• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

singles?

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
Faith
Big-O Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Exarchate of Gotham City
Alpo said:
RaphaCam said:
Dominika said:
RaphaCam said:
Living in Rio, finding a women without a penis and/or HIV would be cool enough.
And what's about men?
Anyway, I shouldn't complain so much regarding my problems with finding the right man...
There are stats claiming that only 80% of the men in Rio are heterosexual.
Anything in English? Around here the percentage of LGBTIs is usually estimated to be maybe something like 5%.
Nothing I could find, but being more specific the stats are that 19,3% of men identify as gay or bisexual. This is too much even for Brazil, among researched cities Rio scored #1 and #2 had 10,8%.

Cyrillic said:
RaphaCam said:
There are stats claiming that only 80% of the women in Rio are men.
LOL, I'll start using this one.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Faith
Mongol-Finnic Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Priestly Society of St. John Ireland
Thanks. Just googled a Wikipedia reference and it seems that the proportions are different than around here also in that there are more gays than bis and more men than women Maybe I need to pay a visit to a local university's library to find some more reference.

FinnJames

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Orthodox Church of Finland
Alpo said:
Thanks. Just googled a Wikipedia reference and it seems that the proportions are different than around here also in that there are more gays than bis and more men than women Maybe I need to pay a visit to a local university's library to find some more reference.
Don't be fooled by percentage figures for gay and bi men. The number of men who have sex with other men is much higher. Many of the latter are married and/or don't consider themselves gay or bi because they do not assume the passive role in sex.

RaphaCam

Reaction score
Website
Faith
Big-O Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Exarchate of Gotham City
FinnJames said:
Alpo said:
Don't be fooled by percentage figures for gay and bi men. The number of men who have sex with other men is much higher. Many of the latter are married and/or don't consider themselves gay or bi because they do not assume the passive role in sex.
True, people have even started to use "MSM" (men who have sex with men) to have clearer figures, while some unresolved figures have forged labels like "g0y" or "highsexual".

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Faith
Mongol-Finnic Orthodox
Jurisdiction
FinnJames said:
Alpo said:
Don't be fooled by percentage figures for gay and bi men.
I'm not but being a bit nerdy I'm also interested in how terms are defined around the World and what's the notions' historical background. Sexual orientation is not just about sex.

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
Jurisdiction
Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIESALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIESALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIESALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIESALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIESALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIESALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIESALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIESALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIESALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIESALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIESALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIESALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIESALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIESALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIESALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIESALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
Jurisdiction
Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
Alpo said:
Cyrillic said:
RaphaCam said:
There are stats claiming that only 80% of the women in Rio are men.
That's kind of amusing coming from a Dutch. You are so liberal that even your racists are gay.
This exchange made me chuckle to myself.  Probably in a gay manner.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
FinnJames said:
Alpo said:
:eek:

The more you know, I guess...

WPM

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Ethiopian Jew
I'm single and don't have kids

Dominika

Merarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Patriarchate/POC
WPM said:
Me too, still, unfortunately (at least for the 1st one).

Dominika

Merarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Patriarchate/POC
TheTrisagion said:
Dominika said:
WPM said:
Me too, still, unfortunately (at least for the 1st one).
You have kids?  ;)
Ah, no! ;) I used Polish grammar scheme. I should have written just "+1" and it would be correct.

Indocern

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Orthodox
I am single too unfortunately, I am not found the proper girl.

RichC

Reaction score
56 and single and loving it.  Was married for 16 years. Worst mistake of my life.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Faith
Mongol-Finnic Orthodox
Jurisdiction
RichC said:
56 and single and loving it.  Was married for 16 years. Worst mistake of my life.
I salute you, sir!

RaphaCam

Reaction score
Website
Faith
Big-O Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Exarchate of Gotham City
I'm looking for a single Orthodox maiden to move with me to the jungle and lead a chaste life with 6-10 children for the glory of True Brazilian Orthodoxy. We can pretend it's the Scetes, Siberia or sth... PM me for details.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
RaphaCam said:
I'm looking for a single Orthodox maiden to move with me to the jungle and lead a chaste life with 6-10 children for the glory of True Brazilian Orthodoxy. We can pretend it's the Scetes, Siberia or sth... PM me for details.
;D

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Faith
Mercenary Freudianism
Jurisdiction
Texas Feminist Coptic
RaphaCam said:
I thought I had a nominee...

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
GOAA
I'm not single but not married either. I guess I'll be restored to my wife in heaven. Marriage was hell but also full of poignancy. I wouldn't do it again but I am glad I risked it.

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
As for a forum of a members of a religion that supposedly cares much about families this board has a huge representation of men hating their former wives. So much for "protecting natural marriage".

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Faith
Mongol-Finnic Orthodox
Jurisdiction
mike said:
As for a forum of a members of a religion that supposedly cares much about families this board has a huge representation of men hating their former wives. So much for "protecting natural marriage".
You should man up and become Orthodox!

Reaction score
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EOTC, but Coptic for now
Porter ODoran said:
I'm not single but not married either. I guess I'll be restored to my wife in heaven. Marriage was hell but also full of poignancy. I wouldn't do it again but I am glad I risked it.
RichC said:
It sounds like I should never get married, like ever :eek:

Reaction score
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EOTC, but Coptic for now
mike said:
Half the responses from you tend to bash that "religion that supposedly cares about families so much" what's up with that?

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Jurisdiction
But my heart belongs to Finland
seekeroftruth777 said:
Porter ODoran said:
RichC said:
Who's then to continue the dynasty? It can't be a bastard.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
mike said:
Indeed.

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
seekeroftruth777 said:
mike said:
Half the responses from you tend to bash that "religion that supposedly cares about families so much" what's up with that?
Despite what you hear in sermons or books, when you look into what Christ was saying or lives of saints it seems family wasn't that important in early Christianity and other things were considered more important than that. Now it seems it is the main issue.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Jurisdiction
mike said:
seekeroftruth777 said:
mike said:
Despite what you hear in sermons or books, when you look into what Christ was saying or lives of saints it seems family wasn't that important in early Christianity and other things were considered more important than that. Now it seems it is the main issue.
+1

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Faith
Mercenary Freudianism
Jurisdiction
Texas Feminist Coptic
mike said:
seekeroftruth777 said:
mike said:
Despite what you hear in sermons or books, when you look into what Christ was saying or lives of saints it seems family wasn't that important in early Christianity...
Oh?

...and other things were considered more important than that.
Such as?

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Jurisdiction
Mor Ephrem said:
mike said:
Such as?
Celibacy.

Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
GOAA
mike said:
I love my wife. She's an admirable girl. And it's still very personal -- I dream about her most nights.

It's possible I love her even more than you love trolling Orthodoxy.

The present distress, as St. Paul styled it, is simply inimical to marriage. This is not the fault of individual women and men. Savior, save us -- our children are in danger of growing up in a society where most people cannot even successfully live with themselves.

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
seekeroftruth777 said:
Porter ODoran said:
RichC said:
The Apostle agrees

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
mike said:
seekeroftruth777 said:
mike said:
If only there was still POTM

NicholasMyra

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
hyperdoxherman.tumblr.com
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Partially-overlapping
mike said:
The gospel according to monkabees:

1. Regulating Cartesian theater movies given legitimacy by calling them logismoi
2. Married sex and child discipline
3. Saying the words modernism and secularism

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
mike said:
Two. There were two. Unless most of us are sock puppets, I wouldn't classify that as a huge representation.

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
mike said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Such as?
Jesus.
What does it mean for Chistianity to be about Christ? This seems circular or evasive.
And it seems rather opposed to the Gospel as declared by Paul to think that anything matters except for Christ.

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Does it matter?
Jurisdiction
Unverifiable, so irrelevant

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
GOAA
JamesRottnek said:
Porter ODoran said:
mike said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Such as?
Jesus.
What does it mean for Chistianity to be about Christ? This seems circular or evasive.
And it seems rather opposed to the Gospel as declared by Paul to think that anything matters except for Christ.
As a tautology on a topic can fairly be mouthed by either side of a debate it does not further the debate but is rhetorical evasion. The question here is, What about children is not about Christ, and how?