• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Seminary

Pedro

Archon
Reaction score
My dear friends, I have an announcement...

My family and I will, by God's grace, be packing up as much of our things as we can fit into a small, New York apartment and, in the very near future, be moving to Crestwood, New York to begin studies at St. Vladimir's Orthodox Theological Seminary -- classes will begin on August 31, 2009. This is a tremendous leap of faith for us, as money will be tight, relationships tested, and faith stretched for the next three years and, most likely, far beyond. Prayers are extremely coveted right now, more than anything else. If you would like to support the seminary in general or me in particular, please let me know.

So it begins. May it be blessed. Lord, have mercy.

stashko

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
May The Lord Bless You and Your Family..If you Decide to become a orthodox Priest in the future ,,You would make a Great Priest
and Orthodoxy would be that much wealthier....God Bless...

StGeorge

High Elder
Reaction score
DavidBryan said:

My family and I will, by God's grace, be packing up as much of our things as we can fit into a small, New York apartment and, in the very near future, be moving to Crestwood, New York to begin studies at St. Vladimir's Orthodox Theological Seminary -- classes will begin on August 31, 2009. This is a tremendous leap of faith for us, as money will be tight, relationships tested, and faith stretched for the next three years and, most likely, far beyond. Prayers are extremely coveted right now, more than anything else. If you would like to support the seminary in general or me in particular, please let me know.

I'll pray for you. 

Buena suerte! 

scamandrius

Merarches
Reaction score
Lord have mercy!

Good luck to you and your family.

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
uocofusa.org
Lord, have mercy!

May the experience enlighten you, bring your family even closer and be rewarding in all ways!

Congratulations!

jayjay

Reaction score
Wow - that is a BIG move!!! Prayers for your move, fiances, and your family- keep us informed how you are going - what exactly are you studying, and what is the ultimate goal? (Pardon my ignorance).

katherine2001

High Elder
Reaction score
DavidBryan said:

Maybe some parishes would be willing to help support you and help pay expenses.  A former member of my parish attended St. Herman's in Alaska (his wife is native Alaskan--he is Northern Cheyenne) and he will be staying in Alaska to serve.  He was supported by our parish and St. Nicholas Cathedral in Washington D.C.  He was just ordained into the priesthood on March 17th, and St. Nicholas Cathedral bought him his vestments.  Our parish sent money to help, plus we would buy clothes for their 3 boys at least twice during the year. 

May God bless you.  You'll be in our prayers. 

SakranMM

Elder
Reaction score
David:

We're looking forward to having you here at Crestwood...while none of us are rich by any means, be it known that the Lord truly does provide for those whom He calls.  We all have hard days here, but we've never lacked any basic necessities.  Have faith, brother, and if your faith waivers (as does all of ours from time to time), know that you will be supported by the faith of the seminary community.

God bless you, brother.  You're in for a big change, but a blessed one.  May it be blessed.

Rosehip

Archon
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy! So happy to hear your news, DavidBryan! May God help you and provide all your needs and more!!

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy, and may He bless your studies with enlightenment, wisdom, and understanding.