• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Random Postings

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
40,340
Reaction score
822
Points
113
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
It's times like these that I wish I played the lottery.
 

AntoniousNikolas

Taxiarches
Joined
Dec 4, 2002
Messages
7,237
Reaction score
9
Points
0
Location
East Coast, USA
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Oriental Orthodox Church
If anyone is mad at me or has been offended by any of my recent posts...good!  :laugh:
 

mcarmichael

The City of New Orleans
Post Moderated
Muted
BANNED
Joined
May 2, 2015
Messages
2,553
Reaction score
59
Points
48
Location
North America
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
TBD
RobS said:
Guys, I don't think I want to live to a ripe old age. Maybe up to 50 and that's it. What's the benefit of living healthy when you are gonna get old, feeble, decrepit, deal with health issues etc anyway?

I'd rather burn out early.
You'll burn out eventually. No need to rush it.
 

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
21,477
Reaction score
1,392
Points
113
Age
161
Location
Wandering Fool
Faith
Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
Jurisdiction
Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
Antonious Nikolas said:
If anyone is mad at me or has been offended by any of my recent posts...good!  :laugh:
Sieg Heil to the President Gasman.
 

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
3,980
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Age
35
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
What % of OCnetters does not heed safety warnings and will be losing some eyesight today?
 

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Joined
May 8, 2014
Messages
12,135
Reaction score
6
Points
38
Age
50
Location
Eugene, OR
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
GOAA
I'm sorry, I'm blind now and can't read your posts. I'll be posting my own thoughts at random from now on. See if anybody notices a difference.
 

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
3,980
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Age
35
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
Mor Ephrem said:
ZealousZeal said:
What % of OCnetters does not heed safety warnings and will be losing some eyesight today?
Please make this a poll!
I'm thinking somewhere around 65%.
 

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Joined
May 8, 2014
Messages
12,135
Reaction score
6
Points
38
Age
50
Location
Eugene, OR
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
GOAA
Porter ODoran said:
Asteriktos said:
I'm gonna use a mirror so I'll be ok!
;D
There actually were some idiotic young women looking in the creek this morning. Staring away at the reflection and talking about what they saw. The eclipse had barely begun.
 

AntoniousNikolas

Taxiarches
Joined
Dec 4, 2002
Messages
7,237
Reaction score
9
Points
0
Location
East Coast, USA
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Oriental Orthodox Church
Whenever I hear the words "Total eclipse of the sun" I automatically think of...

 

Quinault

Protokentarchos
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
4,979
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
44
Location
Seattle, WA
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
RobS said:
Guys, I don't think I want to live to a ripe old age. Maybe up to 50 and that's it. What's the benefit of living healthy when you are gonna get old, feeble, decrepit, deal with health issues etc anyway?

I'd rather burn out early.
My husband has degenerative disc disease with partial paralysis. If he exercises regularly he feels much better. The degree to which people are feeble, decrepit, or ill in general isn't entirely outside of their control. Genetics play a role, but unless you have something that is unavoidably degenerative like Huntingtons even your genetics don't necessarily doom you to a miserable old age.
 

AntoniousNikolas

Taxiarches
Joined
Dec 4, 2002
Messages
7,237
Reaction score
9
Points
0
Location
East Coast, USA
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Oriental Orthodox Church
mcarmichael said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Whenever I hear the words "Total eclipse of the sun" I automatically think of...
Meatloaf?
Not my style, but I get the joke.  :)

Porter ODoran said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Whenever I hear the words "Total eclipse of the sun" I automatically think of...

Totally mesmerizing.
I know, right?  How'd the eclipse go for you, Port?
 

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Joined
May 8, 2014
Messages
12,135
Reaction score
6
Points
38
Age
50
Location
Eugene, OR
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
GOAA
Girls and I had a nice time, of awe, and of socializing with neighbors. My five-year-old decided it was the moon blocking the sun before I had a chance to explain. Three-year-old, on the other hand, kept saying something was taking bites out of the sun. :)
 

AntoniousNikolas

Taxiarches
Joined
Dec 4, 2002
Messages
7,237
Reaction score
9
Points
0
Location
East Coast, USA
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Oriental Orthodox Church
Porter ODoran said:
Girls and I had a nice time, of awe, and of socializing with neighbors. My five-year-old decided it was the moon blocking the sun before I had a chance to explain. Three-year-old, on the other hand, kept saying something was taking bites out of the sun. :)
Both good answers.  And the latter is at least as logical as a co-worker of mine - who I must stress is a forty-something year old woman, not a child - shying away from looking at a photograph of the eclipse on my phone lest the photo blind her.  ::)
 

AntoniousNikolas

Taxiarches
Joined
Dec 4, 2002
Messages
7,237
Reaction score
9
Points
0
Location
East Coast, USA
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Oriental Orthodox Church
ZealousZeal said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Never seen you in Granbury, Texas USA. >Waves!<
My best friend lived in Granbury! Her family still does. Now she lives in Michigan, so let's all take a minute and say a prayer for her.
How did I miss this?!?  So what's the place actually like?  Based on the posts of one of its most prominent citizens here, I'm picturing some surreal, Lynchian take on a small, dusty Texas town with some sinister force lurking just below the surface, replete with eccentric and perhaps dangerous locals.  Not dangerous as in they'll rob you, but dangerous as in if you touch one on the shoulder, you'll be catapulted into a bizarre and unfathomable dimension you might never find your way out of.
 

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Joined
May 8, 2014
Messages
12,135
Reaction score
6
Points
38
Age
50
Location
Eugene, OR
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
GOAA
Antonious Nikolas said:
Porter ODoran said:
Girls and I had a nice time, of awe, and of socializing with neighbors. My five-year-old decided it was the moon blocking the sun before I had a chance to explain. Three-year-old, on the other hand, kept saying something was taking bites out of the sun. :)
Both good answers.  And the latter is at least as logical as a co-worker of mine - who I must stress is a forty-something year old woman, not a child - shying away from looking at a photograph of the eclipse on my phone lest the photo blind her.  ::)
Goodness.
 

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
16,486
Reaction score
27
Points
38
Age
40
Location
PA, USA
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Patriarchate of Johnstown
Porter ODoran said:
Three-year-old, on the other hand, kept saying something was taking bites out of the sun. :)
I like that kids can think such things and simultaneously not be horrified. My co-worker's kid was with him at a baseball game the other day. Helicopters were hovering above and the kid expressed the straight-faced conviction that they were Decepticons preparing to lay waste to the stadium.

 

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Joined
May 8, 2014
Messages
12,135
Reaction score
6
Points
38
Age
50
Location
Eugene, OR
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
GOAA
Iconodule said:
Porter ODoran said:
Three-year-old, on the other hand, kept saying something was taking bites out of the sun. :)
I like that kids can think such things and simultaneously not be horrified. My co-worker's kid was with him at a baseball game the other day. Helicopters were hovering above and the kid expressed the straight-faced conviction that they were Decepticons preparing to lay waste to the stadium.
Oh yeah she was totally fine with it. Anxiety such as in adults is learned behavior, altho of course some children also suffer from it.
 

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
3,980
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Age
35
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
Antonious Nikolas said:
Porter ODoran said:
Girls and I had a nice time, of awe, and of socializing with neighbors. My five-year-old decided it was the moon blocking the sun before I had a chance to explain. Three-year-old, on the other hand, kept saying something was taking bites out of the sun. :)
Both good answers.  And the latter is at least as logical as a co-worker of mine - who I must stress is a forty-something year old woman, not a child - shying away from looking at a photograph of the eclipse on my phone lest the photo blind her.  ::)
God bless.
 

AntoniousNikolas

Taxiarches
Joined
Dec 4, 2002
Messages
7,237
Reaction score
9
Points
0
Location
East Coast, USA
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Oriental Orthodox Church
ZealousZeal said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Porter ODoran said:
Girls and I had a nice time, of awe, and of socializing with neighbors. My five-year-old decided it was the moon blocking the sun before I had a chance to explain. Three-year-old, on the other hand, kept saying something was taking bites out of the sun. :)
Both good answers.  And the latter is at least as logical as a co-worker of mine - who I must stress is a forty-something year old woman, not a child - shying away from looking at a photograph of the eclipse on my phone lest the photo blind her.  ::)
God bless.
Amen.
 

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Apr 29, 2015
Messages
8,517
Reaction score
1,576
Points
113
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Today I learned about the dowel and tenon center set.  I also learned a handy trick for using peg board as a guide to drill your adjustable shelf pin holes.  I like it when Youtube makes my life easier.  ;D
 

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
40,340
Reaction score
822
Points
113
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
My main complaint about archaeology.org is that the articles are all way too short. Where's the beef?
 

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
16,486
Reaction score
27
Points
38
Age
40
Location
PA, USA
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Patriarchate of Johnstown
I admit to enjoying Buffy/ Angel. He writes funny dialogue and good characters. But it is definitely trash. Unfortunately despite him being revealed to be a horrible person people will still think he is a good artist.
 

RobS

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jul 30, 2014
Messages
3,918
Reaction score
2
Points
38
Iconodule said:
I admit to enjoying Buffy/ Angel. He writes funny dialogue and good characters. But it is definitely trash. Unfortunately despite him being revealed to be a horrible person people will still think he is a good artist.
What I hate is his non-stop glib sarcastic quips that feed into each other writing style has pervaded and ruined dialogue in media IMO.
 

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
16,486
Reaction score
27
Points
38
Age
40
Location
PA, USA
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Patriarchate of Johnstown
RobS said:
Iconodule said:
I admit to enjoying Buffy/ Angel. He writes funny dialogue and good characters. But it is definitely trash. Unfortunately despite him being revealed to be a horrible person people will still think he is a good artist.
What I hate is his non-stop glib sarcastic quips that feed into each other writing style has pervaded and ruined dialogue in media IMO.
I agree, and to add insult to injury the legions of imitators don't do it very well. All the shallowness, none of the wit.
 

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Apr 29, 2015
Messages
8,517
Reaction score
1,576
Points
113
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
I was getting worried.  ;)
 

RobS

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jul 30, 2014
Messages
3,918
Reaction score
2
Points
38
I think Eriugena might be my favorite philosopher...
 

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
16,486
Reaction score
27
Points
38
Age
40
Location
PA, USA
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Patriarchate of Johnstown
I need to read me some Eriugena.
 

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Joined
Oct 22, 2015
Messages
10,156
Reaction score
1,323
Points
113
Age
25
Location
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
Faith
Big-O Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Exarchate of Gotham City
I'm starting to reconsider the idea of moving to Portugal, too bad law education isn't very easily recognised abroad. If I went there early enough, though, I could continue it. Some credits could be assimilated.
 

RobS

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jul 30, 2014
Messages
3,918
Reaction score
2
Points
38
I'm at OHare airport and the powerade is cheaper than a bottle of water. 5 bucks for 20oz. Gouging!

 

RobS

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jul 30, 2014
Messages
3,918
Reaction score
2
Points
38
RaphaCam said:
I'm starting to reconsider the idea of moving to Portugal, too bad law education isn't very easily recognised abroad. If I went there early enough, though, I could continue it. Some credits could be assimilated.
Why do you want to move to Portugal?
 
Top