• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

SSPX expels Bishop Williamson

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:
I think in "all the info available today" you must be including anything anybody posts online or in pamphlets. There are uncountable sources of false information and confusing conspiracies. Please don't be a

[Edited to add:] Any information that comes with an axe to grind or a hateful attitude attached to it should be suspect. If some source is "proving" that the Jewish people do not deserve our sympathy, then they are automatically on the side of untruth, numbers aside.
you believe the jews need our sympathy? really? the Christ killers? if you fell for the 6 million number you are a victim, for starters the 6 million number was circulating in newspapers long before world war 2, if you care about the issue you should do more research
You use the name of Christ when I can fairly assure you Christ doesn't know you (to use his phrase in his judgment parables). Christ does not think of innocent men, women, and children as any kind of killers, much less "Christ killers." He pours out his love for them. The same for those Judaeans and Romans who did in fact kill him: "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." Your spirit in the post above is not of Christ, but of the Evil One.

As for your statement that newsmedia was prophesying the Holocaust before it began -- this doesn't need refuting. Your posts are showing yourself a crank that nobody here should be taking serious time to respond to.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:
sedevacantist said:
Volnutt said:
mike said:
TheTrisagion said:
sedevacantist said:
biro said:
I certainly don't apply revisionism to other things. Don't call me a hypocrite.

I do think Holocaust revisionism is as bad as denial. They aren't different.

If this kind of thing is now normal on the forum or in the church, I have no business being here.
do you believe 6 million jews died during the holocaust?
Yes. Do you?
Do we really need to know an answer?
We do know the answer and the answer is yes. The only people saying otherwise on the professional level are Neo-Nazis and their sympathizers.
please tell me you're joking..this is a joke right, you people seem to  love being conned but at the end of the day being wrong on this issue doesn't mean the loss of your soul, rejecting the Church of Christ is another matter, but it puzzles me with all the info available to us in this day and age people still believe 6 million jews were murdered, maybe Oswald killed Kennedy alone or next you will tell me Bin Laden was responsible for 911...please say it isn't so
I think in "all the info available today" you must be including anything anybody posts online or in pamphlets. There are uncountable sources of false information and confusing conspiracies. Please don't be a

[Edited to add:] Any information that comes with an axe to grind or a hateful attitude attached to it should be suspect. If some source is "proving" that the Jewish people do not deserve our sympathy, then they are automatically on the side of untruth, numbers aside.
you believe the jews need our sympathy? really? the Christ killers? if you fell for the 6 million number you are a victim, for starters the 6 million number was circulating in newspapers long before world war 2, if you care about the issue you should do more research
Your hypocrisy is showing. You're now making your own claims that demand supporting evidence. What proof can you post that shows that the "6 million number" really "was circulating in newspapers long before world war 2"? If you care about the issue you should not make us research your claims for you.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
It typical crank fashion, I expect this is about the time when we will be expected to provide proof for why his theories are wrong instead of him actually provide the basis for his opinions.

sedevacantist

High Elder
Reaction score
byhisgrace said:
sedevacantist said:
if you fell for the 6 million number you are a victim, for starters the 6 million number was circulating in newspapers long before world war 2, if you care about the issue you should do more research
Care to answer this question, Sedevacantist?:
TheTrisagion said:
How many do you think died and how did you arrive at your number?
here's a vid showing the newspapers, let me know what you think

sedevacantist

High Elder
Reaction score
sedevacantist said:
byhisgrace said:
sedevacantist said:
if you fell for the 6 million number you are a victim, for starters the 6 million number was circulating in newspapers long before world war 2, if you care about the issue you should do more research
TheTrisagion said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEJ_7vJIuUc

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
sedevacantist said:
byhisgrace said:
sedevacantist said:
TheTrisagion said:
Where's the vid? NVM

sedevacantist

High Elder
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:
sedevacantist said:
Volnutt said:
mike said:
TheTrisagion said:
sedevacantist said:
biro said:

If this kind of thing is now normal on the forum or in the church, I have no business being here.
Yes. Do you?
We do know the answer and the answer is yes. The only people saying otherwise on the professional level are Neo-Nazis and their sympathizers.
please tell me you're joking..this is a joke right, you people seem to  love being conned but at the end of the day being wrong on this issue doesn't mean the loss of your soul, rejecting the Church of Christ is another matter, but it puzzles me with all the info available to us in this day and age people still believe 6 million jews were murdered, maybe Oswald killed Kennedy alone or next you will tell me Bin Laden was responsible for 911...please say it isn't so

Your hypocrisy is showing. You're now making your own claims that demand supporting evidence. What proof can you post that shows that the "6 million number" really "was circulating in newspapers long before world war 2"? If you care about the issue you should not make us research your claims for you.
what hypocrisy are you talking about?
here's another vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oinItLYg7qQ

sedevacantist

High Elder
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:

You use the name of Christ when I can fairly assure you Christ doesn't know you (to use his phrase in his judgment parables). Christ does not think of innocent men, women, and children as any kind of killers, much less "Christ killers." He pours out his love for them. The same for those Judaeans and Romans who did in fact kill him: "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." Your spirit in the post above is not of Christ, but of the Evil One.

As for your statement that newsmedia was prophesying the Holocaust before it began -- this doesn't need refuting. Your posts are showing yourself a crank that nobody here should be taking serious time to respond to.
I am certain Christ knows you for the heretic you are,it's a fact jews killed Christ. calling me a crank because I oppose your brain washed views won't change reality  you sheep

Concerning the prohibition of usury and base gain by the clergy; and concerning the prohibition against conversing or eating with the Jews.  No priest shall set money out at interest or take unfair profit or be friendly or sociable with Jews; nor should anyone take food or drink with the Jews; for if this was decreed by the holy apostles, it is incumbent upon the faithful to obey their command; and the synod shall excommunicate any one who does not comply with this order.”--Pope Saint Sylvester I at the First Ecumenical Council of Nicea

“We decree and order that from now on, and for all time, Christians shall not eat or drink with the Jews, nor admit them to feasts, nor cohabit with them, nor bathe with them. […]  They cannot live among Christians, but in a certain street, separated and segregated from Christians, and outside which they cannot under any pretext have houses."--Pope Eugene IV

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
They would have said the same about Mormons if they had been a problem for the faithful. None of this is an excuse for you hating and libeling innocent men, women, and children.

sedevacantist

High Elder
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
It typical crank fashion, I expect this is about the time when we will be expected to provide proof for why his theories are wrong instead of him actually provide the basis for his opinions.
judging me a crank is un Christian of you and your buddies especially when you don't know what you are talking about, I guess I'm also a  crank for not believing the official 9/11 story also? I don't believe Oswald killed Kennedy, and I don't have time to teach you on these matters as it doesn't matter that much at the end of the day,salvation is what matters most. It just points to how little some of you care bout the truth

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Are you from the Fisheaters forum?

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
Oh yes the Day of Judgment is a winnowing between those who did and did not concern themselves with the Grassy Knoll.

sedevacantist

High Elder
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
They would have said the same about Mormons if they had been a problem for the faithful. None of this is an excuse for you hating and libeling innocent men, women, and children.
I'm not hating anyone, I'm calling them Christ killers because that's what they are,they don't deserve anymore sympathy than the Armenians, Russians  etc who have been murdered, have you ever read the Talmud?

sedevacantist

High Elder
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
Oh yes the Day of Judgment is a winnowing between those who did and did not concern themselves with the Grassy Knoll.
nope, but you folks are insulting me ,calling me a crank because I'm not a sheeple..you'll be judged for being outside the true church

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:
nope, but you folks are insulting me ,calling me a crank because I'm not a sheeple..you'll be judged for being outside the true church
And here you insult an entire Church.

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:
A church without a see is not a church. So unless your claim is that you yourself are the Divine Judge, I'm not concerned.

sedevacantist

High Elder
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:
A church without a see is not a church. So unless your claim is that you yourself are the Divine Judge, I'm not concerned.
we have over 1900 years of the magisterium to follow

St. Athanasius: "Even if Catholics faithful to tradition are reduced to a handful, they are the ones who are the true Church of Jesus Christ."

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:

St. Athanasius: "Even if Catholics faithful to tradition are reduced to a handful, they are the ones who are the true Church of Jesus Christ."
You didn't really address Porter's point the way I would have if I were you, instead preferring to liken yourself to some sort of proto-Protestant. 

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:

I am certain Christ knows you for the heretic you are,it's a fact jews killed Christ. calling me a crank because I oppose your brain washed views won't change reality  you sheep

Concerning the prohibition of usury and base gain by the clergy; and concerning the prohibition against conversing or eating with the Jews.  No priest shall set money out at interest or take unfair profit or be friendly or sociable with Jews; nor should anyone take food or drink with the Jews; for if this was decreed by the holy apostles, it is incumbent upon the faithful to obey their command; and the synod shall excommunicate any one who does not comply with this order.”--Pope Saint Sylvester I at the First Ecumenical Council of Nicea

“We decree and order that from now on, and for all time, Christians shall not eat or drink with the Jews, nor admit them to feasts, nor cohabit with them, nor bathe with them. […]  They cannot live among Christians, but in a certain street, separated and segregated from Christians, and outside which they cannot under any pretext have houses."--Pope Eugene IV
You are permitted to call our Church heretical if you wish on the Orthodox-Catholic Discussion board, but you are not permitted to call individual posters heretics here (or anywhere on the Public Forum). Don't do this again.

- PeterTheAleut

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
To everyone else: I notice that label 'crank' being tossed around here. Do note that this is an ad hominem and will be treated as such moving forward. Whoever calls sedevacantist or anyone else a crank on this thread will be penalized accordingly. Consider this your final warning.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:

But what if the term 'Catholic' doesn't apply to your sect?

Charles Martel

Taxiarches
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:

But what if the term 'Catholic' doesn't apply to your sect?
Can you prove it either way?

Charles Martel

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
sedevacantist said:
Volnutt said:
mike said:
TheTrisagion said:
sedevacantist said:
biro said:

Yes. Do you?
I think in "all the info available today" you must be including anything anybody posts online or in pamphlets. There are uncountable sources of false information and confusing conspiracies. Please don't be a victim.

I think the "axe to grind" comes from both sides of this issue. Regardless of your source of information, the only thing that matters at the end of the day, is if it is true or coheres with reality in some way. It doesn't matter where truth comes.

I could care less if a true statement comes from the Bible, Quran or Mein Kempf. It still doesn't detract from it's truthfullness.

The problem these days, is, in some places it is illegal to even question any aspects of the official version of the holacaust.

That sounds like some kind of state-sponsored heresy law or something like that.

Now regardless of all this "six million" nonsense, the reality is, is that the Catholic  Church in it's essence is diametrically opposed to Judaism or "jews" wherein as they reject Christ, the logos, the Son of the living God.

None of this is ever going to change unless they convert or their Messiah returns.

Charles Martel

Taxiarches
Reaction score
mike said:
Your buddy Hitler also rejected Christ. So wy are you idolising him?
But you're my buddy too mike. Do you reject Christ as well?

Having said that, I never read where AH himself came out and offically rejected Christ in any legtimate sources.

And I know us Latins are a bit of idolators to you Easterners, but there aren't no statues of the Fuhrer in my church buddy.

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:

You didn't really address Porter's point the way I would have if I were you, instead preferring to liken yourself to some sort of proto-Protestant.
Come, Mor, don't leave your gloves on for my sake. I want to know how you would have answered.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Porter ODoran said:
Mor Ephrem said:
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:

Come, Mor, don't leave your gloves on for my sake. I want to know how you would have answered.
A church with a vacant see =/= a church without a see

Maria

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
Mor Ephrem said:
Porter ODoran said:
Mor Ephrem said:
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:

As long as there are true Orthodox bishops, there is the Church.

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
Porter ODoran said:
Mor Ephrem said:
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:

Very true.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Maria said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Maria said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Oh boy...
What did the Church Fathers have to say on the matter, specifically St. Ignatius of Antioch.
They weren't talking about Roman Catholicism, unlike the participants in this thread.

Maria

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
Mor Ephrem said:
Maria said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Maria said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Oh boy...
What did the Church Fathers have to say on the matter, specifically St. Ignatius of Antioch.
They weren't talking about Roman Catholicism, unlike the participants in this thread.
St. Ignatius of Antioch is honored as a Catholic Saint. He is pre-schism. He was the saint who sat on Christ's lap and who was mentored by St. John the Theologian (St. John the Evangelist).

It was he who mentioned that where the bishops are, there is the church.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Porter ODoran said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Porter ODoran said:
Mor Ephrem said:
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:

Very true.
And so, were I sedevacantist, I would argue that the see exists but is merely unoccupied at present.  The Church continues to exist, however uneasily, in such circumstances.  But sedevacantist's argument was something rather different, as if nineteen centuries of tradition makes not having a Pope not a big deal.  LOL.   

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Maria said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Maria said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Maria said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Oh boy...
St. Ignatius of Antioch is honored as a Catholic Saint. He is pre-schism. He was the saint who sat on Christ's lap and who was mentored by St. John the Theologian (St. John the Evangelist).

But have you heard about St Evodios? 

Maria

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
Mor Ephrem said:
Maria said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Maria said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Maria said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Oh boy...

But have you heard about St Evodios?
No, so please do share.

Maria

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
Mor Ephrem said:
Porter ODoran said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Porter ODoran said:
Mor Ephrem said:
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:

Very true.
And so, were I sedevacantist, I would argue that the see exists but is merely unoccupied at present.  The Church continues to exist somewhere in the world, however uneasily, in such circumstances.  But sedevacantist's argument was something rather different, as if nineteen centuries of tradition makes not having a Pope not a big deal.  LOL. 
FIFY

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
Porter ODoran said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Porter ODoran said:
Mor Ephrem said:
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:
sedevacantist said:
Porter ODoran said:

Very true.
And so, were I sedevacantist, I would argue that the see exists but is merely unoccupied at present.  The Church continues to exist, however uneasily, in such circumstances.  But sedevacantist's argument was something rather different, as if nineteen centuries of tradition makes not having a Pope not a big deal.  LOL. 
I understand. My response had a lot of holes.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Maria said:
Mor Ephrem said:
And so, were I sedevacantist, I would argue that the see exists but is merely unoccupied at present.  The Church continues to exist somewhere in the world, however uneasily, in such circumstances.  But sedevacantist's argument was something rather different, as if nineteen centuries of tradition makes not having a Pope not a big deal.  LOL. 
FIFY
No, I said what I meant and it was just fine.  You inserted your own off-topic idea in order to derail the conversation. 

Maria

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
Mor Ephrem said:
Maria said:
Mor Ephrem said:
FIFY
No, I said what I meant and it was just fine.  You inserted your own off-topic idea in order to derail the conversation.
No, I "fixed it for you" because most sedes whom I know believe that even though the See of Peter is vacant, there are other bishops out there to confirm their children as they often use the SSPX or other "noncanonical groups of bishops" when they want their children confirmed. This is interesting because while they do not agree with the SSPX, they use their bishops.

Bishop Williamson has confirmed countless children here in the USA. He came to Los Angeles several times to perform confirmation ceremonies for sedes who were not even members of the local SSPX parish.