• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Random Postings

wynd

High Elder
Reaction score
Ian Lazarus said:
So are th kids that banged their heads on the piano keys following the "Oh I'll never get it right!  NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!" puppet. 
You sure you aren't quoting Smithers?

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
It was "Don Music" on Sesame Street who would band his head on the piano:
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Don_Music

Ebor

wynd

High Elder
Reaction score
There was a Simpsons episode where Smithers did that. I wonder if one copied the other.

Smithers: "Don't let me off the hook that easily sir. I failed you and I'll never forgive myself. Never never never never..." (Burns puts up limo wall, blocking out Smithers... limo phone rings, picks it up) "Never never never!"

ytterbiumanalyst

Merarches
Reaction score
And the Simpsons is well known for subtle pop culture references, something I'm glad to see Seth MacFarlane picked up on. "Family Guy" is this generation's Simpsons.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Jakub said:
They lost to Illinois...

BC lost to Maryland

ND lost to Air Force

Film @ 10
Yeah, and thanks to the Fighting Illini, my Ducks just moved up to 2nd in the BCS standings, and this after taking the weekend off.  GO DUCKS! ;D  Quack!  Quack!

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
Boy do I feel foreign in this conversation. 
Hmm... Serbski - why do you feel that way?  Maybe we should just speak louder- then you'd understand!

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Since we've counted posts on this thread before: what's up with the HUGE volume lately?  I'd like to thank the CAF Refugees for their coming to the forum - yesterday was a record posting day, and today is (so far) 3rd most all time - and we've still got 3.25 hours!

Athanasios

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Hello,

cleveland said:
Since we've counted posts on this thread before: what's up with the HUGE volume lately?  I'd like to thank the CAF Refugees for their coming to the forum - yesterday was a record posting day, and today is (so far) 3rd most all time - and we've still got 3.25 hours!
Yup, we're a talkative bunch.  :laugh:

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Jakub said:
Just got my Duck tags... ;)

james

BC & USC Fan...
Okay, but where are BC and USC now?  Certainly not in contention (anymore) for a berth in the championship game.  And the Ducks beat USC, so there!  Eat that! 8)

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Athanasios said:
Hello,
Yup, we're a talkative bunch.  :laugh:
Just wait.  For some reason December is normally a high volume month (must be euphoria over the holidays)...

Pravoslavbob

Protokentarchos
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
cleveland said:
And then talking about it online.
What?  Huh?  Which Llama is under discussion here?  I don't get it.  Is it the one over there by the fence?

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Pravoslavbob said:
What?  Huh?  Which Llama is under discussion here?  I don't get it.  Is it the one over there by the fence?
The Chief Llama doesn't appreciate being spoken to in such a way.

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
The one-L lama
He's a priest.
The 2-L llama
he's a beast....

(Ogden Nash)

Athanasios

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Hello,

There's a farm museum near me that is run by the Cleveland Metroparks system. Every year they have something called Fiber Fest (at least that was the name last year). Part of the exhibit are llamas and alpacas.

There was one goat named Figaro. I went to see him being sheared at the exhibition. He baaaaahhhed the whole time. It was funny. At the end, he got up and wet all over the freshly shorn wool; almost like he was saying: Take my wool will you!  ;D

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I don't know.  But a person who raised them along with sheep told me once that llamas make terrific 'guard dogs'.  They're very protective of the sheep and will take on a coyote and stamp it to death if possible.

Ebor

greekischristian

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ytterbiumanalyst said:
Post #1000! Cue the streamers and balloons!  8)
Also of significance, as of right not Anastasios stands at 666 new topics. It's a good thing I don't believe in numerology. ;)

Jibrail Almuhajir

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Athanasios said:
And don't llamas and alpacas spit like camels?

Heck yes!  Once I was meandering down a country road (lots of 'em 'round here) and chanced upon a small herd of llamas in a field.  I stopped my car and rolled the window down to get a better look at them, which in turn enticed them to come and get a better look at me.  As we stared at one another (this in itself is quite comical), one of them came up to the barbed wire fence.  I don't know why, but I instinctively rolled my window up and none too soon!  This one, at least, had quite a good aim. :D

aurelia

High Elder
Reaction score
I'd like to direct you to the Llamalopolis Chrionicles, if you care to read them.  Since you all seem to like Llamas. Goofy story place of mine (can I post this link? it isnt another forum, just a site).

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
ytterbiumanalyst said:
I thought they were supposed to be pacifists.... 
... Stupid llama once took the arm of my buddy off in Doubleya-doubleya Two.  But I got that son of a llama with my sidearm...

Ian Lazarus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
We stop the progression of this thread to say that Ebor has just been sacked. ;D