Random Postings

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ozgeorge said:
I'm sitting here, completely surrounded by an absence of beer!
So, Ozgeorge...when did you leave Australia?  ;)

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I'm sitting here, completely surrounded by an absence of beer!
Well enjoy yourself, it's not easy to get away from the horrible-tasting stuff!

Marat

Elder
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
DUDE....Utah...the alcohol is only sold there one day a week!!!!!! (i've been told)
LOL. I lived in Utah before.

Scratch what I wrote before. I looked it up instead. You can buy liquor any day of the week except Sunday at state liquor stores. You can read the rest of the weird laws there here. http://www.fortogden.com/utahliqlaw.html

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like Utah is a big believer in 3.2% beer...(((shudder))) :eek:

dantxny

High Elder
Reaction score
Huh, I was always told that Utah had easy liquor laws for all the tourists . . . then again, I don't actually know anyone who's ever touristed there.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
Mountaniers and football fans  ;) ;D

Both of whom should never be given liquer!!  ;D :p
You know who else shouldn't get it?  People who can't spell liquor! :p

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
I may or may not have been speaking english when I was writing that last post...

Cut a guy some slack...i've been in the Eastern Block for 4 days now, I don't can't even talk to the Greek guys in english anymore... ;) ;D
It's okay... Not like the Greek guys understood your english to begin with ;) (jk)

Marat

Elder
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
How's everyone's holiday's going? 
A few weeks ago when shopping with my sister/roommate I noticed her looking at some pearl earrings but wouldn't spend the money on herself for them. When she left, I bought the earrings for her for Christmas. Yesterday she went to the store and was showing me what she bought. She bought the same earrings for herself finally. So now I have to come up with something to replace them in the few days left. I have no idea what to get now. Grrr.

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
Can you return the pearls?  IF you're gona go with Jewelry go with earings...can't lose with that!   ;) ;D
Unless your wife is horribly allergic to direct skin contact with all but the most pure gold that has been mined by virgins wearing white, with all equipment used in the process being pulled by unicorns fed marigold petals (only a slight exageration here...)

My wife can or will wear her wedding band, and sometimes a necklace. Earrings are something that I can guarantee will basically stay in the box!

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
FrChris said:
Unless your wife is horribly allergic to direct skin contact with all but the most pure gold that has been mined by virgins wearing white, with all equipment used in the process being pulled by unicorns fed marigold petals (only a slight exageration here...)

My wife can or will wear her wedding band, and sometimes a necklace. Earrings are something that I can guarantee will basically stay in the box!
I'm sure she'd love a present like Civ IV or AOE III.... I mean, the whole "two are one flesh" thing, and since we know you would love them, that means she would too! ;) I'm sure she would get hours of enjoyment out of the games... and maybe a few other fellows in the house would as well :D

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
While I'm am early by about 4 hours, I want to add to this by marking that it was one year ago today that I started this thread with wondering if the forum would break the 100,000 post mark by New Years, since at that time we were at 99,000 or so.  Now look at us, over 141,000 (and if we hadn't had that month off, who knows what we'd be at.)

:D  ;)

Ebor

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ebor said:
While I'm am early by about 4 hours, I want to add to this by marking that it was one year ago today that I started this thread with wondering if the forum would break the 100,000 post mark by New Years, since at that time we were at 99,000 or so.  Now look at us, over 141,000 (and if we hadn't had that month off, who knows what we'd be at.)

:D  ;)

Ebor
You deserve a pat on the back for starting this thread!  May you live to see it reach 100,000 posts of its own!