• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Searching for followers of Metropolitan Vitaly's ROCOR

Katya1965

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROCIE (A)
I was a member of ROCOR (the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia).

ROCOR, founded by hierarchs who participated in the Council of 1917-1918, is the legitimate (canonical) successor of the Russian Church of the times of the Christian Orthodox Empire.

After the death of our last First Hierarch Metropolitan Vitaly (Ustinoff), ROCOR no longer exists as an establishment.

I am looking to get in touch with my brothers and sisters in Christ, former members of ROCOR, or people who are interested in this topic.

Contact me on the forum or by e-mail: Email removed. Please don't post personal email addresses on the board. Pravoslavbob, Section Moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
Jurisdiction
Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
Met. Laurus or death!

Jude1:3

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Are there some in Alaska ?

IreneOlinyk

High Elder
Reaction score
Katya1965 do you mean the group that did not join the MP in 2008? This group here:

There is also this blog here:

I am not sure if they are connected with the RPATs [Russian Orthodox Autonomous Church] in Russia which has recently seen persecution by the government based on the "ILLEGAL EVANGELISM" law ironically usually used against Protestants & Jehovah's Witnesses not Orthodox believers.
https://www2.stetson.edu/religious-news/210114a.html

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Yes
The internetsobor link won't load.
The Remnant ROCOR site scares me beyond words. No words. Please explain how this came about in simple kindergarten terminology.

Is the group in Russia referred to in the stetson.edu link related to the Remnant ROCOR group? This is some wild stuff. I don't know squat.

Alpo2

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Fenno-Ugric Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Finnish Orthodox Inside of Finland
"Internetsobor.org" must be the url of all time.

Katya1965

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROCIE (A)
Katya1965 do you mean the group that did not join the MP in 2008? This group here:
The internetsobor link...
"Internetsobor.org" must be the url of all time.
Internetsobor.org seems to be a site of Metropolitan Agafangel.
After 2001 and till the death of Metropolitan Vitaly they were not in communion. So the more Metropolitan Agafangel was excommunicated by Metropolitan Vitaly. Can we think of members of his church as followers of Metropolitan Vitaly?
In this context the fact that the Metropolitan Agafangel canonized Metropolutan Vitaly as Saint in 2020 looks strange.