• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Rotation of troparia for the hours, double rank, during afterfeast on weekday

Bob2

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
According to:
“The Order of Divine Services”
According to the usage of the Russian Orthodox Church.

Troparion of the forefeast or feast; Glory… of the saint (if there be troparia for two saints, they are alternated).
It doesn't indicate how they alternate.

I would assume  1st saint at 1st, and 6th hours, and 2nd at 3rd and 9th, but I'm not sure because outside of and an afterfeast the kontakia or the hours alternates in the opposite fashion.

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
Jurisdiction
Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
Isn't there a ranking where one saint is "higher" than the other?

Bob2

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
hecma925 said:
Isn't there a ranking where one saint is "higher" than the other?
Yes, you look at which has stichera first at LIHC, and the order of the canons, but interestingly enough the 2nd saint for tomorrow is actually a "bigger" saint, but it happens to be secondary feast day for that saint.

Tomorrow, is Photius and Anicetas (first set), and Maximus the Confessor, with afterfeast of Transfiguration.

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
Jurisdiction
Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad

Dominika

Merarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Patriarchate/POC
I suppose most of parishes ommit one saint, brutally spekaing. Tehcnically, I don't have any idea, I haven't found any clues in the Great Serbian Typicon, as it assuems in the tiem of the afterfeast of Transfiraution there is only one great(er) saint mentioned daily.

Bob2

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
I just assumed 1st sets of Sts for the first hour and alternated from there, no one went running from the church and it didn't burst into flames, so I guess it was ok.