SSPX expels Bishop Williamson

Charles Martel

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Peter J said:
Charles Martel said:
All this while condemning a great man like Bishop Williamson who now stands alone in resisting the errors in Rome.
Hmmm, I think you just inadvertently disclosed your real identity to us.
  ???

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
choy said:
Charles Martel said:
Sooo, what were you then, a Modernist? Are you still? You say you never met someone in Tradition to make you even think about it yet it is this very tradition that caused you to wonder about the validity of Church teachings and now you are seeking answers from Eastern schismatics. All this while condemning a great man like Bishop Williamson who now stands alone in resisting the errors in Rome.

Strange days indeed.
You can say I am a true Traditionalist.  I am looking for something more traditional than Trent, which is only 500 years ago.  I think that is one of the biggest holes of Traditional Roman Catholicism and the SSPX, to claim tradition and yet only go as far back as 500 years ago.  It is as if the Church never existed in the First Millennium.  Something that is very clear when you look at Orthodoxy.
No. No. I'm more traditional than you, and my dad is more traditional than your dad!  ;)

Charles Martel

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Charles Martel said:
And it was post VII Rome that parted with Tradition, not the other way around.
Wrong. It was post-1014 AD Rome which parted with Tradition.
The topic here is  the good Bishop's expulsion from the SSPX, not the Eastern Schisim of 1054.

Let's try and stay focused here.

Charles Martel

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Papist said:
choy said:
Charles Martel said:
Sooo, what were you then, a Modernist? Are you still? You say you never met someone in Tradition to make you even think about it yet it is this very tradition that caused you to wonder about the validity of Church teachings and now you are seeking answers from Eastern schismatics. All this while condemning a great man like Bishop Williamson who now stands alone in resisting the errors in Rome.

Strange days indeed.
You can say I am a true Traditionalist.  I am looking for something more traditional than Trent, which is only 500 years ago.  I think that is one of the biggest holes of Traditional Roman Catholicism and the SSPX, to claim tradition and yet only go as far back as 500 years ago.  It is as if the Church never existed in the First Millennium.  Something that is very clear when you look at Orthodoxy.
No. No. I'm more traditional than you, and my dad is more traditional than your dad!  ;)
Funny you mention that because  the word pope is Latin for papa (father). ;)

PJ

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Charles Martel said:
Peter J said:
Charles Martel said:
All this while condemning a great man like Bishop Williamson who now stands alone in resisting the errors in Rome.
  ???
Well, your screenname here says Charles Martel, not Williamson; but if you weren't Bishop Williamson there's no way you would say that he "stands alone in resisting the errors in Rome".

choy

Archon
Reaction score
Charles Martel said:
Do you pray Pope Noster?

choy

Archon
Reaction score
Peter J said:
Well, your screenname here says Charles Martel, not Williamson; but if you weren't Bishop Williamson there's no way you would say that he "stands alone in resisting the errors in Rome".
Are you saying that Bishop Williamson is trolling in OC.net?  ??? :police:

Charles Martel

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Peter J said:
Charles Martel said:
Peter J said:
Charles Martel said:
  ???
You know what I'm getting at, no need for semantics.

PJ

Taxiarches
Reaction score
choy said:
Charles Martel said:
Do you pray Pope Noster?
Wikipedia says "pope (from Latin: papa ...)".

So I guess we could say that "pope" is English for papa. ;)

choy

Archon
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Charles Martel said:
Cyrillic said:
Which bishop?
Take a wild guess Einstein.
Are we assuming Williamson is a bishop now? That's a point I wouldn't conceed.
Latin Sacramental theology states that the mark of ordination is indelible and someone outside the Church retains their ordination.  A priest is still a priest, a bishop is still a bishop, and they can perform Sacraments validly but illicitly as they are outside the Church.  The Sacraments are at the command of the priests and bishops, not something that is bound to the Church itself.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
choy said:
Peter J said:
Are you saying that Bishop Williamson is trolling in OC.net?  ??? :police:
I wouldn't be surprised.