Random Postings

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
Kerdy said:
celticfan1888 said:
I always knew it was bad...but I never knew the exact numbers: About 30% of Oslo are of non-Norwegian background. Could be 50% by 2030. I think that is absurd.
I've been to Narvik.  Beautiful place!  Walked into a bank and asked the teller if she spoke English.  With a straight face she said, " I do.  Do you speak English?" 
You were going skiing I suppose? :laugh:
There was a lot of snow.  To date, it was probably my favorite place I've been outside the USA.

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:
Why do White women always fall for minority men? I mean, it seems kinda stupid 'downgrading' your status in society to that of us minorities. On the other hand, we pursue White women for the exact opposite reason, because it 'improves/upgrades' our social status in society. Why on Earth would anyone want to downgrade?
What are you talking about?  There are so many factors that go into what you are talking about we can't even discuss them all here.

Oh, random postings...carry on! ;D

Orthodox11

Archon
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
At one time, mixed couples might have been more tolerated in Europe.
Mix of what? White girl and black guy? No one would bat an eyelid. Well-to-do Egyptian Christian with a white girl? Again, nothing. A Muslim man of Pakistani origin with white girl, however, would be controversial, and the objections to such a mixed relationship will often be far stronger on the Pakistani side. Actually, objection to mixed-race relationships is something often cited by islamophobic or anti-immigration groups as proof of the reluctance of Muslim minorities to integrate and their disdain for the existing population.

Prejudice depends on which minority you're talking about. Right now, Muslims are the untouchables, and I don't think you can say American attitudes to Islam are more positive than they are in Europe. The kind of stuff said regularly by American politicians on TV, apparently considered acceptable discourse, would cost you your job in most European countries.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Orthodox11 said:
orthonorm said:
At one time, mixed couples might have been more tolerated in Europe.
Mix of what? White girl and black guy? No one would bat an eyelid. Well-to-do Egyptian Christian with a white girl? Again, nothing. A Muslim man of Pakistani origin with white girl, however, would be controversial, and the objections to such a mixed relationship will often be far stronger on the Pakistani side. Actually, objection to mixed-race relationships is something often cited by islamophobic or anti-immigration groups as proof of the reluctance of Muslim minorities to integrate and their disdain for the existing population.

Prejudice depends on which minority you're talking about. Right now, Muslims are the untouchables, and I don't think you can say American attitudes to Islam are more positive than they are in Europe. The kind of stuff said regularly by American politicians on TV, apparently considered acceptable discourse, would cost you your job in most European countries.
Talk to the black guys I knew in German, France, Austria, and Belgium.

Talk to nearly all the women I spoke with about this from those countries and more about dating a black guy.

There is a "fetish" of sorts for it, especially among the more elder single white European women. They frequent clubs usually for people more than a few decades their younger and buy black men their drinks and what not before retiring with home with them.

That is about as close I ever saw to any of the black Europeans I knew getting accepted by the women where we went.

Again, in the more hyper-ultra liberal snotty art crowd this was little different. Also I didn't see much of a taboo around in the gay bars and clubs I was in.

Different strokes.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Alpo said:
Orthodox11 said:
Speaking European racism, one of my favourite YouTube videos. The profound and timeless wisdom of the English Defence League (watch from 1min20).
Is EDL racist? I thought they were just islamophopic. Of course people in it might be racist though.
You Europeans with your sophisticated taxonomy of hate . . .
It's called not bearing false witness.

"Taxonomy of hate" sounds like a an awesome name for some band.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Pop Quiz
When you eat food how does your body know to send the left-overs to the poop chute rather than the pee tube?

A. butt gremlins visit you during the night and take care of the problem in exchange for jewels
B. intestinal bacteria are sentient and use nanotechnology to direct where waste goes
C. magic
D. none of the above

Orthodox11

Archon
Reaction score
Alpo said:
Is EDL racist? I thought they were just islamophopic. Of course people in it might be racist though.
They would say they're merely anti-Islam, but I don't think you can separate islamophobia from racism when speaking of groups like this. Elements of that religion is what causes greater division than you get with other minority groups, but that doesn't mean the EDL have the faintest idea about what Islam is, or are in a position to form nuanced theological objections to it. You can be racist without being racist to every minority, which was the point I was trying to make earlier. Most members of the EDL have no problem with interracial marriages if it's between a black guy and a white girl, or vice versa, but would consider it anathema were a "paki" involved.

That being said, you can't compare attitudes within the EDL to the overt racial ideology of the BNP.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Asteriktos said:
I need to stop posting at 2 in the morning ...  8)
Is 2am morning or night?
Finally a thinker around here.

It is clearly night.

And it belongs to the day in which you awoke.

13 hours from now here in EDT, it will be Friday 1 AM.

Unless I happen to be sleep by then, then it doesn't exist.