• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Re: For Nancy, Frank's widow, now also departed

Alpha60

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Yesterday Nancy died unexpectedly.  She was literally mid sentence when her heart stopped and the paramedics diagnosed asystole, with no attempts at resuscitation successful despite immediate CPR and a full spectrum of treatments.  It was like someone flicked a switch.  I loved nancy very much; she was like a grandmother to me, since my father’s grandmother died years before I was born.  So in eight days Ive lost my best friend and his widow who was like a grandmother.

The only consolation I have in her case is she was a Christian, she loved the Orthodox church and was going to join our parish, she is with Frank now, and her death would have been completely painless.

Frank and Nancy 1939-2020 Memory Eternal

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh wow.  Memory eternal.