Random Postings

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
0
Points
0
RaphaCam said:
RaphaCam said:
I may have taken alcohol farewell way too seriously. The girl I like doesn't know I'm drunk, God bless autocorrect.  Please pray for Maria, she likes Greek  Orthodoxy.
Wow, this was weird. I'm sorry if that disturbed anyone, I'm not some kind of drunkard, I was just drinking some beer with my family
Heresy. Drinking ought be done alone. Without intent of going out. We have a word ("kalsarikännit") AND and an emoji for it.

 

Agabus

Taxiarches
Joined
Apr 10, 2009
Messages
6,324
Reaction score
3
Points
0
RaphaCam said:
I was just drinking some beer with my family and decided to check up on OC.net.  :police:
Very few sinners around this place will be able to pick up any stones in that regard.
 

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
19,624
Reaction score
70
Points
48
Age
159
Location
The South
Alpo said:
RaphaCam said:
RaphaCam said:
I may have taken alcohol farewell way too seriously. The girl I like doesn't know I'm drunk, God bless autocorrect.  Please pray for Maria, she likes Greek  Orthodoxy.
Wow, this was weird. I'm sorry if that disturbed anyone, I'm not some kind of drunkard, I was just drinking some beer with my family
Heresy. Drinking ought be done alone. Without intent of going out. We have a word ("kalsarikännit") AND and an emoji for it.

I think I'm a Finn.  Thank you for sharing this.
 

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
0
Points
0
It occurred to me that I don't really need dairy products to anything anymore. Haven't had meat for a few years now and I've sometimes given an occasional thought for going Vegan but it has always felt a bit too bothersome but nowadays various meat-substitutes are so readily available around here that it doesn't seem too much of a trouble anymore. I'd probably miss fish though and I would probably starve to death if I travelled outside of Northern Europe.
 

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
16,485
Reaction score
1
Points
36
Age
38
Location
PA, USA
Alpo said:
It occurred to me that I don't really need dairy products to anything anymore. Haven't had meat for a few years now and I've sometimes given an occasional thought for going Vegan but it has always felt a bit too bothersome but nowadays various meat-substitutes are so readily available around here that it doesn't seem too much of a trouble anymore. I'd probably miss fish though and I would probably starve to death if I travelled outside of Northern Europe.
Don't you Finns eat some kind of rotting shark meat?
 

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Iconodule said:
Alpo said:
It occurred to me that I don't really need dairy products to anything anymore. Haven't had meat for a few years now and I've sometimes given an occasional thought for going Vegan but it has always felt a bit too bothersome but nowadays various meat-substitutes are so readily available around here that it doesn't seem too much of a trouble anymore. I'd probably miss fish though and I would probably starve to death if I travelled outside of Northern Europe.
Don't you Finns eat some kind of rotting shark meat?
Yes, and polar bear casserole is our national dish.
 

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
16,485
Reaction score
1
Points
36
Age
38
Location
PA, USA
Alpo said:
Iconodule said:
Alpo said:
It occurred to me that I don't really need dairy products to anything anymore. Haven't had meat for a few years now and I've sometimes given an occasional thought for going Vegan but it has always felt a bit too bothersome but nowadays various meat-substitutes are so readily available around here that it doesn't seem too much of a trouble anymore. I'd probably miss fish though and I would probably starve to death if I travelled outside of Northern Europe.
Don't you Finns eat some kind of rotting shark meat?
Yes, and polar bear casserole is our national dish.
Now that I think about it, I realize I was thinking about Iceland.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%A1karl
 

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
0
Points
0
LOL I thought you were sarcastic. Sorry for snarky response.
 

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
16,485
Reaction score
1
Points
36
Age
38
Location
PA, USA
I don't think I ever saw an explanation as to why the chat was shut down.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,121
Reaction score
44
Points
48
Age
41
The original chat? I'm not sure; lost in a crash or forum upgrade maybe? The later, unofficial chat was 'shut down,' I think, primarily because a now-banned forum member was getting a little too crazy in there; the people behind the scenes here (I think) didn't want to be even loosely associated with it. There was some discussion at the time, but the thread was moved to purgatory.

EDIT--I wonder if I'm going to get a warning for 'questioning' moderatorial action...  :-X
 

rakovsky

Toumarches
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
11,988
Reaction score
2
Points
38
Location
USA
Website
rakovskii.livejournal.com
RaphaCam said:
I realised people outside Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo don't talk on buses and only talk to each other in the lowest possible volume that the person right next to them can still hear. I feel like a barbarian inside my own country.  ???
You will fit in well in some eastern countries though.
I talk average volume for an American male and I was definitely louder than others where I visited.
 

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Joined
Oct 22, 2015
Messages
8,567
Reaction score
24
Points
38
Age
23
Location
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
rakovsky said:
RaphaCam said:
I realised people outside Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo don't talk on buses and only talk to each other in the lowest possible volume that the person right next to them can still hear. I feel like a barbarian inside my own country.  ???
You will fit in well in some eastern countries though.
I talk average volume for an American male and I was definitely louder than others where I visited.
I was actually really loud and called a lot of attention, since everybody was so quiet and I would just talk and laugh loudly, like a good carioca. I also looked like an uncaring rich white tourist (which is weird, given there's so much German immigration in the region I visited), and this is probably why I was robbed twice. And they say Rio is dangerous...
 

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Joined
Oct 22, 2015
Messages
8,567
Reaction score
24
Points
38
Age
23
Location
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
Maybe I should quit law school and study English. I would make an awful lawyer, but a great English teacher. This country needs people who teach them how to speak the XXI century language and enter the job market, not mediocre bureaucrats. Maybe I could also teach German and Spanish, but this would require further specialisation.
 

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
23,177
Reaction score
14
Points
38
Age
47
Website
archiveofourown.org
RaphaCam said:
Maybe I should quit law school and study English. I would make an awful lawyer, but a great English teacher. This country needs people who teach them how to speak the XXI century language and enter the job market, not mediocre bureaucrats. Maybe I could also teach German and Spanish, but this would require further specialisation.
Good luck.
 

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
19,624
Reaction score
70
Points
48
Age
159
Location
The South
RaphaCam said:
Maybe I could also teach German and Spanish, but this would require further specialisation.
Don't you already know Mexican?




Further specialization makes you more marketable.
 

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Joined
Oct 22, 2015
Messages
8,567
Reaction score
24
Points
38
Age
23
Location
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
biro said:
Good luck.
Asteriktos said:
Good luck, indeed!
Thanks. :) The thing is I can easily see lawyers, judges, public defenders, on some of my colleagues, while as for myself I still don't get why I'm on Law school. I almost studied German on university, but at the last moment I feared for my economical stability. Now I see how dumb it was to think studying Law would grant me anything here.

hecma925 said:
Don't you already know Mexican?

Further specialization makes you more marketable.
I know Mexican and Kraut, but I've never studied Mexican formally, and my Kraut certificate is probably insufficient. My English certificate is high tier, but I should get an actual degree to be a good and qualified teacher. I think an English degree would also qualify me to teach Portuguese.
 

rakovsky

Toumarches
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
11,988
Reaction score
2
Points
38
Location
USA
Website
rakovskii.livejournal.com
RaphaCam said:
biro said:
Good luck.
Asteriktos said:
Good luck, indeed!
Thanks. :) The thing is I can easily see lawyers, judges, public defenders, on some of my colleagues, while as for myself I still don't get why I'm on Law school. I almost studied German on university, but at the last moment I feared for my economical stability. Now I see how dumb it was to think studying Law would grant me anything here.

hecma925 said:
Don't you already know Mexican?

Further specialization makes you more marketable.
I know Mexican and Kraut, but I've never studied Mexican formally, and my Kraut certificate is probably insufficient. My English certificate is high tier, but I should get an actual degree to be a good and qualified teacher. I think an English degree would also qualify me to teach Portuguese.
What are the Barrios like?

I seen online video of not nice or likely illegal things happening in brazil.
 

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Joined
Oct 22, 2015
Messages
8,567
Reaction score
24
Points
38
Age
23
Location
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
By barrios you mean the favelas? Some of them are fine (my church is in the entrance of one and we haven't gotten much problem), some are inhospitable. I never went to the insides of a favela in my life, although I'd cross world-notorious Cidade de Deus daily.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,121
Reaction score
44
Points
48
Age
41
hecma925 said:
Ever been with a Calvinist hooker?  Utterly depraved.
That's a filthy lie! Her name was Grace, and she was irresistible!
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,121
Reaction score
44
Points
48
Age
41
Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to hug your girlfriends because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. I tell you that anyone who hugs his girlfriend, except it be a Christian side-hug, commits fornication.”

The disciples said to him, “If this is the situation between a boyfriend and girlfriend, it is better not to hug.”

Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. For there are side-huggers who were born that way, and there are side-huggers who have been made that way by others—and there are those who choose to be side-huggers for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”
 
Top