• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Random Postings

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Joined
Oct 22, 2015
Messages
8,664
Reaction score
103
Points
63
Age
23
Location
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
20,190
Reaction score
347
Points
83
Age
159
Location
The South
RaphaCam said:
hecma925 said:
hecma925 said:
Mor Ephrem said:
hecma925 said:
schismatic Russian?
What jurisdiction?
Antonis said:
My guess is one of the ROCA offshoots.
Yes.
I had an Agafangelastic time.  Thanks to OCnet, I said all the right things and fit right in.
"yeah, tovarisch, ROCOR is soooo Sergianist"
Close.  It went like this:

Them: Oh, where are you from?
Me:  From [City].
Them:  Oh wow, there are no Orthodox churches there.
Me:  No, there aren't.  There are about 15 World Orthodox parishes.  You know how that is.
Them:  Oh, we're so glad you came here.  You can't be too careful.

Seriously, that interaction did happen, but I could not have asked for a better experience.  The parishioners were very kind to me.
 

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Joined
Oct 22, 2015
Messages
8,664
Reaction score
103
Points
63
Age
23
Location
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
Asteriktos said:
RaphaCam said:
I'll interview Alain Soral on Skype tomorrow.
This one? ???
Yeah, he's crazy, but I like his intellectual production (cf. Comprendre l'empire) and find him a very interesting character. I wasn't the one to go after him, though, I was asked for that because of my intermediate French skills.
 

Antonis

Archon
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Feb 13, 2010
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
0
Points
0
hecma925 said:
RaphaCam said:
hecma925 said:
hecma925 said:
Mor Ephrem said:
hecma925 said:
schismatic Russian?
What jurisdiction?
Antonis said:
My guess is one of the ROCA offshoots.
Yes.
I had an Agafangelastic time.  Thanks to OCnet, I said all the right things and fit right in.
"yeah, tovarisch, ROCOR is soooo Sergianist"
Close.  It went like this:

Them: Oh, where are you from?
Me:  From [City].
Them:  Oh wow, there are no Orthodox churches there.
Me:  No, there aren't.  There are about 15 World Orthodox parishes.  You know how that is.
Them:  Oh, we're so glad you came here.  You can't be too careful.

Seriously, that interaction did happen, but I could not have asked for a better experience.  The parishioners were very kind to me.
Lying World-Chalcedonian liar!
 

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
20,190
Reaction score
347
Points
83
Age
159
Location
The South
Antonis said:
hecma925 said:
RaphaCam said:
hecma925 said:
hecma925 said:
Mor Ephrem said:
hecma925 said:
schismatic Russian?
What jurisdiction?
Antonis said:
My guess is one of the ROCA offshoots.
Yes.
I had an Agafangelastic time.  Thanks to OCnet, I said all the right things and fit right in.
"yeah, tovarisch, ROCOR is soooo Sergianist"
Close.  It went like this:

Them: Oh, where are you from?
Me:  From [City].
Them:  Oh wow, there are no Orthodox churches there.
Me:  No, there aren't.  There are about 15 World Orthodox parishes.  You know how that is.
Them:  Oh, we're so glad you came here.  You can't be too careful.

Seriously, that interaction did happen, but I could not have asked for a better experience.  The parishioners were very kind to me.
Lying World-Chalcedonian liar!
When the deacon asked me to go out in the alleyway to fetch some boxes, I knew my time was up.  I skedaddled outta there with my sergianist life.
 

William T

Archon
Joined
May 22, 2015
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
37
Location
Chicago
BREAKING NEWS......


https://pitchfork.com/news/diddy-changes-his-name-again/?mbid=social_facebook

https://www.buzzfeed.com/sheridanwatson/sean-combs-has-changed-his-name-again?utm_term=.yiXVVxewp#.pkv55PyQA

Puff Daddy, P. Diddy, Sean Combs, Puffy, Diddy, the artist formely known as Puff Daddy, P. Diddy, Diddy, Puffy has changed his name to Brotherly Love
 

Alpha60

Taxiarches
Joined
Mar 14, 2017
Messages
5,793
Reaction score
8
Points
0
Location
Alphaville Zone Sud
hecma925 said:
RaphaCam said:
hecma925 said:
hecma925 said:
Mor Ephrem said:
hecma925 said:
schismatic Russian?
What jurisdiction?
Antonis said:
My guess is one of the ROCA offshoots.
Yes.
I had an Agafangelastic time.  Thanks to OCnet, I said all the right things and fit right in.
"yeah, tovarisch, ROCOR is soooo Sergianist"
Close.  It went like this:

Them: Oh, where are you from?
Me:  From [City].
Them:  Oh wow, there are no Orthodox churches there.
Me:  No, there aren't.  There are about 15 World Orthodox parishes.  You know how that is.
Them:  Oh, we're so glad you came here.  You can't be too careful.

Seriously, that interaction did happen, but I could not have asked for a better experience.  The parishioners were very kind to me.
You could have asked for an experience in which that did not happen.  What you describe is typical of the nauseating nature of that jurisdiction; sanctimonious beyond belief and filled with nothing but hatred for the canonical churches.  That said, their music and liturgics are quite nice, but I could say the same thing about Episcopalians.  I would argue Episcopalians probably do a better job in terms of Christian vocation than ROCA-A, given the fairly respectable charitable infrastructure they have.
 

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
16,486
Reaction score
9
Points
38
Age
38
Location
PA, USA
The ROCA-A parish near me started because one of the OCA parishioners decided he didn't like the fact that the deacon distributed communion.
 

Alpha60

Taxiarches
Joined
Mar 14, 2017
Messages
5,793
Reaction score
8
Points
0
Location
Alphaville Zone Sud
hecma925 said:
I simply can not wait to be a bishop/forum admin.  I must consult with wgw over which vestments to pick.  I know he'll have lots of swatches.
I believe it contrary to the spirit of the ancient canons for a bishop to be a forum admin.  More specifically, any bishop who personally admins any kind of webpage is more likely than not a vagante; I think if a bishop "has his own website" that is not in fact the production of some diocesan secretary or assistant, this automatically identifies him as a vagante, because amy canonical bishop either lacks the time, in the case of the pious and decent bishops, or else views such work as beneath their most gracious eminence, in the case of the more disagreeable bishops.

I would also propose that while forum administration is best done in bed or on a sofa wearing nothing more than sleepwear, it would be almost infinitely amusing to see Hecma perform such work while wearing a Papal tiara.  Indeed, procuring a replica of the sedia gestatoria might well add to the ceremonial splendour.  A replica modernized of course with electrical outlets for your laptop, USB ports for the charging of your iPad, cupholders for the obligatory Cyber-Pontifical Coffee, and wireless charging for your brand new iPhone X (now, the real question: will Facial Recognition work whilst wearing the Papal tiara?)
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,497
Reaction score
264
Points
83
Age
41
hecma925 said:
Speaking of which, as I approach 36,000 posts I was recently thinking, with fear and trembling, of a passage in the Collected Wisdom of Abba Hezekiah. "Woe to you, you writers of epistles who talk and talk despite having nothing worth saying. Know that with each letter you write a demon inspects the contents, looking for something with which to accuse you on judgment day--maybe an unjust condemnation of your brother here, or an idle aside or meaningless theological speculation there. And then consider: hard it shall be for those who face the taunts of six demons on that fearful day, but can anyone have hope who will have to face six times six thousand?"
 

Antonis

Archon
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Feb 13, 2010
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Alpha60 said:
hecma925 said:
I simply can not wait to be a bishop/forum admin.  I must consult with wgw over which vestments to pick.  I know he'll have lots of swatches.
I believe it contrary to the spirit of the ancient canons for a bishop to be a forum admin.  More specifically, any bishop who personally admins any kind of webpage is more likely than not a vagante; I think if a bishop "has his own website" that is not in fact the production of some diocesan secretary or assistant, this automatically identifies him as a vagante, because amy canonical bishop either lacks the time, in the case of the pious and decent bishops, or else views such work as beneath their most gracious eminence, in the case of the more disagreeable bishops.

I would also propose that while forum administration is best done in bed or on a sofa wearing nothing more than sleepwear, it would be almost infinitely amusing to see Hecma perform such work while wearing a Papal tiara.  Indeed, procuring a replica of the sedia gestatoria might well add to the ceremonial splendour.  A replica modernized of course with electrical outlets for your laptop, USB ports for the charging of your iPad, cupholders for the obligatory Cyber-Pontifical Coffee, and wireless charging for your brand new iPhone X (now, the real question: will Facial Recognition work whilst wearing the Papal tiara?)
Oh boy, I sure hope for his sake Bp. Irenei Steenberg no longer manages Monachos, or he might fall under Alpha's condemnation! ;)

In all seriousness, bishops throughout their long history have almost always managed something beyond simply the spiritual lives of their flocks. Certainly there would be some discussion to be had regarding a bishop managing an extra-diocesan internet forum, but I wouldn't be so quick to lay down judgement here.
 

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Joined
May 22, 2011
Messages
15,089
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Age
34
RaphaCam said:
The interview with Soral went alright, despite some technical problems and my difficulty to articulate the language in the first minutes. He's much nicer than I expected.
Awesome.
 

Alpha60

Taxiarches
Joined
Mar 14, 2017
Messages
5,793
Reaction score
8
Points
0
Location
Alphaville Zone Sud
Antonis said:
Alpha60 said:
hecma925 said:
I simply can not wait to be a bishop/forum admin.  I must consult with wgw over which vestments to pick.  I know he'll have lots of swatches.
I believe it contrary to the spirit of the ancient canons for a bishop to be a forum admin.  More specifically, any bishop who personally admins any kind of webpage is more likely than not a vagante; I think if a bishop "has his own website" that is not in fact the production of some diocesan secretary or assistant, this automatically identifies him as a vagante, because amy canonical bishop either lacks the time, in the case of the pious and decent bishops, or else views such work as beneath their most gracious eminence, in the case of the more disagreeable bishops.

I would also propose that while forum administration is best done in bed or on a sofa wearing nothing more than sleepwear, it would be almost infinitely amusing to see Hecma perform such work while wearing a Papal tiara.  Indeed, procuring a replica of the sedia gestatoria might well add to the ceremonial splendour.  A replica modernized of course with electrical outlets for your laptop, USB ports for the charging of your iPad, cupholders for the obligatory Cyber-Pontifical Coffee, and wireless charging for your brand new iPhone X (now, the real question: will Facial Recognition work whilst wearing the Papal tiara?)
Oh boy, I sure hope for his sake Bp. Irenei Steenberg no longer manages Monachos, or he might fall under Alpha's condemnation! ;)

In all seriousness, bishops throughout their long history have almost always managed something beyond simply the spiritual lives of their flocks. Certainly there would be some discussion to be had regarding a bishop managing an extra-diocesan internet forum, but I wouldn't be so quick to lay down judgement here.
Monachos would definitely be an exception; I had no idea Bishop Irenei ran that site.  Although I would hope he doesn't have to do the coding or low level system administration.

Bishop Alexander Mileant of eternal memory from ROCOR built a beautiful apologetics website, which is still hosted by a member of the Agafangel group.  So that would be another case of an episcopal webmaster, and in his case he did program everything, but he also had an engineering background and was at the very least, a "power user," and the website is basic static HTML, pretty well organized, however.
 

Alpha60

Taxiarches
Joined
Mar 14, 2017
Messages
5,793
Reaction score
8
Points
0
Location
Alphaville Zone Sud
Mor Ephrem said:
Alpha60 said:
Bishop Alexander Mileant of eternal memory from ROCOR built a beautiful apologetics website, which is still hosted by a member of the Agafangel group. 
I loved that site!  Great resource back in the day.
You can still love it: http://www.fatheralexander.org

I think it remains a splendid resource.  I love the liturgical coverage, I love the excerpts from the older version of The Orthodox Church by Metropolitan Kallistos, I love the heresiology and discussion of the dangers of occult practices.

I just hope the woman who hosts it, who is an acquaintance, continues to host it.  I am still greatly frustrated with the loss of Occidentalis, which was another awesome ROCOR website.
 

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
20,190
Reaction score
347
Points
83
Age
159
Location
The South
Alpha60 said:
hecma925 said:
RaphaCam said:
hecma925 said:
hecma925 said:
Mor Ephrem said:
hecma925 said:
schismatic Russian?
What jurisdiction?
Antonis said:
My guess is one of the ROCA offshoots.
Yes.
I had an Agafangelastic time.  Thanks to OCnet, I said all the right things and fit right in.
"yeah, tovarisch, ROCOR is soooo Sergianist"
Close.  It went like this:

Them: Oh, where are you from?
Me:  From [City].
Them:  Oh wow, there are no Orthodox churches there.
Me:  No, there aren't.  There are about 15 World Orthodox parishes.  You know how that is.
Them:  Oh, we're so glad you came here.  You can't be too careful.

Seriously, that interaction did happen, but I could not have asked for a better experience.  The parishioners were very kind to me.
You could have asked for an experience in which that did not happen.  What you describe is typical of the nauseating nature of that jurisdiction; sanctimonious beyond belief and filled with nothing but hatred for the canonical churches.  That said, their music and liturgics are quite nice, but I could say the same thing about Episcopalians.  I would argue Episcopalians probably do a better job in terms of Christian vocation than ROCA-A, given the fairly respectable charitable infrastructure they have.
I'd rather die than step in an episcopalian sect.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,497
Reaction score
264
Points
83
Age
41
RaphaCam said:
Asteriktos said:
RaphaCam said:
I'll interview Alain Soral on Skype tomorrow.
This one? ???
Yeah, he's crazy, but I like his intellectual production (cf. Comprendre l'empire) and find him a very interesting character. I wasn't the one to go after him, though, I was asked for that because of my intermediate French skills.
Interview for a university newspaper or something?
 

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Joined
Oct 22, 2015
Messages
8,664
Reaction score
103
Points
63
Age
23
Location
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
Asteriktos said:
Interview for a university newspaper or something?
For a politics (mostly geopolitics, but also identitarian politics) study group. It went alright, the video stopped working ten minutes into the interview, but we were just going to keep it as a souvenir. The audio is fine and this is what actually matters. I'll try to write it down, send it to a French friend who'll correct mistakes and fill in gaps, and then translate it to Portuguese.

Our cabbage-breathed friend probably thinks he's a Nazi because some strong anti-Zionistic remarks by Soral have been taken as anti-Semitic, and he actually made a very anti-Semitic joke on Facebook once, for which he was fined. Not a worse joke than I, a 1/4 Jew, say among friends, but still something you shouldn't tell in public or on Christmas dinners.

 

RobS

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jul 30, 2014
Messages
3,918
Reaction score
0
Points
36
O4C let's go out with a bang... 8)
 

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
1
Points
0
RaphaCam said:
...and he actually made a very anti-Semitic joke on Facebook once, for which he was fined. Not a worse joke than I, a 1/4 Jew, say among friends, but still something you shouldn't tell in public or on Christmas dinners.
Having an inappropriate sense of humour I hate this sort of thing. Everything shouldn't be said in public but it seems that everything is public these days and basically anyone can get accused of pretty much anything.
 

William T

Archon
Joined
May 22, 2015
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
37
Location
Chicago
I didn't know how much secret knowledge and truth the internet held.  It's like I eat a red pill and wake up from the matrix everytime I search google for the truth.

Check out this stuff from truth sears Mitchell & Webb, it shows how the world REALLY is, it'll expand your mind man:



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5muY64Oyp10&t=309s
 

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
1
Points
0
I cannot make apostrophe with my wireless keyboard. It is not a problem in Finnish as it is used only in very few instances but it certainly makes English quite complicated. It feels silly write some words without clipping.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,497
Reaction score
264
Points
83
Age
41
Could xOrthodox4Christx, Rob, nothing, or shiny explain what the deal is with your signatures? ???  :angel:
 

RobS

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jul 30, 2014
Messages
3,918
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Asteriktos said:
Could xOrthodox4Christx, Rob, nothing, or shiny explain what the deal is with your signatures? ???  :angel:
I cribbed it from O4C, as a display of solidarity.
 
Top