• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Schismatic Pony! The next big meme?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyatt

Archon
Reaction score
The concept was created by me and a friend, and then another friend made the design for it on photo shop. The captions are mine. However, most of all I would like to thank all of you. I could have never conceived such an idea had it not been for your wonderful witness.  ;D

lubeltri

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
But if he infallibly declared that, then Vatican I goes out the window, and that declaration would no longer be infallible! Head spinning  ;)

Wyatt

Archon
Reaction score
If anyone can think of any other funny captions for the schismatic pony meme, let me know. It's a work in progress.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Wyatt,

That has to be some of the worst attempts at satire I've ever seen.

And meme? Unless you are better educated in German Philosophy than I think you are, are you bringing back disco as well?

Vadim

Reaction score
Wyatt, you remind me this boy, on the left side of this picture. Aliens are Pope's servants which control your mind.

podkarpatska

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.acrod.org
What's been happening on this entire forum the past few weeks is enough for this poster to start looking for another place to visit. Boze moi, can we stop with the schoolyard nonsense. Not just this lame thread, but across the entire board. Sorry, I spent decades listening to blow hard lawyers attempt to impress judges with fatuous, over the top arguments. Men and women who thought that they were God's gift to the law and that the impeccable logic and sharpness of their rhetoric was unparalleled and was surely the way to persuade others. Usually all there were doing was talking louder and longer than others.  Kind of like American talk radio and overall discourse in the 21st century. The sheer brashness of American political rhetoric has been said to have be a factor in the  lack of citizen confidence in the ability of this nation to solve its problems and may have depressed voter participation. I truly fear that the sort of nonsense that is so popular these days online may have the same effect on faith.

Jharek Carnelian

Reaction score
Vadim said:
Wyatt, you remind me this boy, on the left side of this picture. Aliens are Pope's servants which control your mind.

As Podkarpatska says both this and initial pictures with the pony are juvenile and belong in the schoolyard. They contribute little of worth and I agree with him that they reflect a sad reality where actual dialogue with any lucidity is less valued than quips and talking over others.

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
Wyatt said:
The concept was created by me and a friend, and then another friend made the design for it on photo shop. The captions are mine. However, most of all I would like to thank all of you. I could have never conceived such an idea had it not been for your wonderful witness.  ;D

Wyatt said:

Wyatt said:

Quite a heard of straw ponies you have there. Goes with the chip on your shoulder.

Fr.Aidan

High Elder
Reaction score
Website
www.sarisburium.blogspot.com
Christ is risen.

- The Pope of Alexandria is a Pope who believes in the original Catholic Faith, still.

- St. Peter's main see is at Antioch, not Rome. Are you in communion with St. Peter's first and primary see?

- Are you in communion with the other apostolic sees?

- Orthodox Christians believe the fullness of the truth, of the Faith, was present long before any of the councils.

- Why is the Unitarian Church not accepted into unity with Rome? Is it because Rome views them as "filthy heretics"? Probably.

It's kind of blasphemous to put holy vestments and a traditional beard on a pink pony. Certainly it doesn't show any "divine mercy" or "being charitable" or "ecumenism," in any sense.

Sad. Lord, have mercy.

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wyatt said:
biro said:
That's pretty good.   ;) :D
Thank you, sir, for apparently being the only one with a sense of humor.  :laugh:
If this 'meme' is your attempt at humor.....don't quit your day job.

Wyatt

Archon
Reaction score
FrChris said:
I wasn't aware that people who make memes that actually go viral make a profit off of them.

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wyatt said:
FrChris said:
I wasn't aware that people who make memes that actually go viral make a profit off of them.
Believe me...you won't entertain enough people from your 'humor' to make any money.

Wyatt

Archon
Reaction score
FrChris said:
Wyatt said:
FrChris said:
Believe me...you won't entertain enough people from your 'humor' to make any money.
Since when does any internet meme (even funny ones) make money?

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wyatt said:
FrChris said:
Wyatt said:
FrChris said:
Since when does any internet meme (even funny ones) make money?
I guess I have to spell it out for you, which actually doesn't surprise me considering your past activities here.

Your attempt at humor is very offensive, and not just to me as is shown from the responses of others in this thread. You show a remarkable lack of empathy, and instead of finding humor in your own ecclesiastical body's situation (which has plenty of fodder to draw from) you insist on attempting to denigrate the Body of Christ.

Therefore, instead of the Christian ideal of elevating others above you for their benefit, your 'humor' is attempting to pull others down below you, so that you may congratulate yourself on being King of the Hill by standing on the backs of others.

I'm locking this thread since there is nothing worthwhile in your attempt at a meme other than it displaying for all to see just what you are really like.

Status
Not open for further replies.