• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Source for hard to find icons?

David Garner

Elder
Reaction score
Website
forheisgoodandlovesmankind.blogspot.com
Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this.  My wife's Patron Saint is Saint Stephanie.  Her icon, linked from the web, is below:

I would like to obtain an icon of her, preferably a reasonably priced one.  Are there any options other than having one hand drawn?

Thanks in advance.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Wow, I've been looking for an icon of my (to-be) patron saint! Thank you for that link, Veniamin! Perfect.

David Garner

Elder
Reaction score
Website
Veniamin said:
Unmounted, but....

Here you go.
Wow, that's outstanding!  Thanks!

Do you (or does anyone) have any advice on mounting icons?  I'm trying the search function and not finding much.  I'll also try a web search.  I come from a long family line of carpenters, so I'm positive we can do it.  I'd just like to do it right.

Would framing be a better option?

Veniamin

Archon
Reaction score
David Garner said:
Veniamin said:
Unmounted, but....

Here you go.
Wow, that's outstanding!  Thanks!

Do you (or does anyone) have any advice on mounting icons?  I'm trying the search function and not finding much.  I'll also try a web search.  I come from a long family line of carpenters, so I'm positive we can do it.  I'd just like to do it right.

Would framing be a better option?
Did you catch this thread?  It was actually one of the first google results for "mounting icons."

David Garner

Elder
Reaction score
Website
Veniamin said:
Did you catch this thread?  It was actually one of the first google results for "mounting icons."
I didn't, but that's perfect and it has a link in that thread to another thread - thanks!

I'm good with woodworking.  Not so much with decoupage (which I had never heard of before reading that thread and Googling).  I'll ask around, but I'm leaning toward framing.  It will be our only framed icon, but our parish has several, so it shouldn't be that big an issue.  I'll probably weigh the pros and cons and let my wife decide which she'd prefer.

Thanks to everyone who responded.  Much appreciated!

NW Nik

Reaction score
My wife found an icon of her saint (Juliana of Lazarevo) that she hadn't seen before at http://www.iconsandmore.com/Icons_c2.htm