• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

should I or shouldn't I

should I message my crush on facebook

• Total voters

jewish voice

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Still dont know yet
The other day I was on Facebook and saw that this chick that I've had a huge crush on since high school is friends with my cousin. We almost hooked up twice in the past but like a dumb butt I was to shy back in the day. Then I ran into her few years later when she was going through a divorce she wanted to hook up then but I felt I wanted to wait till everything was sure and over my morals wouldn't let me hook up with someone still married. Should I reach out and message her. I really do like this chick more than anyone of the women I'm dating or have dated. It's been over 10 years since I last saw her she said she was single on her profile.
Pls give rreasons why or why I shouldn't.

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
GOAA
The answers you seek are much larger than this question.

jewish voice

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Still dont know yet
Porter ODoran said:
The answers you seek are much larger than this question.
I'm not talking about my Faith issues here lol :p

Opus118

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
jewish voice said:
The other day I was on Facebook and saw that this chick that I've had a huge crush on since high school is friends with my cousin. We almost hooked up twice in the past but like a dumb butt I was to shy back in the day. Then I ran into her few years later when she was going through a divorce she wanted to hook up then but I felt I wanted to wait till everything was sure and over my morals wouldn't let me hook up with someone still married. Should I reach out and message her. I really do like this chick more than anyone of the women I'm dating or have dated. It's been over 10 years since I last saw her she said she was single on her profile.
Yes, you absolutely. Everything you wrote says this is something you must do.

I do not like the term, Chick.

eddybear

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox, awaiting Chrismation
Jurisdiction
Diocese of Sourozh
Just remember that people stay the same in our memories, but change in reality. This woman might not be the same person as the one you knew 10 years ago.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
Sure, give it a go. :) I do think that worse can happen than a simple no--as I recently experienced myself--but if you want to be with someone (in particular or in general) then you generally have to ask or meet to achieve that, especially if you are a guy.

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
uocofusa.org
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
Go for it!

You're not marrying her upon "first contact"....just getting to know her, again.

Don't pass up the chance....or you'll always wonder "what if"...

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Faith
Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Diocese of New Gracanica
Go for it.  Worst thing that can happen is you get married.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
jewish voice said:
I am a bit confused. Are you looking for a "hook up" as in the modern sense which means sex with no strings attached, or are you meaning "hook up" as in get together?  I recommend against having sex with random people. Lots of diseases and such are floating around.  If you mean getting together for a cup of joe and just chatting, then I think you should definitely go for it.

Chiere

High Elder
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Faith
Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction
Indianapolis
vamrat said:
Go for it.  Worst thing that can happen is you get married.
Or maybe it might turn out to be the best thing that can happen :).

Luke

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of San Francisco
LizaSymonenko said:
Go for it!

You're not marrying her upon "first contact"....just getting to know her, again.

Don't pass up the chance....or you'll always wonder "what if"...

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
Talk to her in person or on the phone.

Using the inter webs will just make you creepy and get you a one-way ticket to the friend zone if you don't simply just scare her away.

Anna.T

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
GOARCH
TheTrisagion said:
jewish voice said:
I am a bit confused. Are you looking for a "hook up" as in the modern sense which means sex with no strings attached, or are you meaning "hook up" as in get together?  I recommend against having sex with random people. Lots of diseases and such are floating around.  If you mean getting together for a cup of joe and just chatting, then I think you should definitely go for it.
Maybe I hang out with too many teenagers sometimes, but that's exactly what I read in the post.

I figured from the replies no one else took it that way.

I agree ... if you want to rekindle an acquaintance and see where it goes, there's nothing wrong with that.

If you were asking about the colloquial sense of the term ... that's another matter. Hopefully that's not what you meant though.

jewish voice

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Still dont know yet
I guess I'm old. I didn't think I'd have to explain hooking up means come on guys this is a religious forum. It doesn't matter anyways I wrote like 50 messages which none ever got sent  cause I can't hit the send button lol  I'm just going to hang it up ain't ever going to happen.

Anna.T

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
GOARCH
jewish voice said:
I guess I'm old. I didn't think I'd have to explain hooking up means come on guys this is a religious forum. It doesn't matter anyways I wrote like 50 messages which none ever got sent  cause I can't hit the send button lol  I'm just going to hang it up ain't ever going to happen.
My apologies. I just hear it too frequently sometimes. :(

I certainly didn't mean to imply anything about you, and I hope you didn't take it that way.

You could always comment on something she said, shared, or posted in a picture. :)

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
jewish voice said:
lol, for us younger folk, we have only really used in heard in one way, so when you said it, I was kinda surprised, but then I figured perhaps that is not what you meant since you never struck me as the type to engage in such behavior.  :)