• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Save Our Churches - Letter Campaign

Menas17

Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antioch

“To make one thing clear, we aren’t anti-Greek, anti-Russian, anti-Serbian, etc. Our goal is to take the medical tyranny, “modernization” and the financial turmoil of our churches into our own hands. We never want another schism. The Orthodox Faith is worth fighting for - so we must start - and that has to be from somewhere.

In order to take medical tyranny in the Orthodox Church into our own hands - it is requested that every person on this channel sends a letter to the Patriarch of Constantinople.

The worst that can happen is this doesn’t work.

A group of mass letters to the Patriarch is wayyy better than digital signatures on a petition. Physical mail is good to prove that the people are strong in faith, will go out of their way to be heard, and a good way to guarantee someone in that office had physical letters in their hand. One letter with thirty signatures isn’t like having 30 letters physically sitting on a desk... remember that. A digital petition reported on ex: change.org can easily be taken down because these commies aren’t on our side... “

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
uocofusa.org
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
I cannot open the letter. What are we saving our churches from?

rakovsky

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
rakovskii.livejournal.com
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Orthodox Church in America
A digital petition reported on ex: change.org can easily be taken down because these commies aren’t on our side... “
I like Communism: Acts 4:32-35
But it is separate than the Church closure issue.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Warned
Reaction score
Faith
No
Jurisdiction
No
Medical tyranny?

Also, who are you calling a Communist?

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
I cannot open the letter. What are we saving our churches from?
vaccines, apparently. The letter wants Archbishop Elipidophoros to resign for advocacy for COVID vaccines.

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Higher Criticism
Jurisdiction
Dutch

rakovsky

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
rakovskii.livejournal.com
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Orthodox Church in America
I think that's more voluntary communalism than Communism.
Acts is both. Further, Communism and Communalism are both separate issues from overreactions over COVID. They are both positive ideals.
China is nicely dedicated to positive Communism, but unfortunately does not have Communism.

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Acts is both. Further, Communism and Communalism are both separate issues from overreactions over COVID. They are both positive ideals.
China is nicely dedicated to positive Communism, but unfortunately does not have Communism.
Tell that to Mother Alexandra.

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
uocofusa.org
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
vaccines, apparently. The letter wants Archbishop Elipidophoros to resign for advocacy for COVID vaccines.
Thank you.

I cannot believe how these vaccines have polarized people. Usually sane people (on both sides) are losing their minds... and acting anything but Christian.

I completely understand the hesitancy of the vaccine... it's unknown future effects, the fact that it is globally being mandated, the fact that is smacks of warnings from Revelations, etc. I also completely understand the need and efficacy of vaccines in general.

Whether someone choses to get vaccinated or not, we ought to still treat them as we would any other person, on any other day (pre-Covid).... which is with love and compassion.

While it does have a semblance to the "mark of the beast"... by accepting the "Mark" in Revelations, the person would have to willfully be rejecting Christ. That is where the sin would lie... not so much in the mark itself, but, in the rejection of God.

By being vaccinated, I do not believe anyone has actually decided to deny Christ, but, rather to save their own lives, and those of others.

I am not advocating for, nor against the vaccine. Everyone has the same materials to read and think about, and make up their own minds. I love the vaccinated, and I love the unvaccinated... and it kills me that we are at each other's throats over this... which if anything... is leading us further from God, rather than nearer... no matter how valid we believe our reasoning.

There are a number of things about this Archbishop which I find questionable, however, vaccines are not one of them. The Church ought not mandate medical procedures (outside those that harm life - aka abortion, self harm, drug addiction, etc.)... and are a personal decision. The However, the Church certainly can and should make recommendations with the intent to preserve the life of every member. Choose as best you can, with the information you have at hand.... may God be with you.

Myy

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Patriarchate of Romania
Thank you.

I cannot believe how these vaccines have polarized people. Usually sane people (on both sides) are losing their minds... and acting anything but Christian.

I completely understand the hesitancy of the vaccine... it's unknown future effects, the fact that it is globally being mandated, the fact that is smacks of warnings from Revelations, etc. I also completely understand the need and efficacy of vaccines in general.

Whether someone choses to get vaccinated or not, we ought to still treat them as we would any other person, on any other day (pre-Covid).... which is with love and compassion.

While it does have a semblance to the "mark of the beast"... by accepting the "Mark" in Revelations, the person would have to willfully be rejecting Christ. That is where the sin would lie... not so much in the mark itself, but, in the rejection of God.

By being vaccinated, I do not believe anyone has actually decided to deny Christ, but, rather to save their own lives, and those of others.

I am not advocating for, nor against the vaccine. Everyone has the same materials to read and think about, and make up their own minds. I love the vaccinated, and I love the unvaccinated... and it kills me that we are at each other's throats over this... which if anything... is leading us further from God, rather than nearer... no matter how valid we believe our reasoning.

There are a number of things about this Archbishop which I find questionable, however, vaccines are not one of them. The Church ought not mandate medical procedures (outside those that harm life - aka abortion, self harm, drug addiction, etc.)... and are a personal decision. The However, the Church certainly can and should make recommendations with the intent to preserve the life of every member. Choose as best you can, with the information you have at hand.... may God be with you.
Agios Paisios has a prophecy about these vaccines: "Listen, there's going to be a desease, for which they'll make a vaccine, but in order to give it to someone, they will mark him". It's so clear that this marking is the one in the Revelation 13:18 ! How can people ignore God's Words?! People, what do you want to save yourself from, and with what? With a vaccine? Do you know how vaccines were firstly created, developed and tested? The science behind them is morally wrong from the start. Did Holy Martirs try to save their lives? We will die sooner or later, let's hope we will die with Christ in our souls, and without the mark of the beast in our bodies.

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Why doesn’t this apply to other vaccines?

Menas17

Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antioch
Helleniscope (take it for what it’s worth) has been pushing for this for quite some time. The Archbishop has angered many Greeks in the archdiocese

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Does it matter?
Jurisdiction
Unverifiable, so irrelevant
Agios Paisios has a prophecy about these vaccines: "Listen, there's going to be a desease, for which they'll make a vaccine, but in order to give it to someone, they will mark him". It's so clear that this marking is the one in the Revelation 13:18 ! How can people ignore God's Words?! People, what do you want to save yourself from, and with what? With a vaccine? Do you know how vaccines were firstly created, developed and tested? The science behind them is morally wrong from the start. Did Holy Martirs try to save their lives? We will die sooner or later, let's hope we will die with Christ in our souls, and without the mark of the beast in our bodies.

He has a prophecy about -some- vaccine.... unless one is claiming to be a prophet and knowing that this is what the prophecy is 100% referring to......

Nothing will save the Church but Christ.... and honestly its already been saved through him....nothing will defeat it.... or is that part -not- true...
To assume some letter writing campaign that will remove -one- Bishop of the worldwide church will -save- our Churches.....that's a pretty self centered idea.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Warned
Reaction score
Faith
No
Jurisdiction
No
My country has passed 800,000 deaths from the virus. Yes, I know someone who died.

No, vaccines are not the mark of the Beast. St. John didn’t say they were.

I wish Menas could go to a hospital and visit someone on a ventilator.

Since so many people have refused to use the vaccine, in my country, even though it is free and widely available, we may be stuck with waves of the virus for many years to come. Virus evolve.

Lord have mercy.

Myy

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Patriarchate of Romania
My country has passed 800,000 deaths from the virus. Yes, I know someone who died.

Since so many people have refused to use the vaccine, in my country, even though it is free and widely available, we may be stuck with waves of the virus for many years to come. Virus evolve.

Lord have mercy.
St John didn't say that, but St. Paisios did. And the Holy Spirit is the same in St. John as in St. Paisios.

Myy

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Patriarchate of Romania

Lord have mercy.
Saint John neither said that the RFID Chip is the mark of the beast, but other saints said so, by translating the book of Revelation, through the Holy Spirit that was in them, and (at least let's hope) we believe them.

Myy

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Patriarchate of Romania
He has a prophecy about -some- vaccine.... unless one is claiming to be a prophet and knowing that this is what the prophecy is 100% referring to......

Nothing will save the Church but Christ.... and honestly its already been saved through him....nothing will defeat it.... or is that part -not- true...
To assume some letter writing campaign that will remove -one- Bishop of the worldwide church will -save- our Churches.....that's a pretty self centered idea.
I wonder if the Holy Spirit is still in that "bishop", as long as they do and say thing against Christ, Holy Parents, and Holy Canons, i really doubt that God's hand is still over them.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Warned
Reaction score
Faith
No
Jurisdiction
No
Lord have mercy.

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
uocofusa.org
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
He has prophesied many things, including wars. I do not doubt what he says... nor do I outright dismiss the hesitation towards the vaccines. The current vaccination push does resemble what we've been warned of, it does include mRNA, was devised initially (even though it was decades ago) through aborted fetal cells, etc. There are many reasons to hesitate, not to mention the unknown future effects upon the human body. It is still experimental.

However, when I hear the vaccinated condemn the unvaccinated to death; and the unvaccinated condemn the vaccinated to hell... it is clear that the greatest impact of virus and vaccine has been to rob us of our love and compassion for each other.... and thereby, distance us from God, through our loss of love to our neighbors.

I also do not believe that everyone who is vaccinated, is vaccinated because they are so desperate to live that they have sold their souls and betrayed God. No. This is not the case. Our bodies are a gift from God to us, and we are to take care of them. Therefore, we exercise, take vitamins, get casts put on our broken bones, remove our sick appendix, etc. I believe that the majority of those taking the vaccine are doing just this... keeping their bodies healthy, and attempting not to sicken those around them. I do not think many have actually accepted the vaccine merely out of comfort or to make life easier. Therefore, it is wrong to condemn those who are vaccinated... I do not believe they have willfully betrayed or denied Christ.

Either way... move on with your lives. It is not for us to judge or condemn the vaccinated or not vaccinated. Instead, lets all join and pray that the Lord puts an end to the virus. He has calmed storms, has stilled earthquakes, has walked upon water, and is victorious over death itself... do you think He cannot simply make the virus vanish if He chooses to do so? ....but, are any of us worthy of the intervention?

Myy

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Patriarchate of Romania
He has prophesied many things, including wars. I do not doubt what he says... nor do I outright dismiss the hesitation towards the vaccines. The current vaccination push does resemble what we've been warned of, it does include mRNA, was devised initially (even though it was decades ago) through aborted fetal cells, etc. There are many reasons to hesitate, not to mention the unknown future effects upon the human body. It is still experimental.

However, when I hear the vaccinated condemn the unvaccinated to death; and the unvaccinated condemn the vaccinated to hell... it is clear that the greatest impact of virus and vaccine has been to rob us of our love and compassion for each other.... and thereby, distance us from God, through our loss of love to our neighbors.

I also do not believe that everyone who is vaccinated, is vaccinated because they are so desperate to live that they have sold their souls and betrayed God. No. This is not the case. Our bodies are a gift from God to us, and we are to take care of them. Therefore, we exercise, take vitamins, get casts put on our broken bones, remove our sick appendix, etc. I believe that the majority of those taking the vaccine are doing just this... keeping their bodies healthy, and attempting not to sicken those around them. I do not think many have actually accepted the vaccine merely out of comfort or to make life easier. Therefore, it is wrong to condemn those who are vaccinated... I do not believe they have willfully betrayed or denied Christ.

Either way... move on with your lives. It is not for us to judge or condemn the vaccinated or not vaccinated. Instead, lets all join and pray that the Lord puts an end to the virus. He has calmed storms, has stilled earthquakes, has walked upon water, and is victorious over death itself... do you think He cannot simply make the virus vanish if He chooses to do so? ....but, are any of us worthy of the intervention?
Yes! Vaccines were developed, created and tested on aborted fetal cells, that are still used in many vaccines. It doesn't matter that the child was KILLED by his/her criminal mother, years or decades ago, and the cells were collected and grown in a lab's culture. They still come from a fetus, and to kill is crime. This is the crime behind the vaccines and why are they, first of all, MORALLY wrong. After that, based on prophecies and on Scriptures, we can say that the Covid and it's vaccine has to do with the Antichrist and with the 666.

God can stop this pandemic, but He won't. Why? Because literally no one cares about Him. No one prays Him, no one thinks about His words, no one puts hope in Him, but in vaccines. People wear masks in the Churches and kiss the Holy Icons with masks on= iconoclasm, actually they kiss the masks. People get Holy Eucharisty which is the most powerful medication in the world, is CHRIST HIMSELF, with single-use spoons, will CHRIST HIMSELF harm them? Will God Who died on Cross for us, infect them with "covid"? See? This is why we deserve what happenes nowadays. We accepted ecumenism in Church, and many other heresyes, we accepted the closing of our churches, the "distance", the masks, we acceped everything they threw to us, while if Saints like Saint Vasilios would live nowadays, they would better die than go to Church with mask on.

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
uocofusa.org
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Yes! Vaccines were developed, created and tested on aborted fetal cells, that are still used in many vaccines. It doesn't matter that the child was KILLED by his/her criminal mother, years or decades ago, and the cells were collected and grown in a lab's culture. They still come from a fetus, and to kill is crime. This is the crime behind the vaccines and why are they, first of all, MORALLY wrong. After that, based on prophecies and on Scriptures, we can say that the Covid and it's vaccine has to do with the Antichrist and with the 666.

God can stop this pandemic, but He won't. Why? Because literally no one cares about Him. No one prays Him, no one thinks about His words, no one puts hope in Him, but in vaccines. People wear masks in the Churches and kiss the Holy Icons with masks on= iconoclasm, actually they kiss the masks. People get Holy Eucharisty which is the most powerful medication in the world, is CHRIST HIMSELF, with single-use spoons, will CHRIST HIMSELF harm them? Will God Who died on Cross for us, infect them with "covid"? See? This is why we deserve what happenes nowadays. We accepted ecumenism in Church, and many other heresyes, we accepted the closing of our churches, the "distance", the masks, we acceped everything they threw to us, while if Saints like Saint Vasilios would live nowadays, they would better die than go to Church with mask on.
While I agree with much of what you said... aka aborted fetal cells... I have to disagree about the masks in church.

The church building is not itself immune from compromise. After all, it is just a building. Satan does enter therein. Therefore, breathing the air, standing next to someone infected with either Covid or a simple cold... you are not exempt from catching it, merely because you are standing inside the church building. That thought in itself might be sacrilegious as you are equating some supernatural powers to a brick and mortar structure.

Kissing icons... well... again, while they are "windows to Heaven", and the saint is physically manifested through them, that too will not safeguard you from picking up a virus that was dropped via the saliva of an infected person who came before you. The Lord did not promise that illness would not be in the world. There are storms, illness, people are still crippled as they were in the days of Christ, earthquakes still happen, etc. Therefore, I am not certain you would be safe from illness in this manner.

The Eucharist...I 100% agree with you on this. The Eucharist IS Christ... and Christ would never harm us, nor impart any illness upon us. Therefore, I completely agree with the use of a single spoon... and the only thing one has to fear upon approaching Holy Communion, is their own unworthiness.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Warned
Reaction score
Faith
No
Jurisdiction
No
I should stop going to church. Myy values an embryo more than he values a born human being, with a plastic tube down their throat, on a ventilator, waiting to die.

I have said, I know someone who died from the virus.

Obviously, Myy does not.

He is welcome to whatever fantasies he has in his mind.

However, I’ll never see my friend George again.

The kind of church Myy envisions will be a handful of very angry people, walking in circles, telling the walls all day, “No one is as good as we are anymore! Grumble, grumble!”

He is welcome to that.

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Higher Criticism
Jurisdiction
Dutch
I should stop going to church. Myy values an embryo more than he values a born human being, with a plastic tube down their throat, on a ventilator, waiting to die.

I have said, I know someone who died from the virus.

Obviously, Myy does not.

He is welcome to whatever fantasies he has in his mind.

However, I’ll never see my friend George again.

The kind of church Myy envisions will be a handful of very angry people, walking in circles, telling the walls all day, “No one is as good as we are anymore! Grumble, grumble!”

He is welcome to that.
He’s probably like 20 yo. Hopefully he’s gonna be embarrassed one day by this drivel.

Bizzlebin

OC.Net Guru
Warned
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Geek
I think this is where the mistake is. Many people are *not* sane. Minds have been gone for a long time.

We can start by looking at education. Everybody seems to have their pet theory about the "why", but the "what" is clear. A significant percentage of students do not take knowledge seriously. Not just schooling, I mean, but knowledge itself. It is some objective accessory that a person can accept, or reject, or have some opinion about. Maybe the knowledge can be memorized as a magical tool to make money, to get a job, or even to signal allegiance. But lost is the understanding that all of creation is from God, is in relationship to Him, and reveals Him. And gone is the understanding that, because of that relationship to Truth as Person, knowledge has an existence that connects with Absolute Truth and goes far deeper than any one individual.

And looking at what draws people to Orthodoxy, it is frequently...not Christ. Sure, ultimately it's Him, working through all of creation. But people come because they like art, splendor, and abstract feelings about history. They come because they need to have a father/guru/power figure to tell them what to do, tell them everything is ok, and fill an emotional void (which is not Orthodoxy anyways but spiritual abuse). They come because Orthodoxy is supposedly "different", a public badge of pride(!), a clear mark(!) of distinction against the "other". Yet how many come because they are willing to lay down their life for their neighbors (the vaccine is not even that—we benefit too—but how many would die for their neighbor instead of their own pride?), to deliver the Good News (and maybe a cup of cold water) to the poor, and to enter into a relationship with a God Who has commanded us to be crucified daily (in everything from what we eat to what we say to what we wear)? That some people have intellectualized a series of bullet points (7 this, 7 that, etc—which is all actually incorrect, but I digress), or made grand public gestures, or shown up for fellowship does not change the fact that the number of people who are living in any way that could be construed as Christian is staggeringly small. It isn't just about inability to measure up, trying yet failing, but about mistaking Christianity for something that is is not—or maybe, given what we often mean by "Christianity", maybe they've actually judged rightly what it is.

So back to personal sanity, I think there is far less of it than the thin veneer of society would claim. We're teetering on the edge of an abyss, not because of any vaccines (science is God-given and really does save lives), or the rule of law (tell an anti-masker we should all go pants-less and you'll see how quickly "freedom!" ends), or we've all the sudden changed—we've not changed, and that is the problem! We are in trouble because we've treated civilization as a collective cover for our insanity, as a grand bargain for personal "rights" and similar mumbo jumbo, and as a useful fiction to get what we want: with very little demonic prodding, that insanity comes flooding out, and we will be revealed for who we've always been—and we will soon receive precisely the evil that our perverted hearts desire.

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
a smoking flax He won't quench
Jurisdiction
World
I think this is where the mistake is. Many people are *not* sane. Minds have been gone for a long time.

We can start by looking at education. Everybody seems to have their pet theory about the "why", but the "what" is clear. A significant percentage of students do not take knowledge seriously. Not just schooling, I mean, but knowledge itself. It is some objective accessory that a person can accept, or reject, or have some opinion about. Maybe the knowledge can be memorized as a magical tool to make money, to get a job, or even to signal allegiance. But lost is the understanding that all of creation is from God, is in relationship to Him, and reveals Him. And gone is the understanding that, because of that relationship to Truth as Person, knowledge has an existence that connects with Absolute Truth and goes far deeper than any one individual.

And looking at what draws people to Orthodoxy, it is frequently...not Christ. Sure, ultimately it's Him, working through all of creation. But people come because they like art, splendor, and abstract feelings about history. They come because they need to have a father/guru/power figure to tell them what to do, tell them everything is ok, and fill an emotional void (which is not Orthodoxy anyways but spiritual abuse). They come because Orthodoxy is supposedly "different", a public badge of pride(!), a clear mark(!) of distinction against the "other". Yet how many come because they are willing to lay down their life for their neighbors (the vaccine is not even that—we benefit too—but how many would die for their neighbor instead of their own pride?), to deliver the Good News (and maybe a cup of cold water) to the poor, and to enter into a relationship with a God Who has commanded us to be crucified daily (in everything from what we eat to what we say to what we wear)? That some people have intellectualized a series of bullet points (7 this, 7 that, etc—which is all actually incorrect, but I digress), or made grand public gestures, or shown up for fellowship does not change the fact that the number of people who are living in any way that could be construed as Christian is staggeringly small. It isn't just about inability to measure up, trying yet failing, but about mistaking Christianity for something that is is not—or maybe, given what we often mean by "Christianity", maybe they've actually judged rightly what it is.

So back to personal sanity, I think there is far less of it than the thin veneer of society would claim. We're teetering on the edge of an abyss, not because of any vaccines (science is God-given and really does save lives), or the rule of law (tell an anti-masker we should all go pants-less and you'll see how quickly "freedom!" ends), or we've all the sudden changed—we've not changed, and that is the problem! We are in trouble because we've treated civilization as a collective cover for our insanity, as a grand bargain for personal "rights" and similar mumbo jumbo, and as a useful fiction to get what we want: with very little demonic prodding, that insanity comes flooding out, and we will be revealed for who we've always been—and we will soon receive precisely the evil that our perverted hearts desire.
Lord, have mercy on all of us.

Brother Michael

Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of San Francisco
... and the only thing one has to fear upon approaching Holy Communion, is their own unworthiness.
And, who is “worthy”? In the end, I am relying on the Lord to protect me, whether I take the shot or not. And, I rely on the authority God has given the Church.

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
uocofusa.org
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
And, who is “worthy”? In the end, I am relying on the Lord to protect me, whether I take the shot or not. And, I rely on the authority God has given the Church.
I know that I am never worthy...