphaCam

Reaction score
Website
I'm not sure, in most areas there are way too many lawyers in Rio, although there are many doors open for difficult subjects like tax law (no problem for me though, I'm good in math and I like challenges) or for penal law, which is a dangerous career in this mad place, even for lawyers or public defenders ("if you don't get me out of prison, my men will kill you")... My greatest interest is in academic life, but for juridical practice I'd rather make a civil service entrance exam and try to rise up to judge, public defender, some service in these lines. And you?

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
TheTrisagion said:
2016 will go down in history as the year in which the inmates took over the asylum.
Only fools use the word "cuck".

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
He is a handsome devil.  He probably gets free bread all the time.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
True enough. Ducks are wonderful creatures. If people were more like ducks the world would be a far better place.

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
mike said:
hecma925 said:
You shouldn't feed ducks with bread.
It's fine if it's not the whole diet. Lack of protein is the problem, so I suppose American white bread would contribute.

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
mike said:
hecma925 said:
You shouldn't feed ducks with bread.
You never partook of this fun activity?
I did. But it's not good for ducks, salsy white bread. Ducks should be fed with something close to what they eat in nature, leaves, plants. Cabbage for example is good.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
A diet of sugar is bad for humans.  But once in a while is good.  Ducks get plenty of food elsewhere.

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
A diet of sugar is bad for humans.  But once in a while is good.  Ducks get plenty of food elsewhere.
Except for those that don't, such as those in popular parks. Here we have some ducks and geese of breeds that would not normally be wild, in a very popular ponds park, and several are deformed from bad nutrition.

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
A dude from Pakistan has been sending me some weird stuff on fb that he wants to become a priest in the PAOC and how I should help him (as well as his "conversion stories", various deliberations, greetings, and prayers. Frankly, I have no clue what he wants from me and I have been politely trying to make him understand he should leave me alone. He has finally started getting it.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
hecma925 said:
Except for those that don't, such as those in popular parks. Here we have some ducks and geese of breeds that would not normally be wild, in a very popular ponds park, and several are deformed from bad nutrition.
The local arboretum offers bags of duck food for 25p at the visitors' centre. Fish food as well, during the summer months. They stop feeding them in the winter months, or they'd burst - not that it stops them coming up to the edge when they see people. Biggest and boldest carp I've ever seen.

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
mike said:
A dude from Pakistan has been sending me some weird stuff on fb that he wants to become a priest in the PAOC and how I should help him (as well as his "conversion stories", various deliberations, greetings, and prayers. Frankly, I have no clue what he wants from me and I have been politely trying to make him understand he should leave me alone. He has finally started getting it.
A while back, I became acquainted with Metropolitan Mykhayil Javchak Champion of the Ukrainian Autochephalous Orthodox Church in the Americas, via Facebook.  He offered to ordain me.