Random Postings

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Iconodule said:
Maybe it's the concrete but it is a very grim-looking structure. Hopefully they will paint the concrete some brighter colors? As of now it looks like a tank built by Daleks.
I actually like it that way. Not sure if it looks like a church yet but it's IMO more interesting than original Hagia Sophia.

Dominika

Taxiarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Alpo said:
Iconodule said:
Maybe it's the concrete but it is a very grim-looking structure. Hopefully they will paint the concrete some brighter colors? As of now it looks like a tank built by Daleks.
I actually like it that way. Not sure if it looks like a church yet but it's IMO more interesting than original Hagia Sophia.
This is a visualisation. So it will be probably white and green or white and gold:

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Dominika said:
Alpo said:
Iconodule said:
This is a visualisation. So it will be probably white and green or white and gold:
That's something like I was expecting. Looks a lot more like a church.

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
I like it. I'm still a little skeptical of the concrete... even when painted, concrete depresses me for some reason. Maybe that's just my problem.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Iconodule said:
I like it. I'm still a little skeptical of the concrete... even when painted, concrete depresses me for some reason. Maybe that's just my problem.
You can make beautiful things from concrete. See Brutalism Appreciation Society on FB for examples.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Iconodule said:
Yeah, I've seen the allegedly beautiful brutalist stuff.
Maybe I'm weird but I actually find many examples beautiful. I should sometimes make some trip to Eastern Europe just to see horrible Soviet architecture.

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
My university's having funding problems, so they closed the refectory, so some Communists and Anarchists occupied the building and are cooking the food themselves for students. They let me in after it was already closed, so I ate only with the occupiers. It was a bit strange, I feared someone would abuse me after seeing me pray, but it was OK.

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
RaphaCam said:
My university's having funding problems, so they closed the refectory, so some Communists and Anarchists occupied the building and are cooking the food themselves for students. They let me in after it was already closed, so I ate only with the occupiers. It was a bit strange, I feared someone would abuse me after seeing me pray, but it was OK.
Wow. Reminds me of this story from Greece last year.

In my experience though, anarchists are terrible cooks.

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
Iconodule said:
RaphaCam said:

My experience too! It would be funny if we are both thinking of the same occasion.

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
Iconodule said:
RaphaCam said:

My experience too! It would be funny if we are both thinking of the same occasion.
If you've been to one horrible anarchist vegan potluck you've been to them all. It's kind of like the eucharist except with seitan and overwhelming body odors.

mcarmichael

Archon
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Could-be career inner-trucker day.
I would be a better trucker today if I could be a trucker today.
truck
trucks trucks
three

Turns out that trucks are trucks (Cont'd)

mcarmichael

Archon
Post Moderated
Reaction score
I'm not drunk, yet I am drunk. I am drunk.
A little bit. I drunk a little bit of a very fine Chelada. About 40 ounces. Not a ridiculous amount, especially considering the very low Abv. But dollar for dollar? No.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
mcarmichael said:
I'm not drunk, yet I am drunk. I am drunk.
A little bit. I drunk a little bit of a very fine Chelada. About 40 ounces. Not a ridiculous amount, especially considering the very low Abv. But dollar for dollar? No.
mcarmichael,

You're out of control again, I see.  Let me help you. 

Thirty (30) points for spamming the forum overnight. 

If you would like to appeal this decision, please PM LizaSymonenko, the global moderator overseeing this section. 

Mor Ephrem, section moderator 

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
I drove by a byzantine catholic sect today.  I had no overwhelming desire to see what was inside.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
I drove by a byzantine catholic sect today.  I had no overwhelming desire to see what was inside.
Hope you spat and made sign of the cross upside down while passing it.

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
So KIM Davis is on a tour in Romania and she's meeting every single metropolitan it seems.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
augustin717 said:
So KIM Davis is on a tour in Romania and she's meeting every single metropolitan it seems.
That woman who was protesting in middle America? (I forget about what)

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
augustin717 said:
That woman who was protesting in middle America? (I forget about what)
she was in jail for 5 days for court contempt or something. Gay marriage related

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
No matter that she's a modalist Pentecostal. The magical ecumenism of teh gay covers all doctrinal quibbles.

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Iconodule said:
No matter that she's a modalist Pentecostal. The magical ecumenism of teh gay covers all doctrinal quibbles.
she's accompanied by a Romanian guy working as an atto for Liberty Counsel that left the Orthodox Church for some Baptist sect.

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Lord if it is in your will, please be merciful towards our country and guide Kim Davis towards monastic tonsure in Romania.

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
RobS said:
Lord if it is in your will, please be merciful towards our country and guide Kim Davis towards monastic tonsure in Romania.
or at least elope with one of their eminences