• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Saint Florian - patron Saint of firefighters.

Michael1950

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Greek Orthodox Church
I was wondering if anyone could help me concerning the life of Saint Florian.

I am a retired firefighter and St. Florian is our patron Saint. He was executed during the Diocletian prosecutions ca. 304AD - which makes him an Ecumenical Saint. I know that instead of the proscribed Imperial execution method of burning Christians at the stake he was drowned in the river Enns (ironic, since firefighters utilize water to extinguish fires about 95% of the time).

I have worn his medal along with my  Cross for nearly 40 years and have prayed for his intercession many times.

I just wanted to know if anyone knows of any writings by him or any other useful information on his life.

Saint Florian intercede for us at the Seat of Christ.

Glory to the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit, now and forever. Amen. Amen. Amen.

znqn

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Московский Патриархат
Lives of the first Christians terse.

Irened

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
GOARCH
Here is a quote from Wiki:

"If you wish to know that I am not afraid of your torture, light the fire, and in the name of the Lord I will climb onto it."