• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Saint Ezra?

Sleeper

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the OT figure and author is considered a saint? I have found an icon of him but only one, and the OCA site has a feast of December 13, but no info about him, no troparia, etc.

I'm just not finding much and was curious if anyone had access to better sources or could offer any insight?

Thanks!

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
Sleeper said:
Does anyone know if the OT figure and author is considered a saint? I have found an icon of him but only one, and the OCA site has a feast of December 13, but no info about him, no troparia, etc.
Thanks!
You sure it's December 13, and not 2nd Sunday before Christmas? Because that would be the good day to commemorate him. The collective troparion also would be used. As most Old Testament saints he won't have a separate feast.

Svirsky

Reaction score
He is very likely a saint, considering he was a prophet, but I was not able to find a service or troparion for him. In fact, he wasn't even on my church calendar for the day of his feast (actually Dec. 14th), so I guess he's not too popular. If you wanted to use a troparion for him, you could possibly use either a troparion from the general menaion (best) or use the Holy Forefathers troparion.

Troparion, In Tone II:

Celebrating the memory * of Thy holy Prophet [name], * we pray Thee O Lord, * that by his intercessions * we may save our souls.

Prophet service from the general menaion:
http://st-sergius.org/services/menaion/Prophet.html