Random Postings

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Congratulations to the World Series champion SF Giants. Also respect to the Tigers. A good Series this year.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Giants won the World Series again. Makes me proud to be from the Bay Area :) We absolutely slaughtered those Tigers, they did not win a single freaking game. Losers  :D

Also, why is there always some Evangelical weirdo at every sports game flaunting a John 3:16 sign?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Salvific Prayer Discipline of St. Isaac

First make a necklace out of strong string and 37 cheerios. Then each day do a hail mary and say one Jesus prayer and make one prostration for every cheerio remaining. After you finish eat one cheerio. Do this once a day until you have one cheerio left. Then swallow the cheerio but leave the string hanging out of your mouth. Wait two hours and then pull the string out. Put the string on a plate, raise it in the air and say 13 our fathers, then burn the string. Pour the ashes into a glass with 16-17 oz. of milk and drink the mixture. This is a salvific blessing.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
This is my 1000th post already. That's a lot since my first post on august 21 of this year. I wanted to thank everyone for being awesome and this is a really nice place to be. I hope I haven't been too annoying in my first 1000 posts.

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
5 Reasons Star Wars Sequels Would Be Worse Than The Prequels

http://www.cracked.com/article/167_5-reasons-star-wars-sequels-would-be-worse-than-prequels/

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
This is my 1000th post already. That's a lot since my first post on august 21 of this year. I wanted to thank everyone for being awesome and this is a really nice place to be. I hope I haven't been too annoying in my first 1000 posts.
You're becoming one of my favorite posters here so you must've annoyed someone by now.  I'm nearing 4,000.  I'm sure I've p/o'd a few...

That person

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
JamesR said:
Giants won the World Series again. Makes me proud to be from the Bay Area :) We absolutely slaughtered those Tigers, they did not win a single freaking game. Losers   :D

Also, why is there always some Evangelical weirdo at every sports game flaunting a John 3:16 sign?
I ever get money for seats that are bound to be on camera, I'm getting an Ezekiel 23:20 sign.

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
That person said:
JamesR said:
Giants won the World Series again. Makes me proud to be from the Bay Area :) We absolutely slaughtered those Tigers, they did not win a single freaking game. Losers   :D

I ever get money for seats that are bound to be on camera, I'm getting an Ezekiel 23:20 sign.
PLEASE use the NIV version.

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
Fårikål for dinner!

Fårikål is Norway’s national dish. A casserole of seasonal lamb and cabbage makes this simple dish a favourite autumn treat. It is traditionally served with new potatoes, cowberry sauce and crispy flat bread with a cold local beer on the side (but ice water allows the flavour to be savoured).

Norwegians expect this dish to get ugly – in fact, if it looks too pretty you probably haven’t done it right. The trick to this meal is to use real mutton. Not lamb but sheep. Because mutton has lived longer it has had more chance to get cuddly. If the meat is too lean you don’t get the true Fårikål taste as the fat is supposed to soak into the cabbage.

Leftovers are a must. Like any great casserole, Fårikål will mature with age and by the fourth day, after the meat and cabbage has been eaten, the leftovers makes a great soup stock.

The third major ingredient in this dish is peppercorns and the Norwegian Fårikål Society says you don’t have to eat them if you are a ‘pyse’, which roughly translates to ‘sissy’. (Firstly, I think it is funny that a whole Society has been organised just to promote one dish, and secondly, their website is all Fårikål – you can even play a ’round-em-up’ game to see how many sheep you can get into your cooking pot!) But if you ever want to learn about real traditional fårikål, the Norwegian Fårikål Society is the place go.

Even though fårikål is traditionally made (and eaten) in Autumn there have been other versions that have obtained ‘seasonal’ status. The ‘hunting season’ dish includes juniper berries in the stock. The ‘winter season’ dish also uses juniper berries but with a dash of cumin spice for that extra warmth. For the ‘summer season’ dish, smoked lamb is used to create a deep flavour and the cabbage is steamed to retain a little crunch.

Whatever the season, when you eat fårikål it feels just like a warm hug from the inside. But there is no need for you to wait to get to Norway before trying some – why not celebrate National Fårikål day with us. On the last Thursday of September every year Norway celebrates their national dish with, of course, all you can eat fårikål! What better way to experience Norway than eating like a Norwegian?

The traditional recipe – it’s quick and easy as the dish cooks itself:
What you will need: (serves two people (double it for four)):

500g of mutton bits – on the bone (fat is good!)
1/2 small cabbage choped into 1/8
Teaspoon of peppercorns
Pinch of salt
(Boiled new potatoes for the side and a dollop cowberry/cranberry sauce)

Chuck everything into a casserole pot. Fill the pot with enough water to cover 2/3 of the ingredients. Put on the lid and bring to the boil. Let it simmer for two hours or until the meat falls off the bone. Serve in a pasta bowl – meat, cabbage, stock, peppercorns, potatoes and a dollop of cowberry sauce (cranberry would do just fine). If the dish looks ugly then it’s perfect!

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
Fårikål for dinner!

Fårikål is Norway’s national dish. A casserole of seasonal lamb and cabbage makes this simple dish a favourite autumn treat. It is traditionally served with new potatoes, cowberry sauce and crispy flat bread with a cold local beer on the side (but ice water allows the flavour to be savoured).

Norwegians expect this dish to get ugly – in fact, if it looks too pretty you probably haven’t done it right. The trick to this meal is to use real mutton. Not lamb but sheep. Because mutton has lived longer it has had more chance to get cuddly. If the meat is too lean you don’t get the true Fårikål taste as the fat is supposed to soak into the cabbage.

Leftovers are a must. Like any great casserole, Fårikål will mature with age and by the fourth day, after the meat and cabbage has been eaten, the leftovers makes a great soup stock.

The third major ingredient in this dish is peppercorns and the Norwegian Fårikål Society says you don’t have to eat them if you are a ‘pyse’, which roughly translates to ‘sissy’. (Firstly, I think it is funny that a whole Society has been organised just to promote one dish, and secondly, their website is all Fårikål – you can even play a ’round-em-up’ game to see how many sheep you can get into your cooking pot!) But if you ever want to learn about real traditional fårikål, the Norwegian Fårikål Society is the place go.

Even though fårikål is traditionally made (and eaten) in Autumn there have been other versions that have obtained ‘seasonal’ status. The ‘hunting season’ dish includes juniper berries in the stock. The ‘winter season’ dish also uses juniper berries but with a dash of cumin spice for that extra warmth. For the ‘summer season’ dish, smoked lamb is used to create a deep flavour and the cabbage is steamed to retain a little crunch.

Whatever the season, when you eat fårikål it feels just like a warm hug from the inside. But there is no need for you to wait to get to Norway before trying some – why not celebrate National Fårikål day with us. On the last Thursday of September every year Norway celebrates their national dish with, of course, all you can eat fårikål! What better way to experience Norway than eating like a Norwegian?

The traditional recipe – it’s quick and easy as the dish cooks itself:
What you will need: (serves two people (double it for four)):

500g of mutton bits – on the bone (fat is good!)
1/2 small cabbage choped into 1/8
Teaspoon of peppercorns
Pinch of salt
(Boiled new potatoes for the side and a dollop cowberry/cranberry sauce)

Chuck everything into a casserole pot. Fill the pot with enough water to cover 2/3 of the ingredients. Put on the lid and bring to the boil. Let it simmer for two hours or until the meat falls off the bone. Serve in a pasta bowl – meat, cabbage, stock, peppercorns, potatoes and a dollop of cowberry sauce (cranberry would do just fine). If the dish looks ugly then it’s perfect!
Stop it, please! You're making me hungry.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
No offense, but being a fatty Mexican-American, your food sorta looks like crap to me. But I'm sure mine does to you as well!  :D

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
JamesR said:
No offense, but being a fatty Mexican-American, your food sorta looks like crap to me. But I'm sure mine does to you as well!  :D
I like Mexican food too! Well, I eat a lot of Hispanic food as my fiancee is Puerto Rican (I'll mention it for the thousandth time, for Orthonorm's sake). :D