Random Postings

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Went to a barber shop today.  When I saw that the Barber had a Dali-like moustache I knew I had come to the right Place.

Dominika

Taxiarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Alpo said:
Went to a barber shop today.  When I saw that the Barber had a Dali-like moustache I knew I had come to the right Place.
So, can we see the result of this visit?

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Dominika said:
Alpo said:
I want to see a picture of the barber.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Dominika said:
Alpo said:
http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=8fd5134

Didn't do anything to my hair so they look rather horrible but beard looks a bit less like a hobo now

Arachne

Toumarches
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Cirque du Soleil performance at the opening of the BAFTAs was jaw-dropping, as usual.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I support the president of Iceland: fruits should definitely not be on Pizza (exception: tomatoes)

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Suddenly snow. Something like 5cm during a single day. When I left for work around 10am it was still clear and sunny spring day. Oh well. Can't exactly complain. I love winter.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
I support the president of Iceland: fruits should definitely not be on Pizza (exception: tomatoes)
(and cucumbers/pickles)

AntoniousNikolas

Taxiarches
Reaction score
One of the great crosses we must bear as Orthodox Christians is that nine years out of ten, Shamrock Shakes are only available during the Great Fast.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Antonious Nikolas said:
One of the great crosses we must bear as Orthodox Christians is that nine years out of ten, Shamrock Shakes are only available during the Great Fast.

It, like the McRib, seems like something that (a) comes up only in Lent, and (b) appears to be more delicious than it truly is.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
My biggest problem:  Huntington, WV having the ribfest almost always during St. Mary's Fast.  It would probably be one reason why I would want a revised Julian calendar  :p

AntoniousNikolas

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Fr. George said:
Antonious Nikolas said:

It, like the McRib, seems like something that (a) comes up only in Lent, and (b) appears to be more delicious than it truly is.
I can't agree with you on point (b), Father.  In those rare off years that I have been able to partake of the Shamrock Shake, it has more than lived up to the hype.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Fr. George said:
Antonious Nikolas said:

Does anyone really believe the ingredients used in McDonald's products are sufficiently genuine to fall into "fasting" and "non-fasting" categories?  Frankly, they seem fake enough to be considered "fasting". 

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
That's what Coptic youth say when they don't want any limitations on their Taco Bell.

Justin Kolodziej

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
minasoliman said:
That's what Coptic youth say when they don't want any limitations on their Taco Bell.
I'm judging them for even liking Taco Bell.  Gross.
Because of my sins I get to work with people who want to go there all the time. :eek:
Great Lent is the perfect excuse not to. :angel:

Agabus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I had some business at a resin-producing plant yesterday, and 24-hours after breathing the production fumes of whatever it is they're manufacturing out of rosin, I'm still itchy.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
RaphaCam said:
My mother bought bone marrow jelly (which I probably hadn't eaten for years) on the first day of Cheesefare  Lord have mercy!
Just do Lent next year.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Agabus said:
I had some business at a resin-producing plant yesterday, and 24-hours after breathing the production fumes of whatever it is they're manufacturing out of rosin, I'm still itchy.
This should help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retsina (one of my favorite wines)

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
hecma925 said:
RaphaCam said:
My mother bought bone marrow jelly (which I probably hadn't eaten for years) on the first day of Cheesefare  Lord have mercy!
Just do Lent next year.
It's specially hard to do Lent any year when your local cuisine is all about churrasco.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Pope Francis proves he's just the absolute best, once again!  :police:

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
Asteriktos said:
Pope Francis proves he's just the absolute best, once again!  :police:
What has he done this time?
The media are falling all over themselves reporting how he supposedly said it's better to be an atheist than to lead a double life and be a hypocritical Catholic. From what I can tell he didn't say that, exactly, but rather said that it's common to hear other people saying that, with the implication of the Pope being that, considering the sinful way some self-professed Catholics act, it's hard to blame people for having such a low opinion of Catholics/Catholicism.

EDIT--Here's how one paper reported it: He said some of these people should also say "'my life is not Christian, I don't pay my employees proper salaries, I exploit people, I do dirty business, I launder money, [I lead] a double life'." "There are many Catholics who are like this and they cause scandal," he said. "How many times have we all heard people say 'if that person is a Catholic, it is better to be an atheist'."

And CNN reported it this way: If you're a Christian who exploits people, leads a double life or manages a "dirty" business, perhaps it's better not to call yourself a believer, Pope Francis suggested in a homily on Thursday in Rome. "So many Christians are like this, and these people scandalize others," Francis said during morning Mass at Casa Santa Marta, according to Vatican Radio. "How many times have we heard -- all of us, around the neighborhood and elsewhere -- 'But to be a Catholic like that, it's better to be an atheist.' It is that: scandal."

The paper ran with the headline: "Pope Francis: It is 'better to be an atheist than hypocritical Catholic'"  and  CNN had: "Pope suggests it's better to be an atheist than a bad Christian"

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
RaphaCam said:
hecma925 said:
RaphaCam said:
Just do Lent next year.
It's specially hard to do Lent any year when your local cuisine is all about churrasco.
With a side of beans (with meat).  Mmmmm.  You must move to Holy Russia and eat beets.

RaphaCam

Reaction score
Website
hecma925 said:
RaphaCam said:
hecma925 said:
RaphaCam said:
Just do Lent next year.
With a side of beans (with meat).  Mmmmm.  You must move to Holy Russia and eat beets.
I'll move to Holy Sertão and eat manioc with tears of repentance.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
RaphaCam said:
hecma925 said:
RaphaCam said:
hecma925 said:
RaphaCam said:
Just do Lent next year.
I'll move to Holy Sertão and eat manioc with tears of repentance.
May it be blessed.

ilyazhito

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Who is that wrestler throwing the other guy? Andre the Giant? I don't recognize the guy's face, but he is really big.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
That's Paul White, known in his early WCW days as "the Giant." He's supposedly about 7 feet tall. Here he is next to Floyd Mayweather:

RaphaCam

Reaction score
Website
RaphaCam said:
I may have taken alcohol farewell way too seriously. The girl I like doesn't know I'm drunk, God bless autocorrect.  Please pray for Maria, she likes Greek  Orthodoxy.
Wow, this was weird. I'm sorry if that disturbed anyone, I'm not some kind of drunkard, I was just drinking some beer with my family and decided to check up on OC.net.  :police: