• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Random Postings

Pravoslavbob

Protokentarchos
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction
OCA
Who would cross the Bridge of Death must answer me these questions three, ere the other side he see.

Luke

Merarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of San Francisco
^An African or European swallow?

Dominika

Merarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Patriarchate/POC
Yesterday's Liturgy "main" at my parish: still quite a lot of Ukrainians (but behaving as should at church, it wasn't so obvious not long time ago), Gospel only in Church Slavonic (not to mention Epistle and other chants), more Ukrainian melodies than usually (including for Our Father) and... Sermon in Ukraianian by Ukraian priest that came to us temporary and is helping. Only announcments in Polish. I've been destroyed, left for the sermon time nad came back before the Cherubic Hymn. Not only me was disappointed. Also there was one inquier into Orthodoxy that was shocked. Not to mention old calendar as we have had this now for a few years but still some people including me do not accept it.

I know from (I think) another parish one convert (he's been Orthodsox for 15 years) with his family hasn't been to his parish for one month because bad situation with Ukrainian immigrants at his church...

If it at least it was marked that's Liturgy for Ukrainians, I'd go for earlier Liturgy or to parish that uses only Polish and is new calendar (unique one in area of many kilometres).

hurrrah

Elder
Warned
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
ROC
I remember how I did not like it when the serving hieromonk read the Gospel in French... Well, maybe they will bring the practice of your parish closer to the traditions of the Church.

hurrrah

Elder
Warned
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
ROC
Calendar. New/old, all that...

hurrrah

Elder
Warned
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
ROC
Not in France, in Russia. That's why I didn't like it.

hurrrah

Elder
Warned
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
ROC
No. I suppose the priest was guided by the idea that the Gospel is addressed to all the peoples of the Earth... However, I do not understand how he moved from this perfectly fair thought to the need to read French for Russian parishioners.
Young. With un-outlived enthusiastic fantasies. I remember what a blow the theft was for him when his silver pectoral cross was stolen...

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
Wasn't going to sign in again, but I daily (not even exaggerating) think about how many things I've gotten wrong over the years, so that should really be my last post here--acknowledging that fact. I'm not going to put anything in my signature or whatever about it, but I thought I should mention it. Godspeed, fair oc.netizens!

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
Faith
Big-O Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Exarchate of Gotham City
Wasn't going to sign in again, but I daily (not even exaggerating) think about how many things I've gotten wrong over the years, so that should really be my last post here--acknowledging that fact. I'm not going to put anything in my signature or whatever about it, but I thought I should mention it. Godspeed, fair oc.netizens!
Well, that's pretty sad.

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Whete’s the hug emoji when you need it?? 😢

hurrrah

Elder
Warned
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
ROC
Do you want to see the mercy of God? Here:
20220626_121250.jpg
I wanted to ask for a thousand rubles for my salary today, after the service I go to the candle shop, start a conversation - and the candle woman gives me this thousand: "here, take it."
Yes, and pray for Catherine. She really needs help now.

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
I just learned delivery robots exist. 🤖

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
@RaphaCam Yeah, I don't pay attention to stuff like that; it's not really relevant to my lifestyle and location, so it's just not on my radar. 🤷‍♀️ I'm kind of wondering what happens when the person can't meet the robot at the door. How does that work? And a bunch of other random troubleshooting questions it serves me no purpose to wonder. (Which might be why I keep so many things off my radar. ☺)

RaphaCam

Reaction score
Website
Faith
Big-O Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Exarchate of Gotham City
@RaphaCam Yeah, I don't pay attention to stuff like that; it's not really relevant to my lifestyle and location, so it's just not on my radar. 🤷‍♀️ I'm kind of wondering what happens when the person can't meet the robot at the door. How does that work? And a bunch of other random troubleshooting questions it serves me no purpose to wonder. (Which might be why I keep so many things off my radar. ☺)
I had no idea delivery robots existed. There are laws here protecting workers against mechanisation, so deliveries are mostly done by bikers. Every neighbourhood has its own "delivery guys street", where they gather to chat and smoke weed. Very dangerous work ethics, if you ask me.

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
I had no idea delivery robots existed. There are laws here protecting workers against mechanisation, so deliveries are mostly done by bikers. Every neighbourhood has its own "delivery guys street", where they gather to chat and smoke weed. Very dangerous work ethics, if you ask me.
Oh. I always assume everyone else knows things already. Glad it's not just me. ☺ I'm not sure about the smoking thing, but I like that they work to keep people employed.

Bizzlebin

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Geek
Custom Tau Day 2020 Poster

Here is a poster I made a few years ago, and brought out again today; hopefully the resolution is good enough to read. I was out all day putting up signs, canvassing, and more—lots of interest. Quite a successful day, lol!

RaphaCam

Reaction score
Website
Faith
Big-O Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Exarchate of Gotham City
View attachment 20950

Here is a poster I made a few years ago, and brought out again today; hopefully the resolution is good enough to read. I was out all day putting up signs, canvassing, and more—lots of interest. Quite a successful day, lol!
So you're a fundie!

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
It's clearly almost the Dormition Fast...

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Warned
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Faith
Episcopal
Jurisdiction
Diocese of Florida
Actor Tony Day passed away. He played Wally in the American television comedy "Leave it to Beaver."

Rest in peace.

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Actor Tony Day passed away. He played Wally in the American television comedy "Leave it to Beaver."

Rest in peace.
Memory eternal.

RaphaCam

Reaction score
Website
Faith
Big-O Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Exarchate of Gotham City
I never thought I'd say this, but I'm seriously considering joining the police as a commissioner once I complete my education. 👮 Becoming a judge is the top priority, but it's good to keep options open.
That's a bittersweet read, since finishing my education was severely postponed, and last year I was going to do the examinations for all types of available non-military police officer positions that didn't have to deal with bodies.