• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Rumors or actual possibility? (Constantinople/Rome Union)

Irish45

Reaction score
The ironic thing is that said unity would create division, especially among the Orthodox(if the Catholics didn’t recant on all the known doctrinal differences. Unity with one doctrine and one Church would be a miracle. The differences between Churches is too vast to reunite without divine intervention. If we do unite, I pray that the Orthodox protect their beautiful and ancient Divine Liturgy.

rakovsky

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
rakovskii.livejournal.com
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Orthodox Church in America
The priest of the Ukrainian Orthodox cathedral in Ottawa reposed, and now the church announced that a Roman Catholic church is holding a memorial mass at the request of a Catholic women's league.

...why?

View attachment 20700

And the UOCC parish I currently attend is listed as a prominent financial donor to the Ukrainian Catholic church down the street. The church is identified as the donor, not any individual or member of the church. Why are my tithes to an Orthodox church directly or indirectly being used to support a Catholic church?
The Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Canada (UOCC; French: Église orthodoxe ukrainienne du Canada) is an Eastern Orthodox church in Canada, primarily consisting of Orthodox Ukrainian Canadians. Its former name (before 1990) was the Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Church of Canada (UGOCC). The Church, currently a metropolis of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, is part of the wider Eastern Orthodox communion, however was created independently in 1918.
SOURCE:
WIKIPEDIA