Some Priests Insist Fidget Spinners Have a Secret Meaning

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
The flat, three-prong structure we’ve all come to know and love consists of a central bearing that allows the gizmo to be spun. But it seems the toy’s popularity has led to it being used as a comparison for a religious doctrine.

Some branches of Christianity seem to think the toy could represent the Holy Trinity, and various priests have been using the device to explain its meaning. Christian Today journalist Joseph Hartropp discussed the supposed connection following Trinity Sunday on June 11. Joseph said: “Fidget spinners have seen a remarkable surge in popularity this year. Are they an analogy for the triune God, or a damnable heresy?”
http://nypost.com/2017/06/19/some-priests-insist-fidget-spinners-have-a-secret-meaning/

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Joseph said: “Fidget spinners have seen a remarkable surge in popularity this year. Are they an analogy for the triune God, or a damnable heresy?”
Couldn't be anything in between, huh?

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
Yesterday I was venting on a friend, so he told me: "Dude, you just need to focus your life on the Holy Trinity." I was hoping for some improvisedly cheerful Christian sermon, but he just took this toy out of his pocket and started spinning it. I didn't know if I should get angry or laugh.  :laugh:

Agabus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I don't really get the rage fidget  spinners inspire in some segments of the population. Probably better than all the paper clips I mangle while thinking during the day. It certainly keeps the neuro-atypical kid distracted in the car.

Anyway, I started seeing memes about the Trinity spinner about a week ago, all seemingly shared by someone saying, "Aw, hell no!"

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
St. Patrick is said to have used a clover to explain the Trinity.  We don't have St. Patrick today, so we get toys for ADD people and sectarian memes.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
St. Patrick is said to have used a clover to explain the Trinity.  We don't have St. Patrick today, so we get toys for ADD people and sectarian memes.
We don't have much clover either. Or patches of grass big enough to go looking.