• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Sleep disorder

Apples

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I've been trying to fall asleep since 4, it's now 9. I slept about an hour earlier, but other than that I've been up for 24 hours. I've probably slept a total of 30 hours over the past week. I also get frequent nightmare and sometimes have sleep paralysis. I have an icon by my bed of the Holy Sleepers but it has not helped much. I really want to be well rested so that I can attend Holy Week services and go into my last week of school ready to finish strongly but I'm kinda despairing at this point. I'll probably end up falling asleep at 5am and missing Palm Sunday. This is really unimaginably frustrating. I'll see a doctor probably on Monday if I can. Advice and prayers are appreciated.

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Lord have Mercy and help William sleep!

Try Valerian root...very gentle natural sleep assistant herb

Maximum Bob

Archon
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy on your servant, William.

Hawkeye

Hyperprōtopansebastohalieus
Reaction score
O Lord, by the prayers of the Seven Sleepers of Ephesus, grant unto your servant William a peaceful sleep, the sleep of bodily health and salvation, and life and strength of soul and body!

Apples

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
When school stopped and I started working two physically taxing jobs, my quality of sleep improved.