Random Postings

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
#storiesgirlstellguys
:) That would be brilliant. However, no, she wasn't the same person and I recognized the fact as soon as she said. The situation was eerie and disappointing.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
That story totally belongs in the orthonorm dating thread...

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
A large spider crawled out from under my fridge last night, so I killed it. I now fear that the family and friends of the spider will come for me tonight while I sleep. I sprayed insect killer stuff, but will that be enough? (I have no holy water.)

mcarmichael

Archon
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
Speaking of Poles and food, did I ever tell the story of the Polish waitress in Westchester? This was fifteen years ago when I'd just moved to New York. As a single man who was suddenly making a decent salary, I began to eat out pretty often, and one of the diners on the way home from work had a fascinating young woman working there. We seemed to feel some rapport, altho, as she is one of those that gets paid to be personable, I restrained myself from thinking much of it. Then after not having dined there in some time, I returned, was sat at the bar, and -- to my happy surprise -- this waitress began talking to me, telling me about Poland, being genuinely friendly, and this continued for some time. I was grateful enough to send her flowers. Now comes the real story -- The next time I had supper there, after the flowers, I decided to mention that I'd taken a liking to her long ago. She said, "I started working here only X weeks ago; that wasn't me; that was my twin sister. You see how I have X trait she doesn't have. She fled an abusive relationship back to Poland early this year. She's not coming back and she gave me her job."
That's funny.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Feels good to finally have a pdf of the acts of the Fifth Ecumenical Council.
A nice topic for coffee table chitchat.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Alpo said:
Cyrillic said:
Strong opinions on the Three Chapters attract all the girls.
I would strongly recommend Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future by Fr. Seraphim Rose. IIRC I actually saw some decent bargain of it somewhere online. Was somewhat tempted to buy it ironically.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Alpo said:
Cyrillic said:
Alpo said:
Cyrillic said:
Strong opinions on the Three Chapters attract all the girls.
I would strongly recommend Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future by Fr. Seraphim Rose. IIRC I actually saw some decent bargain of it somewhere online. Was somewhat tempted to buy it ironically.
Alright, I laughed.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Tomorrow to hear a lection on spiritual wisdom of Kabbalah. Hoping to hear something as bizarre as possible.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Alpo said:
Tomorrow to hear a lection on spiritual wisdom of Kabbalah. Hoping to hear something as bizarre as possible.
Make sure to wear a yarmulke.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
Alpo said:
With all-seeing eye depicted on it. Yes I will and give them a Masonic handshake.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Alpo said:
hecma925 said:
Alpo said:
With all-seeing eye depicted on it. Yes I will and give them a Masonic handshake.
Kiss them on the lips for an authentic experience.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
Alpo said:
hecma925 said:
Alpo said:
Without any prior warning. That would probably lead into Nirvanah. I'm sure there's some authentic Kabbalistic verse on Nirvanah too.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Alpo said:
hecma925 said:
Alpo said:
hecma925 said:
Alpo said:
Without any prior warning. That would probably lead into Nirvanah. I'm sure there's some authentic Kabbalistic verse on Nirvanah too.
You may pee your pants while singing Madonna's "Like a Virgin".  It's very spiritual.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
Alpo said:
hecma925 said:
Alpo said:
hecma925 said:
Alpo said:
You may pee your pants while singing Madonna's "Like a Virgin".  It's very spiritual.
Will do that while kissing my new Kabbalistic friends.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Alpo said:
hecma925 said:
Alpo said:
hecma925 said:
Alpo said:
hecma925 said:
Alpo said:
Will do that while kissing my new Kabbalistic friends.
I wish I was with you all.  I'd wear my tefillin.

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
If you wash dishes by running them under tepid water and smudging them with your thumb, we can't be friends.

mcarmichael

Archon
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
If you wash dishes by running them under tepid water and smudging them with your thumb, we can't be friends.
Touche'!

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Alpo said:
It was just as nonsense as I thought. Have to read more about it at some point. There's something endlessly intriguing about these kind of new religions.

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
Alpo said:
Alpo said:
It was just as nonsense as I thought. Have to read more about it at some point. There's something endlessly intriguing about these kind of new religions.
D00d, it's not new, Moses himself practiced it!

rakovsky

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
rakovskii.livejournal.com
Porter ODoran said:
rakovsky said:
Finish the Russian moral saying:

Strength is not in _______.

Не в ______ сила.
Water, probably.
How did you guess?

"Amber" Best beer in the world!!!
"ЯНТАРЬ" Лучшее пиво в МИРЕ!!!
https://vk.com/club27350980
Миша Пивовар 25 июн 2011.
Сила не в воде, сила в Янтаре!!!
"Strength is not in water, strength is in Amber!"

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
rakovsky said:
Porter ODoran said:
rakovsky said:
Finish the Russian moral saying:

Strength is not in _______.

Не в ______ сила.
Water, probably.
How did you guess?

"Amber" Best beer in the world!!!
"ЯНТАРЬ" Лучшее пиво в МИРЕ!!!
https://vk.com/club27350980
Миша Пивовар 25 июн 2011.
Сила не в воде, сила в Янтаре!!!
"Strength is not in water, strength is in Amber!"
Just put my mind to the most stereotypical nonsense I could think of, evidently as their advertising team does.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Alpo said:
Alpo said:
Did they talk about Madonna?

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Yesterday, I started whistling a random tune.  I knew it came from somewhere and I though about it for hours.  It ended up being Daft Punk's "Around the World".  Good times.

rakovsky

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
rakovskii.livejournal.com
I was at a baptism today of a child who looked about 1 to 2 years old. The parents answered the questions Yes, e.g.. "Do you reject Satan and accept Christ?"

Then they stepped onto the platform in front of the iconostasis and for a long extended time the child kept saying insistently and loudly No.  NO. NO! Nooooooo.......
Throughout the service like the prayers, the changing into the white robes....

What should ideally the priest do in such a situation where the infant keeps saying "Noooooo" while the parents don't succeed in getting him or her to acquiesce?

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
If I stopped doing something every time my kids said "No", not much would have ever gotten done. Kids will say "No" to food, diaper changes, bedtime and just about anything else their underdeveloped brains decide they don't want to have happen at that particular moment.

AntoniousNikolas

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
He should do what the priest did.

You don't know much about one-year-olds.
+1

TheTrisagion said:
If I stopped doing something every time my kids said "No", not much would have ever gotten done. Kids will say "No" to food, diaper changes, bedtime and just about anything else their underdeveloped brains decide they don't want to have happen at that particular moment.
+1

Since rakovsky's scared himself silly watching cornball exorcist movies lately, he's convinced there's more to this than a child's temper tantrum.  Can't you fools see the foul imp was refusing to deny his dark lord?!?

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
RaphaCam said:
Today the old idea of forming a band came back to me strongly. I wouldn't return to metalhead lifestyle, but jamming a bit with authoral music would be cool.
You, too, huh? Seems like every man here listens to that crap.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
http://www3.forbes.com/leadership/the-10-best-and-worst-masters-degrees-for-jobs-right-now/13/

;)
Make theology great again!

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
Alpo said:
Because I'd rather go to a library or to the shore than let my hair grow long again and spend my night among drug-fueled multitudes with noisy apparel that makes the best band sound like cover bands on AM stereo.

Porter ODoran said:
You, too, huh? Seems like every man here listens to that crap.
My taste for it is very limited right now. Sometimes I listen to classic heavy metal bands out of nostalgia, but it's mostly about experimental bands right now. It's been only about Agalloch, Paramaecium (the only Christian rock band that ever made my taste) and Peste Noire lately. My latest band idea is something between Agalloch and Peste Noire, but using pre-existent poetry for lyrics.