Random Postings

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Theophania said:
I met TheTrisagion on Sunday and it was just about what I expected.
Harrisburg that bad of a place?

William T

Archon
Reaction score
Agabus said:
William T said:
Agabus said:
William T said:
Agabus said:
I haven't seen "Mother!", but from what I can gather Aronofsky made an Aronofsky film, and for some reason people are surprised that it's polarizing?
The quality of his films are a bit shaky.  I remember watching pi in college and liking it... after that his work is all over the place.  He might be a bit overrated
He is overrated.

But he's also not as bad as his critics' histrionics would imply.
Oh I wasn't aware he was targeted in moral crusades,  yeah if that's the case that's not good.

I was just thinking about a film like black swan where I wasn't sure if it was good or not.  To a lesser extant Christopher Nolan has similar problems with story.  I like Nolan more,  but it's a good comparison.
Black Swan was 65 percent good. The 35 percent that was bad, though, was pretty dumb.
I just read about Mother, my impression is that it's the worst of Aronfvsky.  Some overly symbolic thing that teenage / college boys may get into to annoy their parents and/or seem profound when they try and pick up girls.  It's the Requiem of a Dream for the new generation.  I liked that movie when it first came out, I'm embarrassed about that fact now.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Antonious Nikolas said:
Cyrillic said:
RobS said:
Cyrillic said:
Thanks. What boredom and 5 minutes of Photoshop can make you do.
Make me one...of whoever!
Here you go.

It's like he's warping reality around him.
That's what you can do once you have achieved a sufficiently high level of theosis.

AntoniousNikolas

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Cyrillic said:
RobS said:
Cyrillic said:
Thanks. What boredom and 5 minutes of Photoshop can make you do.
Make me one...of whoever!
Here you go.

It's like he's warping reality around him.
That's what you can do once you have achieved a sufficiently high level of theosis.
I've seen Mina Soliman do it in person.  It's kinda scary.

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll have to crop it later to fit the avatar dimensions better.

Updated my faith/jurisdiction info too.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Just be careful, demons are capable of doing similar things!

Agabus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Whenever I see a social media post that begins with, "Most people won't read past..." I think to myself, "You're damn right," and keep scrolling.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Agabus said:
Whenever I see a social media post that begins with, "Most people won't read past..." I think to myself, "You're damn right," and keep scrolling.
Now you get bad luck for a year and 28 kittens die.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Small World. Fr. John from SVS was visiting our cathedral in Helsinki today.

Dominika

Taxiarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Alpo said:
I think the Finnish Orthodox Church has good relations with the OCA and particulary its seminaries, doesn't have?

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Dominika said:
Alpo said:
I think the Finnish Orthodox Church has good relations with the OCA and particulary its seminaries, doesn't have?
I believe that's the case. I also saw a picture of Metr. Tikhon visiting Helsinki some years back. Somewhat ironic since EP doesn't recognize their status and we're under EP. IIRC some decades ago when their then Metropolitan was invited to visit Finland EP intervened and told us to rescind the invitation. I guess nowadays the OCA-EP relations have gotten a bit better.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
I don't think you trust in my self-righteous suicide.  I cry when angels deserve to die.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
I don't think you trust in my self-righteous suicide.  I cry when angels deserve to die.
Here's the thing, you need to treat all women with respect, cause what you give is what you get. That's straight from the mouth of Daddy Dada.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
hecma925 said:
Here's the thing, you need to treat all women with respect, cause what you give is what you get. That's straight from the mouth of Daddy Dada.
It's just wrong and illegal, too.

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
Isn't that from an Armenian OO hymn?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Opus118 said:
I'm with the camp of 13 million Americans that believe politicians are, or are controlled by, Reptilians*. I think only monks can solve this problem. It doesn't seem right that they prefer to ignore it.

*April 2, 2013 PPP poll
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_National_ConspiracyTheories_040213.pdf
A company named Bethesda has been working on this problem for some time. Here's an image of what one of the Reptilians may have looked like shortly after it was captured in 2011:

And here is an artistic recreation of some of the monks they have been working with:

Progress has been slow, however.

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
So an updated version of the Romanian guide for confession contains this:
"I have eaten ( made others eat) abomination ( 'spurcăciune') , that is a live animal , human meat, satanic sacrifices, uncleanliness."

William T

Archon
Reaction score
augustin717 said:
So an updated version of the Romanian guide for confession contains this:
"I have eaten ( made others eat) abomination ( 'spurcăciune') , that is a live animal , human meat, satanic sacrifices, uncleanliness."
I don't get it:  you should confess if you broke a major dietary rule like that.  There is nothing on it's own eccentric about listing that in a confession guide.