• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Some of our own need Prayers and help

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Friends,

Two of our fellow members here at OC.net, Jovan and Alexandra need lots of prayers, and also any assistance you can give. They quite literally 'met' here and now have a family together. These are not strangers, but rather part of the crazy family here.

from the linked page below: Shortly after giving birth, Alexia was suffering from many symptoms-high fever, aching body, nausea, chills, etc. While a course of antibiotics seemed to help, after finishing them, she was sick again. Doctors were unable to figure out what was wrong.  After many doctors visits and testing, Alexia and her young family received devastating news: she has stage four colon cancer that has metastasized to her liver and possibly her lungs as well.

There is more info on the situation on the link. Please consider at a minimum, praying for them, and giving what you can to help them.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/bring-alexia-home?pc=fb_dn_cpgnstaticsmall_r&rcid=r01-155380555867-1c2e39d984924419&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fb_dn_cpgnstaticsmall_r&fbclid=IwAR3RwWMDGQTeri9KMJ51myBER8j5R25m--cenEYScMa_zR3_GDE3ddvw2ac

*This post is Moderator pre-approved*

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
May the Lord have mercy on them! 

A number of the mods have contributed, and we do support the campaign being listed here.  By His grace and our cooperation, we hope they can find the medical treatment they need, and a way back home.

Luke

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Is she the young one that was married a couple years ago or so?  Through the intercessions of the Theotokos, St. Panteleimon, St. Luke, Lord have mercy!

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Lord have mercy. St. Luke and St. Pantaleimon, pray for us.

IXOYE

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy!

IXOYE

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Luke said:
Is she the young one that was married a couple years ago or so?  Through the intercessions of the Theotokos, St. Panteleimon, St. Luke, Lord have mercy!
Yes, I believe so:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,70446.msg1433166.html#msg1433166

IXOYE

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Alpha60 said:
Alexia is a very kind person and has a beautiful family, and we need to pray fervently for them.
Amen!

Dominika

Taxiarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Lord have mercy!

I've met Jovan in person some years ago, I'm so sorry :(

WPM

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Lord have mercy on Alexia

Alpha60

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I am so sad about Alexia and Jovan, I hope everyone is praying for them.  I haven’t been so sad since I found out some relatives of mine had passed away.  But there is still hope here, so we have to pray.

WPM

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Holy,Holy,Holy art thou' O God, through the Theotokos, have mercy upon us.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't usually do this, but I'm bumping the thread so it gets back into the stream of consciousness.  May the Lord bless Alexandra and Jovan and their children, and may He reward with His grace all those who help them in any way (prayer, material support, etc.).

IXOYE

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bumping so others will see this thread.

Luke

Taxiarches
Reaction score
ἔτι  Κύριε ἐλέησον

Alpha60

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Please continue praying for our dear Alxandra and her husband and children as we approach Holy Week. 

Kyrie eleison.

reclusivus

Reaction score
Lord have mercy, Christ have mercy, Lord have mercy.

Holy Mother of God, Theotokos, pray for them...

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Just saw this now from Alpha's sig and OMG, will be donating here shortly.

Lord have mercy!! Good grief this is horrible horrible news.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Still praying.  Lord, have mercy.

WPM

Taxiarches
Reaction score
The Philokalia Jesus Prayer ~ Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me - a sinner.